Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Friday's rant

Post by johng »

domhnallj wrote:Whats wrong with buying a place on de nortsoide?
An aversion to the eating of one's young of course..... For starters. :)
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

johng wrote:
Ah, eating your young doesn't have to just be for starters. With growing rates of obesity, some of them would suffice as a main course.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

johng wrote: Yeah but an apartment? The whole point of moving out of a city is to get a bit more space inside and outside your house.
No, it's so that you can spend half your life sitting in a car on your way to and from work. :)
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

TheBear wrote:
johng wrote:
Ah, eating your young doesn't have to just be for starters. With growing rates of obesity, some of them would suffice as a main course.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
A proud Winsome Fluter
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

johng wrote:
And it smells different. My mums a northsider but we don't hold it against her, we are good like that.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

TheBear wrote:
johng wrote:
An immodest proposition indeed! Well played. :D
MarkyDeSad
Knowledgeable

Post by MarkyDeSad »

....and another feckin' car flag bites the dust. Although a strange change in the M.O. as the Garda investigative unit noted, this time the flag was removed from from the plastic support rather than just snapped off and I was able to replace it with one that had been snapped off and dumped around the corner previously :D (not sure that this is a rant :? )
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

MarkyDeSad wrote:....and another feckin' car flag bites the dust. Although a strange change in the M.O. as the Garda investigative unit noted, this time the flag was removed from from the plastic support rather than just snapped off and I was able to replace it with one that had been snapped off and dumped around the corner previously :D (not sure that this is a rant :? )
Yea but mindless vandalism, now there's a quality rant if you're looking for one.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

MarkyDeSad wrote:....and another feckin' car flag bites the dust. Although a strange change in the M.O. as the Garda investigative unit noted, this time the flag was removed from from the plastic support rather than just snapped off and I was able to replace it with one that had been snapped off and dumped around the corner previously :D (not sure that this is a rant :? )
An offence contrary to Section 2 of the Criminal Damage Act 1991. Fine not exceeding €1269.74 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months in the District Court. Time to go get 'em.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Sorry but all this talk of the Garda is giving rise to another rant. Alan Shatter, wtf is he doing still being a minister? Surely there is no other country in the world except perhaps Italy that he could have survived this many f%~k ups.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

offshorerules wrote:Sorry but all this talk of the Garda is giving rise to another rant. Alan Shatter, wtf is he doing still being a minister? Surely there is no other country in the world except perhaps Italy that he could have survived this many f%~k ups.
It's the hair, people can't get enough of the Krusty Comb!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Google trying to trademark the word "glass"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Matt Cooper interviewing two Irish actors based in England. 20min interview and Matt wants to know if they've been racially abused for 10mins.
Daniel Sullivan
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

offshorerules wrote: Seems to be a south county Dublin thing.
Alas, very much on this side of the Liffey too. I saw it coming 18 months ago when people started outbidding each other rapidly in certain areas with sale prices winding up way over the asking. I wish I bought at that point in many ways but I refused to become involved in a bidding war and paying an artificial price; those houses are starting at about €80k more now. Now it's gone into bubble territory with 3 bedroom house in decent (not great) areas going for over €400k after starting the bidding at €320k. It's all completely artificial due to supply and demand. People do not want to sell their houses due to still being in significant equity and nobody wants to relinquish their tracker mortgage either. A large percentage of sales I've seen are either rentals going to the market or executor sales.
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Peg Leg wrote:Matt Cooper interviewing two Irish actors based in England. 20min interview and Matt wants to know if they've been racially abused for 10mins.
What ? As in being called Paddy or are they Irish of african descent ?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

The homophobic bigot John Waters on why it's terrible that people on the street call him for the homophobic bigot that he is, while he simultaneously equates homosexuality with incest and describes the medical condition of depression as an "invention" and a "cop-out"

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/iv ... 80643.html

Only thing worse than a hate-monger is a hate-monger who's a complete gutless wimp who runs to his lawyer at the first sign of people hating him back!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Read that earlier and my mind was honestly blown by the stupidity.

I saw him recently and had to resist the urge to say something. I'm not exactly a fan of people being abused in the street but I don't blame those who did.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Donny B. wrote:The homophobic bigot John Waters
I went to one of his talks once (didn't know who he was, would have avoided it like the plague if I had). At one stage my mate offered me a chewing gum and said "I'm just sorry they're not suicide pills." For me that pretty much sums up most of what he has to say.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Post by neilinboston »

sid wrote:
Donny B. wrote:The homophobic bigot John Waters
I went to one of his talks once (didn't know who he was, would have avoided it like the plague if I had). At one stage my mate offered me a chewing gum and said "I'm just sorry they're not suicide pills." For me that pretty much sums up most of what he has to say.
why didn't you just leave? was there free biscuits?
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

What Hook is to the rugby pages, this guy is to the rest of the paper. A controversialist spouting b*%&!cks and rubbish shrouded in pretentiousness in order to get a rise out of people. Waters, Vincent Browne, Kevin Myers, they're all the same. Deep down I bet you he's loving the attention.

This did give me some hope for the future tho, maybe add this particular paragraph to the rave thread?
Mr Waters said he gave serious consideration to quitting journalism and is still considering leaving Ireland to work elsewhere
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009