Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Schumi
Enlightened

Re: Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Post by Schumi »

Clermont are going to blow this, aren't they.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The scorpion and the toad*

*Not actually a toad, but I don't want to use a national epithet
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Unbelievable, what a win from Munster.

This is the most 'Clermont' performance I've ever seen!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Oncredaableh
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Great result. Stuck at it and had the momentum at the end. Hard lessons on taking points when they are on offer have been well learned. Reeled them in slowly.
SaS
Bookworm

Post by SaS »

Clermont left their rugby brains in the dressing room at half-time. Pretty much had the game sewn up and then just stopped playing. Not sure what they were doing at the end, they should have set up a drop-goal for the extra bonus point.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

incredible comeback by munster. fair play. stander enjoyed that. grinning from ear to ear for the last 5 mins.
some great games today but that was something else.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

What an unbelievable comeback.
I can’t wait to watch that game again.

Munster had probably the worst start that they have ever had, with 4 tries conceded within 25 mins, and the game looking like a season ending game.
Munster showed great steal to stay in that game, and get the better of a very formidable pack with an academy player at LH.

Coombes was yet again a sight to behold.
CJ looked back to his best, and POM was a torn in Claremont’s side.

Apart from the 2 fluffed kicks to touch, JJ was very good.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

munster#1 wrote: December 19th, 2020, 8:24 pm What an unbelievable comeback.
I can’t wait to watch that game again.

Munster had probably the worst start that they have ever had, with 4 tries conceded within 25 mins, and the game looking like a season ending game.
Munster showed great steal to stay in that game, and get the better of a very formidable pack with an academy player at LH.

Coombes was yet again a sight to behold.
CJ looked back to his best, and POM was a torn in Claremont’s side.

Apart from the 2 fluffed kicks to touch, JJ was very good.
Enjoy. :)
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Didn’t see that coming even before the awful start, absolutely brilliant stuff!

Brilliant call to kick their way back into it and fair play to JJ for stepping up with all the pressure he must have been under. Great call from POM to change it up at the end then and go for the corner instead.

I really don’t think Clermont choked in the same way they’ve done in the past. Sure they made errors but I think Munster deserve all the credit for working their way back into it, sorting out some of the issues (restarts!), and going after them in the right areas.

Loads of players really stood up but I think Josh Wycherley deserves a special mention, he’s definitely the real deal. Was impressed with his all round game even when the scrum and Munster were struggling early on, but he managed to sort the scrum out and kept up his work around the park for nearly 80 minutes until he was subbed. So many players would have crumbled but he toughed it out and made a big impact.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: December 19th, 2020, 10:53 pm Didn’t see that coming even before the awful start, absolutely brilliant stuff!

Brilliant call to kick their way back into it and fair play to JJ for stepping up with all the pressure he must have been under. Great call from POM to change it up at the end then and go for the corner instead.

I really don’t think Clermont choked in the same way they’ve done in the past. Sure they made errors but I think Munster deserve all the credit for working their way back into it, sorting out some of the issues (restarts!), and going after them in the right areas.

Loads of players really stood up but I think Josh Wycherley deserves a special mention, he’s definitely the real deal. Was impressed with his all round game even when the scrum and Munster were struggling early on, but he managed to sort the scrum out and kept up his work around the park for nearly 80 minutes until he was subbed. So many players would have crumbled but he toughed it out and made a big impact.
POM displayed great leadership, he managed the game very well.
Too many times we see teams turn down points with a view to going to the corner.
Munster worked the scoreboard very well, which kept them in the game.

What Josh did is remarkable. Slimani did what he has done to so many loosheads in the first scrum, and annihilated Josh. But Josh got the better of him from then on.

Josh really stood out at under 20s due to his carrying ability, but if he can continue to develop his scrummaging, he has a real future ahead of him.
Having started the season as probably 5th choice, and easily fourth choice before yesterday’s game, hopefully he can push on and cement a regular place in the big games.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

That was a really admirable comeback by Munster. But it also goes some way to explain why CA have never won the European Cup. No team should lose a match they’re leading in by 28-9 at half time yet they’ve made a habit over the years of losing games they should have won. Saying that I take nothing away from Munster. They had to claw their way back into a game that looked gone and think and play their way out of an on-field crisis which they did superbly, so well done to them. If we’d found ourselves in the same position and recovered to win we’d be justifiably delighted with our team. I’m pleased that Josh Wycherley played well as I hope that it persuades Van Graan to show more faith in the younger players like the Wycherly’s, Coombs, Healy, Hodnett, Aherne, O’Sullivan et al. It might bite us and the other provinces in years to come but can only be good for the Ireland team. I would imagine that Munster supporters sometimes find JVG’s selectorial conservatism in the Pro14 irritating at times.
Last edited by JohnB on December 20th, 2020, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Haven't seen a millisecond of it yet but that must be one of Irish club rugbys greatest results (outside winning finals). Clermont never lose at home.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

blockhead wrote: December 20th, 2020, 11:03 am Clermont never lose at home.
Clermont lost at home to Montpellier two weeks ago.
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

blockhead wrote: December 20th, 2020, 11:03 am Haven't seen a millisecond of it yet but that must be one of Irish club rugbys greatest results (outside winning finals). Clermont never lose at home in Europe.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

blockhead wrote: December 20th, 2020, 11:42 am
blockhead wrote: December 20th, 2020, 11:03 am Haven't seen a millisecond of it yet but that must be one of Irish club rugbys greatest results (outside winning finals). Clermont never lose at home in Europe.
They lost their previous European game at home in Sep.
Sorry, I know that's mean.... I couldn't resist :wink:
Dont Panic!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dexter wrote: December 20th, 2020, 12:04 pm
Haven't seen a millisecond of it yet but that must be one of Irish club rugbys greatest results (outside winning finals). Clermont never lose at home in Europe against any Irish Club.

Gotcha!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

blockhead wrote: December 20th, 2020, 1:16 pm
Haven't seen a millisecond of it yet but that must be one of Irish club rugbys greatest results (outside winning finals). Clermont never lose at home in Europe against any Irish Club.

Gotcha!
Never let it be said that should the facts change, that Blockhead will also not change (unlike some posters on here - you know who you are!)
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

blockhead wrote: December 20th, 2020, 1:16 pm
Dexter wrote: December 20th, 2020, 12:04 pm

Gotcha!
Bingo!
...except for the one they just lost :wink:
Dont Panic!
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

So
Clermont never lose at home in Europe against any Irish Club... except Munster.
Australia never lose against any Irish Club... except Munster.
NZ never lose against any Irish Club... except Munster.
Etc.

In summary I believe we can say that Munster are exceptional.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never