for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

IanD
Official Mascot

Re: Friday's rant

Post by IanD »

Peg Leg wrote:Moron's out!
EDIT:
@IanD do you not find it more annoying that every thread is over populated with extreme negativity about the manager and anything he is trying to achieve is being twisted into some form of "reasoning" as to why he should step-down? Can you not see the humour in being facetious about the negativity?
No. I think it is a pain in the a$$ to click on a thread scroll down for a couple of pages to see the only new post is 'MOC Out' - or a variant - when the thread has nothing to do with it.

Dont get me wrong I am annoyed with all the cr@p about MOC - there is a thread for it so keep it there. I dont want the ott negativity or the ott positivity so I dont read that thread. I can see a point in discussing the managers performance in relation to a particular match etc but I dont see any point to the random insertion of MOC out or derivatives - funny once or twice but now IMO it adds nothing to the quality of the board.

Anyway this is not how the rant thread works - I dont have to justify anything to you. :twisted: :twisted:
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

IanD wrote:
EDIT:
@IanD do you not find it more annoying that every thread is over populated with extreme negativity about the manager and anything he is trying to achieve is being twisted into some form of "reasoning" as to why he should step-down? Can you not see the humour in being facetious about the negativity?
No. I think it is a pain in the a$$ to click on a thread scroll down for a couple of pages to see the only new post is 'MOC Out' - or a variant - when the thread has nothing to do with it.

Dont get me wrong I am annoyed with all the cr@p about MOC - there is a thread for it so keep it there. I dont want the ott negativity or the ott positivity so I dont read that thread. I can see a point in discussing the managers performance in relation to a particular match etc but I dont see any point to the random insertion of MOC out or derivatives - funny once or twice but now IMO it adds nothing to the quality of the board.

Anyway this is not how the rant thread works - I dont have to justify anything to you. :twisted: :twisted:
:lol: :clap:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Post by neilinboston »

Peg Leg wrote:
IanD wrote:
EDIT:

:lol: :clap:
moc out!
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Five week months. Broke.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Ming Flanagan potentially getting elected. He has never earned a days wage in his life and is a parasite on society.
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Genuine question, who is/are the better alternative in that constituency? And why?

I'm struggling to find the least worst candidate.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

the spoofer wrote:Ming Flanagan potentially getting elected. He has never earned a days wage in his life and is a parasite on society.
Better he's shipped off to Europe and lost in the ether over there than have him here 24/7/365.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Tony O'Reilly disputing & negotiating his debts with AIB. He may not be a billionaire anymore and he may have lost shed loads with Waterford, INM & other investments but you can be damn sure he's not broke & there are assets there to pay what he owes.
Get in the f%~king bag.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Slipper1 wrote:
the spoofer wrote:Ming Flanagan potentially getting elected. He has never earned a days wage in his life and is a parasite on society.
Better he's shipped off to Europe and lost in the ether over there than have him here 24/7/365.
Thats the thing. It appears that he wont take his seat and that the Garda whistleblower Wilson will get it.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Considering the likes of Luke "Ming" and Mick Wallace were elected to the Dail should tell you that sometimes democracy just doesn't work.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

TerenureJim wrote:
Considering the likes of Luke "Ming" and Mick Wallace were elected to the Dail should tell you that sometimes democracy just doesn't work.
Surely that would tell you the complete opposite?
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

simonno6 wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:
Some people think that democracy works only as long as the result is one they personally approve of.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

simonno6 wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:
It tells you that democracy works, but that it may not be an entirely efficient way of picking the people to run a country.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Yeah! You can't beat a good old dictator. They make the trains run on time and everyone does what they are told.

Few little niggles like death squads and torture and stuff but hey.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

the spoofer wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:
Thats the thing. It appears that he wont take his seat and that the Garda whistleblower Wilson will get it.
Really? I wasn't aware of this. Running for election when you've no intention of taking the seat if you win is ridiculous.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Unless you are in jail
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

TheBear wrote:
simonno6 wrote:
It tells you that democracy works, but that it may not be an entirely efficient way of picking the people to run a country.
It's incredibly efficient. Local man with mandate elected by his peers to represent them Nationally (and perhaps on a European level).

Beats career politicians forced down your throat by parties that all essentially stand for the same thing that are bound to a party line set by a centralised bunch of career politicians.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

simonno6 wrote:
TheBear wrote:
simonno6 wrote:
It's incredibly efficient. Local man with mandate elected by his peers to represent them Nationally (and perhaps on a European level).

Beats career politicians forced down your throat by parties that all essentially stand for the same thing that are bound to a party line set by a centralised bunch of career politicians.
Just think that there are millions of people around the world that would love to do what we are doing today, something we almost take for granted, and, shamefully, many don't even bother. I always think of those who fought for the right to allow me to vote, and those who have protected that freedom.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Absolutely - voter turnout is truly worthy of the Rant thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_voting ?
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

I always make sure to vote. The only problem is the calibre of the candidates, trying to pick someone worth voting for isn't easy.