Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Re: Friday's rant

Post by RoboProp »

Now an R2 unit has been sent to Washington DC, playing "Help me Barack Obama, you're my only hope"
Beyond farcical
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

RoboProp wrote:Now an R2 unit has been sent to Washington DC, playing "Help me Barack Obama, you're my only hope"
Beyond farcical
:lol: :happy clapper:
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Rear-ended a guy who stopped dead in front of me at the top of the M50 southbound on-ramp at Firhouse on Tuesday morning. Was doing about 20kmh; my seatbelt didn't even lock.

Got the damage assessment back there this afternoon, and the car is a write-off :( :( :(
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

honeyec wrote:Rear-ended a guy who stopped dead in front of me at the top of the M50 southbound on-ramp at Firhouse on Tuesday morning. Was doing about 20kmh; my seatbelt didn't even lock.

Got the damage assessment back there this afternoon, and the car is a write-off :( :( :(
Yours, his, or both?

Nowadays cars are designed to crumple in a collision and once bent can't be fixed.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

mfjoc wrote:
honeyec wrote:Rear-ended a guy who stopped dead in front of me at the top of the M50 southbound on-ramp at Firhouse on Tuesday morning. Was doing about 20kmh; my seatbelt didn't even lock.

Yours, his, or both?

Nowadays cars are designed to crumple in a collision and once bent can't be fixed.
I'd be more worried that my seatbelt failed to lock even at 20 kmh.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

mfjoc wrote:

Yours, his, or both?

Mine.

And yes, they can be fixed once the chassis isn't damaged, which mine isn't. It's an economic write-off.
domhnallj wrote:I'd be more worried that my seatbelt failed to lock even at 20 kmh.
Should have been more specific - it locked at the shoulder point but the pretensioners didn't even kick in; it was so low-impact. I drove the car home and then down to the body shop, like.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

honeyec wrote:
mfjoc wrote:

Yours, his, or both?

Mine.

And yes, they can be fixed once the chassis isn't damaged, which mine isn't. It's an economic write-off.

domhnallj wrote:I'd be more worried that my seatbelt failed to lock even at 20 kmh.
Should have been more specific - it locked at the shoulder point but the pretensioners didn't even kick in; it was so low-impact. I drove the car home and then down to the body shop, like.
All you have to now is site and wait for the insurance claims to come in
I presume the guy you hit will suffer from soft tissue injuries that will destroy his life etc etc
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

The main thing to worry about is your own health.
Although less likely you may well have whip lash too.
Some of the symptoms can be:-
1. Head ache.
2. Neck pain.
3. Lower back pain - yes lower back pain.

Get yourself checked out.
Irish doctor's aren't great on this stuff but I'd go to a physio but he/she has to be somebody who is on the ball with this sort of stuff.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

City Bike riders - almost all of you.

Please learn something, even just one thing, about how to use the road properly. Thanks!
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Hippo wrote:City Bike riders - almost all of you.

Please learn something, even just one thing, about how to use the road properly. Thanks!
Not saying that I let them deliberately run into me on paths or that I walk into them when they break lights at pedestrian crossings. Only that accidents can happen
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

RoboProp wrote:
Hippo wrote:City Bike riders - almost all of you.

Not saying that I let them deliberately run into me on paths or that I walk into them when they break lights at pedestrian crossings. Only that accidents can happen
I had one try to cycle straight through me this morning just as I started to cross the road because he wanted to cycle the wrong way up a one way road before the traffic started again.

He shot me back a glare as he headed off straight up the middle of a two-lane one way road in the wrong direction, like I was the one in the wrong :roll:
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

The concept of the public roads being a shared space is alien to pedestrians/bike users/motorists in equal measure.

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

domhnallj wrote:The concept of the public roads being a shared space is alien to pedestrians/bike users/motorists in equal measure.
They're for whatever I'm doing at the time and curses on anyone doing anything else!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Peg Leg wrote:
domhnallj wrote:The concept of the public roads being a shared space is alien to pedestrians/bike users/motorists in equal measure.
They're for whatever I'm doing at the time and curses on anyone doing anything else!
Alls I knows new is I pity the cyclist on the footpath who goes barrelling towards a heavily pregnant Lady RP. Let's just say the inner Terry Tate is embraced
:twisted:
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

RoboProp wrote:
Alls I knows new is I pity the cyclist on the footpath who goes barrelling towards a heavily pregnant Lady RP. Let's just say the inner Terry Tate is embraced
I did not know you were a knight of the realm :)

RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

domhnallj wrote:
RoboProp wrote:
I did not know you were a knight of the realm :)
I have been known to sit on a throne! :lol:
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

RoboProp wrote: I have been known to sit on a throne! :lol:
Roboprop for making people visualise him taking a dump

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

domhnallj wrote:
It's the "throne" I feel sorry for!
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Donny B. wrote:
domhnallj wrote:
It's the "throne" I feel sorry for!
Well, when you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die :D
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

The Garth Brooks debacle, I blame it all on his roots......
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am