Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Friday's rant

Post by domhnallj »

I feeling so ranty I can't even rant
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

The remain campaign was shambolic, Corbyn and Labour were marked absent on this one and if anyone should ship the blame* it's them.

I'm in neither Ireland nor the UK, and despite being surrounded by a lot of remain Brits, most of the campaigning I saw online was for leave.

But good luck to them, they've made their bed now. Just hope it wont f%~k up our economy

*If blame can be attributed in a referendum, which I suppose it cant really.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

tate wrote:The remain campaign was shambolic, Corbyn and Labour were marked absent on this one and if anyone should ship the blame* it's them.

I'm in neither Ireland nor the UK, and despite being surrounded by a lot of remain Brits, most of the campaigning I saw online was for leave.

But good luck to them, they've made their bed now. Just hope it wont f%~k up our economy

*If blame can be attributed in a referendum, which I suppose it cant really.
You won't be heading across the pond to vote Trump then?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

60 years of European integration could go down the toilet. And if I see N Farage's stupid face once more....
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Hippo wrote:60 years of European integration could go down the toilet. And if I see N Farage's stupid face once more....
The idea that a guy who lost his seat last year could celebrate this result when the markets are in meltdown is just incredible.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Hippo wrote:60 years of European integration could go down the toilet. And if I see N Farage's stupid face once more....
The idea that a guy who lost his seat last year could celebrate this result when the markets are in meltdown is just incredible.
He never had a seat to lose in London, he's never held position as an MP. I have literally no idea why anyone pays attention to this spiv.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Whoops, apologies.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Nicola Sturgeon has shown her hand as a political genius.

By officially supporting a campaign she could see was 50/50 and writing the SNPs maifesto such that a brexit would alienate most of Scotland she will get another independence referendum and she will win.
She has already announced she will legislate for said referendum. (whether the UK recognises the result is a different story)

Bet Cameron is wishing he never thought of a referendum no one was really calling for!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

kermischocolate wrote:Nicola Sturgeon has shown her hand as a political genius.

By officially supporting a campaign she could see was 50/50 and writing the SNPs maifesto such that a brexit would alienate most of Scotland she will get another independence referendum and she will win.
She has already announced she will legislate for said referendum. (whether the UK recognises the result is a different story)

Bet Cameron is wishing he never thought of a referendum no one was really calling for!
Bet the SNP wishes they'd held off a couple of years on the first Scottish referendum
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Peg Leg wrote:You won't be heading across the pond to vote Trump then?
haha, no. the idea that the failure of a businessman like him will lead the USA is worse than Farrage and his nitwits winning.

This was a triumph for Little Englanders. A real case of "fog in the Channel, Continent cut off".

As for the lick spittles in Wales, that was a remarkable result. Before the results came in I would have bet on Scotland, NI, Wales and London voting stay. How they think they will be better off with Westminster and the Tories deciding their fate and funding is incomprehensible to me. But again, their decision, their vote. What does it matter what I think as someone who will never live there.

What will become of UKIP now? They got hammered at the polls in the last GE, they're raison d'etre is done. Swing further right and stop the migration from the colonies? Which I suspect is a bigger issue for them than Polish and Hungarian lads working on building sites
Last edited by tate on June 24th, 2016, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

He's unbearable, he identified flaws and instead of trying to fix them abused them for his on political and financial gain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5VDbu-HLMs
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

kermischocolate wrote:Bet Cameron is wishing he never thought of a referendum no one was really calling for!
People have been calling for a referendum for years. The fact it was promised was probably the reason the Conservatives won the last election. The rise of UKIP since the denial by Labour of allowing a democratic vote on EU treaty change (despite saying they would) has shown the appetite for a referendum. Just because we don't agree with the result doesn't mean it isn't democratic, and doesn't mean it wasn't wanted. It was, and has been for a long time, and earlier referendums would have meant a different result.
Anyone But New Zealand
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

You literally couldn't make this sh!t up, basically all the areas that benefitted from structural funds from Europe voted leave. Now the penny has dropped and they are realising how f%~ked they are, here's one sob story...

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/upd ... exit-vote/

kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

FLIP wrote:
kermischocolate wrote:Bet Cameron is wishing he never thought of a referendum no one was really calling for!
People have been calling for a referendum for years. The fact it was promised was probably the reason the Conservatives won the last election. The rise of UKIP since the denial by Labour of allowing a democratic vote on EU treaty change (despite saying they would) has shown the appetite for a referendum. Just because we don't agree with the result doesn't mean it isn't democratic, and doesn't mean it wasn't wanted. It was, and has been for a long time, and earlier referendums would have meant a different result.
Hmmm. Having lived in the great land of GB for the last 16 years never once have I heard anyone wanting referendums about Europe.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

kermischocolate wrote:Nicola Sturgeon has shown her hand as a political genius.

One of the contributing reasons they rejected the referendum was they were told that if they left the UK they would be out of the EU too. Now they've been pulled out when every district voted stay so they should hold the second referendum.

FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

kermischocolate wrote:
FLIP wrote:
Hmmm. Having lived in the great land of GB for the last 16 years never once have I heard anyone wanting referendums about Europe.
Probably because you're in Scotland - having been based in the South East/Midlands for 29 years I've heard lots about people wanting it.
Anyone But New Zealand
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

FLIP wrote:
Probably because you're in Scotland - having been based in the South East/Midlands for 29 years I've heard lots about people wanting it.
Hope things work out for you Flip
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Question, does anyone else think that if they make noises at rejoining in the future that the rest of Europe could have a referendum to see if we want them?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:Question, does anyone else think that if they make noises at rejoining in the future that the rest of Europe could have a referendum to see if we want them?
Obviously, like the last vote when we all voted to accept Turkey
Daniel Sullivan
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:Question, does anyone else think that if they make noises at rejoining in the future that the rest of Europe could have a referendum to see if we want them?
they'll only be allowed back in with a unanimous vote - but i dont know how that vote would be worked, i presume individual countries run a referendum and then 1 country 1 vote