Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
simplythebest
Enlightened
Posts: 934
Joined: October 20th, 2009, 8:41 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Friday's rant

Post by simplythebest »

TerenureJim wrote:
Scott wrote:Oh sweet jesus - that American lad from the NRA is back on the airwaves talking about salt supplies :( :( :( :(


I got some saxa from the corner shop this morning so my chips are sorted.


Haven't heard it. Why is an American from the National Rifle Association banging on about Saxa and chips?
LEINSTER pour toujours

User avatar
simplythebest
Enlightened
Posts: 934
Joined: October 20th, 2009, 8:41 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Friday's rant

Post by simplythebest »

TerenureJim wrote:Not defending his actions for one bit but he does have a point regarding the lack of investigative journalism that went on into how and why property prices were sky rocketing and how the banks especially Anglo were leveraging debt. Granted personal informaion re mortgages is hard to come by but everytime a Company was involved in taking a loan from a bank and a charge is secured a public filing is made in the Companies Registration Office, so for about €2 any journo worth his salt could have dug up some pretty interesting stuff at the height of the boom which probably would have put regulators and politicos on notice that something just wasn't right here.


I'm not going to get started on that toss pot, but the simple fact is he created an atmosphere whereby if anyone in Ireland even wondered as to whether the road we were travelling on was as good as was being made out it was, they were told to go off and commit suicide. He set the stage, the motherfcuker should be in prison.
LEINSTER pour toujours

User avatar
Schumi
Knowledgeable
Posts: 410
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 11:02 pm

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Schumi »

simplythebest wrote:Haven't heard it. Why is an American from the National Rifle Association banging on about Saxa and chips?

They're in favour of asSALT rifles from what I hear.

Sorry.

CRAZYDAVE
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2868
Joined: February 7th, 2006, 2:30 pm

Re: Friday's rant

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

sheepshagger wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:George Lee back doing opinionated primetime pieces post Daíl stint. Inappropiate much? Follow on question if I leave my job to run for political office, decide after a few months that I don't like it will I get a nice little parachute payout to "help me adjust" and then be able to go back to a very similar position with the same terms and conditions as I left with my employer?


Its pretty much the same with any civil service post isn't it?


There's nothing like ill-informed comment.

Lee was on a "career break" from RTE.

Any civil servant wanting to stand for public office (even as an independent) would have to resign their position. There would be no prospect of going back to their old job.

Public servants like RTE's, teachers, HSE employees and local authority staff have no such restrictions.
T - 45

User avatar
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5282
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

Re: Friday's rant

Post by TerenureJim »

The Dana assination plot, I can't believe I missed. Really sorry there folks.

User avatar
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney
Posts: 9505
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia
Contact:

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Peg Leg »

8 Bengal Tigers
17 Lions
3 Mountain Lions
2 Grizzlies
6 Bears
2 Wolves
1 Baboon, all shot in Ohio today. http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16092724

That would bring a tear to your eye, I don't blame the town sheriff, but the asshole who released them instead.
Would it have hurt to replace those bullets with tranquilizers though?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan

User avatar
Sauvignon Blank
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2576
Joined: June 22nd, 2008, 10:10 am
Location: Splendid Isolation

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Miriam O'Callaghan, a ubiquitous overpaid & underworked dizzy bint.
3 Gold Stars

User avatar
johng
Devin Toner
Posts: 18393
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Friday's rant

Post by johng »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:Miriam O'Callaghan, a ubiquitous overpaid & underworked dizzy bint.

Not disagreeing, but can she be ubiquitous AND underworked? Plus, anyone who ever had to shag McGurk has my sympathies.

User avatar
Amz
Mullet
Posts: 1289
Joined: October 11th, 2009, 10:59 pm

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Amz »

How could anyone who willingly shagged McGuirk have anyone's sympathies?

User avatar
johng
Devin Toner
Posts: 18393
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Friday's rant

Post by johng »

:lol: Fair point.

