Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Armchair »

Leinsterman wrote:Clowns who drive ridiculously on the roads, despite no snow on them. They're usually the same clowns who don't bother to clear snow that's three inches deep off the roof, bonnet and boot of their car before they start their journey. :roll:
A real pet hate of mine!! and then when it freezes on the car over the coming days they wonder why their paint work is scratched as they were only scraping ice :roll:
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

limecat wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Clowns who drive ridiculously on the roads, despite no snow on them. They're usually the same clowns who don't bother to clear snow that's three inches deep off the roof, bonnet and boot of their car before they start their journey. :roll:
Saw a snowman on top of a car yesterday as it was driving along...it was a fairly small snowman made from the snow on one side of the roof, but it even had arms made out of twigs.
Torturous Basterds!

"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I saw one clown yesterday who hadnn't even bothered to clear the snow off his passenger window! It was like he was driving an igloo! :lol:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Snow.

That is all
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

sheepshagger wrote:Snow.

That is all
Some kids threw snowballs at the car, rather than the futile stop and chase I went with the route of trying to damage their egos and duly informed them that they "threw like little b!tches!"
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

limecat wrote:
Saw a snowman on top of a car yesterday as it was driving along...it was a fairly small snowman made from the snow on one side of the roof, but it even had arms made out of twigs.
Point now taken! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

My father-in-law is a fireman, this morning he had to cut the roof off a car to extract the (thankfully un-injured) driver from a crashed vehicle. The driver of said vehicle lost all visibility when downshifting and the snow on the roof moved to completely obstruct the windscreen.

Result: Car under truck! :shock:
Daniel Sullivan
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

I hope he enjoyed his extra 30 seconds in bed.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Hipsters, you know them. With their flat caps, neck bandanas, tweed jackets, high top basket ball runnners, knit sweaters and designer stubble. Cycling around on their old school retro bikes that fold in half with their manbags. :twisted:
They make smug-beard from last year's Meteor Christmas ad seem like a nice chap in comparison. Bloody too cool for school bunch of wannabes, there's never a grassy knoll nearby when you want one
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Leinsterman wrote:I hope he enjoyed his extra 30 seconds in bed.
Thats the spirit, every cloud eh? :lol: :lol:
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

RoboProp wrote:Hipsters, you know them. With their flat caps, neck bandanas, tweed jackets, high top basket ball runnners, knit sweaters and designer stubble. Cycling around on their old school retro bikes that fold in half with their manbags. :twisted:
They make smug-beard from last year's Meteor Christmas ad seem like a nice chap in comparison. Bloody too cool for school bunch of wannabes, there's never a grassy knoll nearby when you want one
Not forgetting their sprayed on jeans I hope (surely it takes an age to get into those things?).
Daniel Sullivan
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Peg Leg wrote:
RoboProp wrote:Hipsters, you know them. With their flat caps, neck bandanas, tweed jackets, high top basket ball runnners, knit sweaters and designer stubble. Cycling around on their old school retro bikes that fold in half with their manbags. :twisted:
Not forgetting their sprayed on jeans I hope (surely it takes an age to get into those things?).
Which are rolled up too! Bunch of pretentious effete twits! To quote Bart Simpson "We need another Vietnam to thin that herd"
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Bloody kids pelting the bus. Why do they think it's acceptable to throw snow/ice/rocks at that and not at cars I wonder?
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

RoboProp wrote: They make smug-beard from last year's Meteor Christmas ad seem like a nice chap in comparison. Bloody too cool for school bunch of wannabes, there's never a grassy knoll nearby when you want one
I had forgotten that smug pr*ck. Good to keep the hatred alive RP.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

hugonaut wrote:
RoboProp wrote: They make smug-beard from last year's Meteor Christmas ad seem like a nice chap in comparison. Bloody too cool for school bunch of wannabes, there's never a grassy knoll nearby when you want one
I had forgotten that smug pr*ck. Good to keep the hatred alive RP.
w&%kers in the new Meteor Ad are nearly as bad.

"We've got to descrooge this guy!"

The ould fella should just fire the tossers, that would break their cough! :twisted:
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

Coming home to realize my tv isn't working and it must have been hit by lightening last night.

So focking annoyed.
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

you are not missing much , there's nothing on
"Look what Leinster have done again"
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Donny B. wrote:

The ould fella should just fire the tossers, that would break their cough! :twisted:
I've only seen it once, but whichever media agency is responsible for those Meteor ads must be staffed by some of the most irritating w*nkers in the country. If they imagine that the actors in them have any sort of mass/crossover appeal rather than just a faux-creative, late-adopter hipster soft-c*ck audience, they've clearly done too much coke or else only ever hang around with faux-creative late-adopter hipster soft-c*cks. I would like to say rant over, but it's only rant suspended while I make meself a cup of scald.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

aisling7 wrote:Coming home to realize my tv isn't working and it must have been hit by lightening last night.

So focking annoyed.
This lightening ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL4vou2tars&feature=aso
T - 45
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

hugonaut wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

I've only seen it once, but whichever media agency is responsible for those Meteor ads must be staffed by some of the most irritating w*nkers in the country. If they imagine that the actors in them have any sort of mass/crossover appeal rather than just a faux-creative, late-adopter hipster soft-c*ck audience, they've clearly done too much coke or else only ever hang around with faux-creative late-adopter hipster soft-c*cks. I would like to say rant over, but it's only rant suspended while I make meself a cup of scald.
That's a reet good rant Hugo! You've got them on the ropes, just need to finish them off!
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
aisling7 wrote:Coming home to realize my tv isn't working and it must have been hit by lightening last night.

So focking annoyed.
This lightening ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL4vou2tars&feature=aso
That could have been it alright. Set the house alarm off too at some crazy hour this morning.