Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Re: Friday's rant

Post by the spoofer »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Paul Kimmage.

He used an interview with Eoin O'Malley yesterday to tell a story about BOD that I presume is going to be in BOD's book. I suspect that he's very much exaggerating it as well. It was about BOD being dropped for the Munster game two years ago but it didn't happen in the end because O'Malley got injured. Fair enough it obviously left an impression on BOD if it came up while researching the book, but given that he was just back from injury and the team was in good nick, and that he could have been a good sub, I very much doubt that he was actually dropped.

Very petty and self serving and gave a very strange slant to the interview. Quite pathetic actually.
I would have thought that if a book doesn't go ahead then the information gleaned in preparing a book should be confidential. No?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

No idea what the ins and outs are now that Kimmage isn't involved any more.

I think this line is telling though: "You know, I'm probably the only person in this city who knows how good you were."

I could be wrong but I think what he's saying there is that he's one of the few people who knows that BOD was about to be "dropped" and I'm assuming he found out about it while he was writing the book.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Paul Kimmage.

He used an interview with Eoin O'Malley yesterday to tell a story about BOD that I presume is going to be in BOD's book. I suspect that he's very much exaggerating it as well. It was about BOD being dropped for the Munster game two years ago but it didn't happen in the end because O'Malley got injured. Fair enough it obviously left an impression on BOD if it came up while researching the book, but given that he was just back from injury and the team was in good nick, and that he could have been a good sub, I very much doubt that he was actually dropped.

Very petty and self serving and gave a very strange slant to the interview. Quite pathetic actually.
There is absolutely no proof that BOD would have been dropped for anything more than one training session - just because something has happened in the past it does not guarantee that it will ever happen again. Due to the fact that Chub got injured we will never know what Joe may or may not have done later that week.

I was delighted for Kimmage when the truth about Armstrong came out but to tell you the truth since then he has come across as being a petty and bitter man and this article has made my mind up for me to never read anything of his again. Btw, he didn't just use the info in the article he actually tweeted a link to it and added an @briano'driscoll to his tweet to make sure BOD knew about it.

Also, where the fcuk does he get off with his ridiculous comment about how he's the only person in the city who knows how good O'Malley was - I'd imagine there are plenty of people, on this board alone never mind 'in this city', who have know about this lad since his school days and there are several thousand who have been watching him since he first joined the team.

So goodbye Paul Kimmage, thankfully I won't be hearing from you again.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

This year's exam timetable.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

Daylight at 5.30am in the morning yet it is getting dark at 7pm
Can anyone tell me why the hour goes forward 14 weeks after the winter solastice and yet it goes back 7 weeks before it.
Why does it not go forward at the end of February?
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

mfjoc wrote:Daylight at 5.30am in the morning yet it is getting dark at 7pm
Can anyone tell me why the hour goes forward 14 weeks after the winter solastice and yet it goes back 7 weeks before it.
Farmers? or School kids?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

TerenureJim wrote:
Farmers? or School kids?
That used to be the reason. Personally I'd prefer if they just left it on summer time. I hate those (earlier) dark winter evenings.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Oldschool wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:
Farmers? or School kids?
That used to be the reason. Personally I'd prefer if they just left it on summer time. I hate those (earlier) dark winter evenings.
So not just in order for the clock to be correct on here then?
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

The property market. First time buyer and was looking at a house recently, the house is now €60K past the initial asking price and still rising. It's as if the crash never happened.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Safe pass....... All day!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

TerenureJim wrote:The property market. First time buyer and was looking at a house recently, the house is now €60K past the initial asking price and still rising. It's as if the crash never happened.
That's just not normal in a functioning housing market. It doesn't make sense at all
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Leinster Exile wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:The property market. First time buyer and was looking at a house recently, the house is now €60K past the initial asking price and still rising. It's as if the crash never happened.
That's just not normal in a functioning housing market. It doesn't make sense at all
Seems to be a south county Dublin thing.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Three months of exams and assessments.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

My friend has been comprehensively outbid on about 8 houses in the past few weeks. In every case, the house went for a bananas amount more than the asking.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Leinster Exile wrote:
johng last year wrote:House next door sold for 120 grand more than the asking price and it needs a fortune spent on it.
Sorry what, 120k over the asking price? Have ye money to burn in Dublin?
They backed out of the sale last year. (The people selling did) for personal reasons. Back on the market now and being swarmed over by legions of buyers.

While it was not an attempt to get more money I'd guess that will be the outcome.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Supply and demand innit. Not enough houses being built on the south side of Dublin. Buckets of apartments in fields in Leitrim.

Who thought Irish people would want to live in an apartment in the middle of the country?
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

honeyec wrote:
My friend has been comprehensively outbid on about 8 houses in the past few weeks. In every case, the house went for a bananas amount more than the asking.
See that's the thing South Dublin property is becoming a bit of a Tulip, if you know your Dutch economic history, in terms of the actual goods on offer being hugely over-valued.

Yes you can argue it's supply/demand that's at issue, and it is, but IMO the market values being paid don't reflect the true value/quality of the property on offer.
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

johng wrote:Supply and demand innit. Not enough houses being built on the south side of Dublin. Buckets of apartments in fields in Leitrim.

Who thought Irish people would want to live in an apartment in the middle of the country?
But but decentralisation and gateway towns etc etc etc
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Whats wrong with buying a place on de nortsoide?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Leinster Exile wrote:
johng wrote:Supply and demand innit. Not enough houses being built on the south side of Dublin. Buckets of apartments in fields in Leitrim.

But but decentralisation and gateway towns etc etc etc
Yeah but an apartment? The whole point of moving out of a city is to get a bit more space inside and outside your house.