User avatar
Sauvignon Blank
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2576
Joined: June 22nd, 2008, 10:10 am
Location: Splendid Isolation

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

johng wrote:
Sauvignon Blank wrote:Miriam O'Callaghan, a ubiquitous overpaid & underworked dizzy bint.

Not disagreeing, but can she be ubiquitous AND underworked? Plus, anyone who ever had to shag McGurk has my sympathies.


Well actually, yes she can and seems to do it with consumate ease.

Henceforth, Mrs Blank has been informed of my refusal to pay the licence fee in protest at the circus that is our national broadcaster. An organisation that has squandered millions on the likes of Ryan, Byrne, Tubridy, Hook, Mcguirk & O'Callaghan to name but a few.
3 Gold Stars

User avatar
Leinster Exile
Mullet
Posts: 1347
Joined: January 24th, 2007, 11:23 am
Location: Somerset

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Leinster Exile »

johng wrote:
Sauvignon Blank wrote:Miriam O'Callaghan, a ubiquitous overpaid & underworked dizzy bint.

Not disagreeing, but can she be ubiquitous AND underworked? Plus, anyone who ever had to shag McGurk has my sympathies.


Or a hero to the nation .............oopps I should post this in the rave section

User avatar
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen
Posts: 12045
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 1:47 pm
Location: The nearest KFC licking my fingers
Contact:

Re: Friday's rant

Post by sheepshagger »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:Miriam O'Callaghan, a ubiquitous overpaid & underworked dizzy bint.


Take that back!

User avatar
Oldschool
Cian Healy
Posts: 12809
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Oldschool »

simplythebest wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Not defending his actions for one bit but he does have a point regarding the lack of investigative journalism that went on into how and why property prices were sky rocketing and how the banks especially Anglo were leveraging debt. Granted personal informaion re mortgages is hard to come by but everytime a Company was involved in taking a loan from a bank and a charge is secured a public filing is made in the Companies Registration Office, so for about €2 any journo worth his salt could have dug up some pretty interesting stuff at the height of the boom which probably would have put regulators and politicos on notice that something just wasn't right here.


I'm not going to get started on that toss pot, but the simple fact is he created an atmosphere whereby if anyone in Ireland even wondered as to whether the road we were travelling on was as good as was being made out it was, they were told to go off and commit suicide. He set the stage, the motherfcuker should be in prison.

Justifiable so for once, I'm going to repeat myself.
Jump, go on Bertie, Jump, do it Bertie, Jump. The cost of the ensuing state funeral would be worth it.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.

User avatar
ronk
Leo Cullen
Posts: 10645
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Friday's rant

Post by ronk »

Working part time

User avatar
Slipper1
Rob Kearney
Posts: 8862
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 3:13 pm
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
Contact:

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Slipper1 »

I wonder what happened to Mariama? Has she grown up? Is she still walking? Did she ever get to meet Tom Dunne?
Get in the f%~king bag.

User avatar
Sauvignon Blank
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2576
Joined: June 22nd, 2008, 10:10 am
Location: Splendid Isolation

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

sheepshagger wrote:
Sauvignon Blank wrote:Miriam O'Callaghan, a ubiquitous overpaid & underworked dizzy bint.


Take that back!



No.
3 Gold Stars

User avatar
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney
Posts: 9505
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia
Contact:

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Peg Leg »

ronk wrote:Working part time


That is sh!t, do you think it'll be longterm?
What industry you in Ronk?
Hope it works out.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan

User avatar
ronk
Leo Cullen
Posts: 10645
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Friday's rant

Post by ronk »

Peg Leg wrote:
ronk wrote:Working part time


That is sh!t, do you think it'll be longterm?
What industry you in Ronk?
Hope it works out.


It'll pay the bills in the meantime and it gives me a chance to do some research. I'm a lecturer.

It could be long term but something might show up.

User avatar
Scott
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2996
Joined: April 21st, 2009, 3:24 pm

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Scott »

Been sick past few days and stuck indoors. In no particular order the shittiest 'comedy' shows on telly .......two&half men/big bang theory/mike&molly. Utter f%~king muck
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan

Post Reply