Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Dexter »

TerenureJim wrote:Politicans, seriously there are more important problems then this to be trying to get your name in the paper you idiot

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 23687.html
Nanny state-ism gone mad!
Dont Panic!
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Donny B. wrote:
Danthefan wrote:Worked for Xmen.
To be fair to Xmen, they went back before the story in the first Xmen films began. From looking at the trailer this appears to be just telling the same story again as the first Spiderman film.
Oh. Well that's just daft.

TerenureJim wrote:Politicans, seriously there are more important problems then this to be trying to get your name in the paper you idiot

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 23687.html
Playing video games - nearly as bad as smoking. Good lord.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

What are the odds the guy was a fat f%~k?
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Leinsterman wrote:What are the odds the guy was a fat f%~k?
Or just had some underlying health problems. Also did anyone point out to our wonderous politicans that people may be sitting in one place for upwards of 12 hours reading books, books people! They're the devils work, left unchecked they could kill hundreds of children every year or at the very least leave them with poor eyesight due to reading in poor light provided by the government manadatory low wattage enegry saving light bulbs.

Won't somebody think of the children and burn these awuful books now!
West Brit
Mullet

Post by West Brit »

Crazy politician wrote:“Thousands of our children, teens and even young married men are spending endless hours on these machines and it is impacting on their emotional and mental health also.”
I'm none of those things but I spend endless hours per day in front of a computer screen for work. Why does she care more about children, teens and even young married men than she does about me?
Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

West Brit wrote:
Crazy politician wrote:“Thousands of our children, teens and even young married men are spending endless hours on these machines and it is impacting on their emotional and mental health also.”
I'm none of those things but I spend endless hours per day in front of a computer screen for work. Why does she care more about children, teens and even young married men than she does about me?

you're a goodfornothing west brit for starters
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
West Brit
Mullet

Post by West Brit »

tate wrote:
West Brit wrote:

you're a goodfornothing west brit for starters
That's the very least of my problems! :)
Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Sky News.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

honeyec wrote:Sky News.
Most news channels, especially 24 hour ones and also international ones, are garbage I find. Sky News is tabloid with some very weak presenters but at least their sportsline is above average.

I have CNN and BBC News 24 here - I hate them both. Bland, boring and predictable. CNN fills their scheduling with programmes like 'Behind the Story' (or something like that) and the other one where the female presenter sells it as 'how a story here is connected to events here and here' pointing to random destination in China, Europe and Venezuela for example. When the show starts, there are no links made, the stories are not newsworthy and whole thing falls apart. Their sports coverage used to be dominated by the Portugese-English educated who is massively in love with himself and pronounces his sylablles like Ryle Nugent. Haven't watched him (or the sports there) since Dermot Aherne was on moaning about Thierry Henry saying; "in my day, when I was growing up, you'd never get away with that"

BBC does that annoying thing (that CNN also have) of starting their morning programmes in Asia with some dude presenting from Singapore and someone from London. There's that artificial banter and pretending to find what the other person says is funny. Not acceptable for that hour of the morning.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Charity ICA Bootcamp ... RTE have out done themselves again ... WTF! Glad my €160 Licence Fee is being well spent once more.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Mauler wrote:Charity ICA Bootcamp ... RTE have out done themselves again ... WTF! Glad my €160 Licence Fee is being well spent once more.

That programme is the best thing on Television at the moment bar none.
I have Bumbleflex
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Mauler wrote:Charity ICA Bootcamp ... RTE have out done themselves again ... WTF! Glad my €160 Licence Fee is being well spent once more.

Shooting Stars!
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Pay cuts :(
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Hickiefan wrote:Pay cuts :(
ouch
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

My mum has just been given a diagnosis of the Big C. The have given her 1 year with treatment and only mere weeks without. Shocked, distraught and lost at the thought. :(
Everything is relative.
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Skinfull wrote:My mum has just been given a diagnosis of the Big C. The have given her 1 year with treatment and only mere weeks without. Shocked, distraught and lost at the thought. :(
Everything is relative.
Thats really tough, sorry to hear it.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Skinfull wrote:My mum has just been given a diagnosis of the Big C. The have given her 1 year with treatment and only mere weeks without. Shocked, distraught and lost at the thought. :(
Everything is relative.

Really sorry to hear that. Thoughts with you and your family.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

Everything is relative.
That is very sad to hear. Thoughts are with you.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Everything is relative.
So sorry to hear that
I have Bumbleflex
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Hornet wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

Shooting Stars!
I'll raise you a 'Stars go Racing'.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP