Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Re: Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious - 2020/21

Post by offshorerules »

munster#1 wrote: September 14th, 2020, 4:41 pm
offshorerules wrote: September 14th, 2020, 3:37 pm
offshorerules wrote: September 10th, 2020, 12:50 pm

The ongoing saga? Never ending Story? Decent into oblivion? I just feel it needs something...
Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21 - Nope that isn't it... :lol:
Still not good enough?
Well I am not changing it.
Well I suppose it could have several endings.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Post by blockhead »

Zebo could be on his way out of Racing according to French media.
Would Munster take him back? Their backs are pretty tasty as it stands, not an area they are weak in.
Would he still fit through the door?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

blockhead wrote: September 15th, 2020, 10:02 am Zebo could be on his way out of Racing according to French media.
Would Munster take him back? Their backs are pretty tasty as it stands, not an area they are weak in.
Would he still fit through the door?

Final piece in the jigsaw. He could bring back a new work ethic and culture like Leo and Jennings for us ZzZZzZZzzZZzzZZ
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

If Zebo comes available, then Munster should snap him up.
He is a quality back 3 player.
Himself, Earls and Conway would be one of the best back 3s around.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

I agree with M1 - Killer is boers-de-kombat so he could slot in in the front row. Snap that cheeky chappie up now is what I say.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Up Wexford
Bookworm

Post by Up Wexford »

Has Zeebs been more successful at Racing than at Munster? 2 Euro semi finals, 2 Pro 14 Semi finals for Munster, and Racing 1 Euro final in Bilbao, quarter final next year, and 2nd and 4th in Top 14. Kind of call it scratch but there seems to be a lot more gnashing of teeth in Limerick than in the Parisian suburbs. To be fair he was 100% honest about moving for the paycheck and the lifestyle and I don't think anyone can begrudge him that.

As to his next destination, Munster don't need him back at the expense of younger, fitter, better backs. I have absolutely no inside knowledge but 100% that guy is going to end up in Pau - petrol money will cover his paycheck, under the shadow of the Pyrenees but close enough to the med for him to commute, big Munster retirement contingent. A glass of rose after a match in Section Pauloise or 12 months of anguish with JVG and the gang, I know what i'd choose every time
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

domhnallj wrote: September 15th, 2020, 3:18 pm I agree with M1 - Killer is boers-de-kombat so he could slot in in the front row. Snap that cheeky chappie up now is what I say.
his build is better suited to tighthead
Last edited by Oldschoolsocks on September 15th, 2020, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Sky Sports were showing highlights of the 2009 Super Rugby final earlier today, between the Bulls and the Chiefs, where the Bulls handed out a 60 point tonking. There were a couple of figures of Irish interest in the teams. Zane Kirchner and Pedrie Wanneburg (r) were on the Bulls team - Muliaina, Craig Clarke and Toby Morland played for the Chiefs and the Bulls runner was Johann van Graan.
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Up Wexford wrote: September 15th, 2020, 3:28 pm Has Zeebs been more successful at Racing than at Munster? 2 Euro semi finals, 2 Pro 14 Semi finals for Munster, and Racing 1 Euro final in Bilbao, quarter final next year, and 2nd and 4th in Top 14. Kind of call it scratch but there seems to be a lot more gnashing of teeth in Limerick than in the Parisian suburbs. To be fair he was 100% honest about moving for the paycheck and the lifestyle and I don't think anyone can begrudge him that.

As to his next destination, Munster don't need him back at the expense of younger, fitter, better backs. I have absolutely no inside knowledge but 100% that guy is going to end up in Pau - petrol money will cover his paycheck, under the shadow of the Pyrenees but close enough to the med for him to commute, big Munster retirement contingent. A glass of rose after a match in Section Pauloise or 12 months of anguish with JVG and the gang, I know what i'd choose every time
Zebo was still at Munster when Racing made the final in 2018.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

cormac wrote: September 16th, 2020, 9:41 am
Up Wexford wrote: September 15th, 2020, 3:28 pm Has Zeebs been more successful at Racing than at Munster? 2 Euro semi finals, 2 Pro 14 Semi finals for Munster, and Racing 1 Euro final in Bilbao, quarter final next year, and 2nd and 4th in Top 14. Kind of call it scratch but there seems to be a lot more gnashing of teeth in Limerick than in the Parisian suburbs. To be fair he was 100% honest about moving for the paycheck and the lifestyle and I don't think anyone can begrudge him that.

