Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Friday's rant

Post by johng »

My wife has organised to have a very significant birthday that week which will see us watching it in a pub out foreign. 3rd home game I will have missed in 7 years. The other 2 were family also.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Seriously concerned about where Irish Water got its information to send out the packs. There was documentation sent to my wife that would appear to come from local property tax files as its the only database that could have that information. They then sent out a letter saying that it was sent to her in error but that this wasn't a Data protection breach.

It's fairly clear that they got this information from The Revenue. Is it really appropriate that the Revenue Commissioners is sharing information with a company providing water?
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

DP
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

the spoofer wrote:Seriously concerned about where Irish Water got its information to send out the packs. There was documentation sent to my wife that would appear to come from local property tax files as its the only database that could have that information. They then sent out a letter saying that it was sent to her in error but that this wasn't a Data protection breach.

It's fairly clear that they got this information from The Revenue. Is it really appropriate that the Revenue Commissioners is sharing information with a company providing water?
Depends on whether the water bill is a tax? I suspect that it isn't since Irish Water is a company and not part of a government department. Our learned friends are probably ordering the latest Merc and BMW brochures in anticipation.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

domhnallj wrote:
the spoofer wrote:Seriously concerned about where Irish Water got its information to send out the packs. There was documentation sent to my wife that would appear to come from local property tax files as its the only database that could have that information. They then sent out a letter saying that it was sent to her in error but that this wasn't a Data protection breach.

Depends on whether the water bill is a tax? I suspect that it isn't since Irish Water is a company and not part of a government department. Our learned friends are probably ordering the latest Merc and BMW brochures in anticipation.
I wouldn't bother. Irish Water is established by statute, so while it isn't part of a government department...basically there will be no serious legal challenge to its status.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

I actually got a different impression. My property tax is under the "correct version" of my address. There is an old version of the estate's name from when it was built that was on the Bord Gais records (and presumably elsewhere) and they wouldn't let us change it because that is the property's official identifier, even though it is technically not the name of the place now. The fact that the Irish Water application came through to me with the old version of the address suggested to me they were picking up the property from somewhere other than the property tax register, which I specifically set up with the address as it is now.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Colleagues on maternity leave who bring their spawn into the office can FRO.

She's been here for over an hour now. It's not a bleedin' crèche, go the f%~k home!
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

honeyec wrote:Colleagues on maternity leave who bring their spawn into the office can FRO.

She's been here for over an hour now. It's not a bleedin' crèche, go the f%~k home!
I'm so glad it's not just me who gets baby rage like that.

With some of them it's like they think they're the first person ever to have a baby as well.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

Vamos los azules wrote:
honeyec wrote:Colleagues on maternity leave who bring their spawn into the office can FRO.

I'm so glad it's not just me who gets baby rage like that.

With some of them it's like they think they're the first person ever to have a baby as well.
It wrecks my head too. I generally get some filthy looks for being the only woman not cooing and threatening to lactate whenever they bring in their bundles of joy.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Youse lot are gonna drive women out of the workplace and back into the kitchen!
Dinosaurs!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Back in the gym after a 2 month layoff after being in a Road Traffic Accident. I start my warm up on one of the 2 free benches and some bloke starts as if to take the weight off of the bar. He asks "are you done? !" I may have replied "what the f**k does it look like? " The chap then asked me to be polite and was promptly told "why don't you observe before you engage someone" There was another free bench which he then started to use. Idiot f#*ks should learn proper gym etiquette. Granted I could have been calmer but I was really looking forward to just cracking at it again without interruptions from chuckling dunderheads
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

RoboProp wrote:Back in the gym after a 2 month layoff after being in a Road Traffic Accident. I start my warm up on one of the 2 free benches and some bloke starts as if to take the weight off of the bar. He asks "are you done? !" I may have replied "what the f**k does it look like? " The chap then asked me to be polite and was promptly told "why don't you observe before you engage someone" There was another free bench which he then started to use. Idiot f#*ks should learn proper gym etiquette. Granted I could have been calmer but I was really looking forward to just cracking at it again without interruptions from chuckling dunderheads
It's the roids.
RavenhillRaider
Knowledgeable

Post by RavenhillRaider »

RoboProp wrote:Back in the gym after a 2 month layoff after being in a Road Traffic Accident. I start my warm up on one of the 2 free benches and some bloke starts as if to take the weight off of the bar. He asks "are you done? !" I may have replied "what the f**k does it look like? " The chap then asked me to be polite and was promptly told "why don't you observe before you engage someone" There was another free bench which he then started to use. Idiot f#*ks should learn proper gym etiquette. Granted I could have been calmer but I was really looking forward to just cracking at it again without interruptions from chuckling dunderheads
+1

I hate getting interupted by stupid people, when all i want to do is focus on my lift.
BOD is GOD!
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

RavenhillRaider wrote:
+1

I hate getting interupted by stupid people, when all i want to do is focus on my lift.
Do ye boys not need someone to spot ye?
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Avenger wrote:
Only when I'm getting a few selfies in.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Avenger wrote:
RavenhillRaider wrote:
+1

Rarely. Depends on what I'm lifting. It motivates some people to have a training partner. I prefer to lash the headphones on and have at it. If I'm going for PB or failure I sometimes ask a mate to spot me for that....and then they must leave or it risks becoming a knitting circle :-D
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

RoboProp wrote:
Avenger wrote: Do ye boys not need someone to spot ye?
Rarely. Depends on what I'm lifting. It motivates some people to have a training partner. I prefer to lash the headphones on and have at it. If I'm going for PB or failure I sometimes ask a mate to spot me for that....and then they must leave or it risks becoming a knitting circle :-D
What sort of weight are we talking here?
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Picture a barbell with Mike Ross on one end and Mary Moore on the other.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

johng wrote:Picture a barbell with Mike Ross on one end and Mary Moore on the other.
I have Bumbleflex
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Avenger wrote:
RoboProp wrote:
Avenger wrote: Do ye boys not need someone to spot ye?
What sort of weight are we talking here?
Usually anything over 145kg on bench and I'll ask for a spot. I think I just have a mental barrier with 150. Better safe than sorry. I rarely go above 140 these days as my body aint as willing as it once was :-(