Post by Slipper1 »

People who don't like rant threads
Get in the f%~king bag.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Leinsterman »

the spoofer wrote:
Two HSE ex staff on pensions of €160k pa.

They would also have received a lump sum of €480k each.

That makes me more sad than angry.

The lump sum is equivalent to 9600 property tax amounts collected.
The annual pension needs 3200 property taxes to be collected yearly at the current rate of €100 to fund them.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Something to remember when we all start paying the €100 household charge in the new year......

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 72186.html

Am sure the anti reform brigade will have some excuse that makes this sh!t alright :roll:
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Despite paying a hefty delivery sum to ensure guaranteed pre-Christmas delivery UPS did not deliver on time and there will now be a very large gap under the tree tomorrow morning. I rang to enquire and the guy on the customer service line actually told me "that Christmas isn't really about the presents" well no that's true but paying a lot of money for a service and expecting it to be professional and carried out in a correct manner as promised has nothing to do with Christmas.

I asked if I could drive to their depot myself to collect and was informed that they're closed and not delivering today, well you know what shoddy old An Post are out and about and the post office was open this morning so fair play to them making sure people get their Christmas deliveries.

I have rarely used UPS previously but I will now go out of my way to ensure that I and anyone I know or work with never uses them either.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

TerenureJim wrote:"that Christmas isn't really about the presents"
Ouch. :x
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Real Time Bus Info displays taking a well earned rest on St Stephens Day. What a joke!
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Hornet wrote:Real Time Bus Info displays taking a well earned rest on St Stephens Day. What a joke!
Those things wind me up anyway. Would it not have been better to use the money those things cost to run more buses?!
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

BlueArmyOriginal wrote:
Hornet wrote:Real Time Bus Info displays taking a well earned rest on St Stephens Day. What a joke!
Those things wind me up anyway. Would it not have been better to use the money those things cost to run more buses?!
Thought they were great at first but they're so inconsistent that they're pretty much a waste of space alright. I was in Sweden a while back and if the bus is meant to be at a stop at 18:13 but arrives early then it'll wait until the right time. Admittedly this was in a much quieter area than our city centre but surely a similar system would work here? It's the inconsistency of our buses that really gets to me.

Oh and that reminds me that the new fare increases are a complete joke. I't not like these are a one off either, they've been increasing them fairly heavily for the last 3/4 years. I'm sure it won't be long before the new 2.15 increases to a nice round 2.50 as well.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

It took a break the previous week too... Just after they won some award for it :roll:

Dublin Bus... Real Time.... What an oxymoron
T - 45
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

1.85 please.

That fair has gone up to 2.15

get the f%~k outta here
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Great, it's now unquestionably cheaper to drive than get the bus. :)
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Scott wrote:1.85 please.

get the f%~k outta here
Wonder what the anti reform brigade have to say about this shite that Dublin Bus are serving up... :roll:
alterego
Knowledgeable

Post by alterego »

sheepshagger wrote:

get the f%~k outta here
Wonder what the anti reform brigade have to say about this shite that Dublin Bus are serving up... :roll:
Take it up directly with Vrad the Loudhaler. He's the reformist that sanctioned the increases (after cutting the state subvention).
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

get the f%~k outta here
So the DART is now cheaper to get into town than the bus. Nice one.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

alterego wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:

get the f%~k outta here
Take it up directly with Vrad the Loudhaler. He's the reformist that sanctioned the increases (after cutting the state subvention).
Indeed - he is prize tool though.

Prattling on yesterday about people threatening to boycott the new household charge saying people should think before doing so unless they want to stop using the fire brigade, local sewage systems etc..... Err looking at the root cause as to why the county councils are short on money might be a better place to start.

Cut the bureaucracy, wastage and clear as mud duplication around the country in these councils and the charge may not have to be implemented!
alterego
Knowledgeable

Post by alterego »

sheepshagger wrote:
alterego wrote:
Indeed - he is prize tool though.

Prattling on yesterday about people threatening to boycott the new household charge saying people should think before doing so unless they want to stop using the fire brigade, local sewage systems etc..... Err looking at the root cause as to why the county councils are short on money might be a better place to start.

Cut the bureaucracy, wastage and clear as mud duplication around the country in these councils and the charge may not have to be implemented!
I saw that interview. The b$&%@#d was wearing a leinster season ticket holder's scarf. :x . Keep politics (and politicians) out of sport :twisted:
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

All these bloody Repak ads on the radio about the app they have which will give you GPS co-ordinates etc of other recycling centres if your local one is full.

Why not maybe pay their staff some overtime and make sure the recycling centres are emptied more regularly instead?
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Not sure if this was mentioned previously, but walking through Dublin's eerily quiet Terminal 2 on the week to Christmas they have "Faces of Ireland" kinda half plastered along some walls. Having people like Colm Cooper is fine because it shouldn't all be about those known across the world - like Gabriel Byrne or whatever - but some of the architects of our economic downfall were present, like Michael Martin. However, I especially loved the presence of Ryan Tubridy - if there was ever an example of how poor quality hacks earned way beyond their talent during the boom years, and you wanted to show it off to the world, here was the marquee personality. A Face of Ireland to scare away the foreigners too. He might have a prominent job on Irish TV, but do we really consider him worthy of a place alongside the likes of our great writers, actors, musicians and sporting personalities etc?
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

suisse wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned previously, but walking through Dublin's eerily quiet Terminal 2 on the week to Christmas they have "Faces of Ireland" kinda half plastered along some walls. Having people like Colm Cooper is fine because it shouldn't all be about those known across the world - like Gabriel Byrne or whatever - but some of the architects of our economic downfall were present, like Michael Martin. However, I especially loved the presence of Ryan Tubridy - if there was ever an example of how poor quality hacks earned way beyond their talent during the boom years, and you wanted to show it off to the world, here was the marquee personality. A Face of Ireland to scare away the foreigners too. He might have a prominent job on Irish TV, but do we really consider him worthy of a place alongside the likes of our great writers, actors, musicians and sporting personalities etc?
He is on Radio 2 sometimes , filling in for Graham Norton and Ken Bruce.....................it makes me so angry. Its that Mrs Brown's boys sh1te , they run out of ideas for Ireland so they hock their sh1te to the Brits
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Trying to renew my passport - An Odyssey.

Day 1 - go to chemist to get photos done. Chemist #1 doesn't do passport photos.

Go to another chemist for photos.

Drive to Garda station to have form & photos endorsed.

Drive to Post Office to use Passport Express service. Find post office closed despite it not being a weekend or public holiday.

Day 2 - Return to Post Office. Be informed by clerk that the Guard should have stamped the back of my photos in addition to signing them.

Return to Garda Station. Be given the third degree by the desk sergeant about who signed my form.

Listen to rant from desk sergeant about the fact that that Guard shouldn't have been answering the public hatch, as he's traffic corps.

Return to Post Office, where a massive queue has materialised.

Finally get application in the post.

Day 6 - Miss phone call from passport office.

Ring back to be informed that my signature didn't scan onto the passport properly, and that I need to sign a new form and send it in again.

Have small conniption about the fact that I'm due to fly on the 15th of the month.

Drive to Clondalkin post office for new application form to find they don't leave forms in the public area, and there's a massive queue of at least 35 people.

Run down the road to Garda station in torrential rain to get form from there.

Run back up the road to post office in torrential rain to post new form.

Day 7 (today) - just waiting on another call from the passport office telling me something else has gone wrong...

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."