That's right young cormac.
Racing played Munster in the semi and Zebo was on the bench
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Up Wexford
Bookworm

Post by Up Wexford »

blockhead wrote: September 16th, 2020, 10:06 am
cormac wrote: September 16th, 2020, 9:41 am

That's right young cormac.
Racing played Munster in the semi and Zebo was on the bench
Apologies, mea culpa! One and a bit years for the Zeebmeister at Racing and he's getting the heave-ho... yeesh.

Imagine having to put up with Teddy T, Finn, Beale and Zeebs.... Always had massive respect for Teddy Iribaren though!
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Zebo will definitely end up in the MLR at some stage,maybe even now.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Last weeks A game against connacht.
https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/09/19/ ... munster-a/

Finished 22-19 to munster. Great that we got to see it.

Salanoa was going backwards in the scrums. Not a great start but it was his first game.

Hodnett the stand out forward. Kendallen, Ahern had some good moments too.

Healy has a good match. His kicking is probably better than many international 10s already. Crowley showed off some of his slick handling skills. Other than that the backs didn't get much ball die to the high penalty count munster conceded and it was very windy.

Connacht played well too scoring one nice try in particular. Their lineout and scrums were better than munsters.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

dropkick wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 10:22 am Last weeks A game against connacht.
https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/09/19/ ... munster-a/

Finished 22-19 to munster. Great that we got to see it.

Salanoa was going backwards in the scrums. Not a great start but it was his first game.

Hodnett the stand out forward. Kendallen, Ahern had some good moments too.

Healy has a good match. His kicking is probably better than many international 10s already. Crowley showed off some of his slick handling skills. Other than that the backs didn't get much ball die to the high penalty count munster conceded and it was very windy.

Connacht played well too scoring one nice try in particular. Their lineout and scrums were better than munsters.
Salanoa is a work in progress and has a long way to go.

Before 'Project Players' [i.e. 3-year NIQ contracts], there were regular project players – guys who coaches saw potential in [mostly physical potential] but who were quite a way behind the standard of their peers.

For Leinster, it was mostly second rows – guys like Mark Flanagan and Gavin Thornbury – but we also had big Stewart Maguire [196cm | 135kg] in the academy in the days when tightheads were essentially the shape of left tackles. Salanoa is that sort of project.

I'm pretty sure I was at all the home games [Pro14 and 'A' level] that he played in last season and I kept a close eye on him. At this stage of his career, he's a very powerful guy but a mediocre rugby player with a limited engine. The idea that he is ready to go 50-60 minutes 15-20 times a season is waaaaay off.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

hugonaut wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 11:45 am . At this stage of his career, he's a very powerful guy but a mediocre rugby player with a limited engine. The idea that he is ready to go 50-60 minutes 15-20 times a season is waaaaay off.
He'll fit right in
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

ronk wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 9:56 pm
hugonaut wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 11:45 am . At this stage of his career, he's a very powerful guy but a mediocre rugby player with a limited engine. The idea that he is ready to go 50-60 minutes 15-20 times a season is waaaaay off.
He'll fit right in
:lol: Ouch!
Dont Panic!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Terrible discipline and a penchant for box kicking no matter where they are on the pitch. It's not been a great 25 minutes for Munster.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

cormac wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 3:26 pm Terrible discipline and a penchant for box kicking no matter where they are on the pitch. It's not been a great 25 minutes for Munster.
They need to get Murray off and Casey on :lol:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

They finally decide not to kick the ball away and score a try for their troubles. Some of the Scarlets are blowing heavily already.