Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

nc6000
Mullet

Re: Friday's rant

Post by nc6000 »

Peg Leg wrote:FUCK1NG BUCKETS OF ICE, GET FUCK1NG OVER IT..... and give me back my normal news feeds.
And they're not even mentioning the charity it is supposed to be raising money for or telling people how to make a donation.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Peg Leg wrote:FUCK1NG BUCKETS OF ICE, GET FUCK1NG OVER IT..... and give me back my normal news feeds.
+1 fecking sick of this shite

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/0 ... challenge/

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/0 ... challenge/
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Leinsterman wrote:We might keep this going every week.
Today's one:
Newstalk ad: "I want to tell you about a little girl called Mariama"

At this stage I couldn't give a f*ck if she has to walk 7 miles every day to get water. Talk about overkill. The ad is on several times an hour!
Still, at least it isn't an ad for GOAL :roll:
I wonder what ever happened to Mariama - Perhaps She might find the buckets of Ice useful.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

No one will think they're big and clever when the water charges come in will they?
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Getting the train to Killarney tomorrow, cycling the ring of Kerry then back home to Dublin over 8 days...

Dropped my bike in for a service on Tuesday to ensure it would be well done and ready for my 7am train tomorrow morning.

Just got a call to say something has snapped and they won't be able to get a replacement til Monday.... FAAACCCCKK.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

enjoyed this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VgO-K7z ... e=youtu.be
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

simonno6 wrote:Getting the train to Killarney tomorrow, cycling the ring of Kerry then back home to Dublin over 8 days...

Dropped my bike in for a service on Tuesday to ensure it would be well done and ready for my 7am train tomorrow morning.

Just got a call to say something has snapped and they won't be able to get a replacement til Monday.... FAAACCCCKK.
I know you're just ranting and my sympathy is irrelevant but: AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHH! That is fuckered.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

fourthirtythree wrote:
simonno6 wrote:Getting the train to Killarney tomorrow, cycling the ring of Kerry then back home to Dublin over 8 days...

I know you're just ranting and my sympathy is irrelevant but: AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHH! That is fuckered.
Man it was a stressful evening ringing around bike shops looking for a new hanger that just didn't seem to be out there...

Thankfully they took pity on me and gave me a loan of a brand new trek 1.2. Not quite the same feel as my bike but not a bad one by any stretch of the imagination! Roll on self inflicted pain! :-)

The hanger was badly bent and the guy was just trying to fix it, not his fault, and they did all in their power to help me out. Exactly how a LBS should be run. (thinkbike Rathmines)

So I guess this has turned into a Rave of some sort? :D
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Uhm, not sure if this is the best time to mention the rail strike this weekend?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

"It's not the despair that kills you. It's the hope."
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Aww, I hadn't realised I was on 1234 posts :(
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

I have to say you totally spooked the shite out of me with that comment Amz :). Thankfully on the train now, traveling tomorrow would have been a nightmare!!
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Glad it was an unwarranted fear! Thought it started today.

Enjoy the spin!

Derailleur hangers are a pain in the ass to replace, so glad you got sorted with a loaner!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Lottie Ryan,

Googled and found out that she's Gerry Ryans daughter. Now I know how she got the 2FM gig.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

Finding out this week that two of my friends, both in their early thirties, have cancer. It affects a huge number of people, both directly and indirectly, and it's the type of illness that doesn't discriminate between young and old.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

TheBear wrote:Finding out this week that two of my friends, both in their early thirties, have cancer. It affects a huge number of people, both directly and indirectly, and it's the type of illness that doesn't discriminate between young and old.
Sorry to hear that.

My first experience with it was a team mate of mine on an underage football team.
I've since had my mother and father-in-law. Its a horrible illness and every family gets touched by it in some way.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

the spoofer wrote:Lottie Ryan,

Googled and found out that she's Gerry Ryans daughter. Now I know how she got the 2FM gig.
You can't swing a cat in Montrose without hitting some talentless chuckle head who is related to some other talentless chuckle head
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Like and share comps on Facebook.

If you have your privacy settings locked up they can't tell you've done it plus they clog newsfeeds!

A lazy way to try and get page followers up.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

sheepshagger wrote:Like and share comps on Facebook.

If you have your privacy settings locked up they can't tell you've done it plus they clog newsfeeds!

A lazy way to try and get page followers up.
plus it's always Apple. or Tesco. The little full stop means that it is not even the legitimate company running the "comp"
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

My partner's family have organised a do, for the night of the Munster game, in Lansdowne Rd. So disappointed not to be going, but can't get out of the thing.

It may be a deal breaker if we don't at least get to watch it on TV.