Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Friday's rant

Post by johng »

Broken Wing wrote:
honeyec wrote:The cheap diesel place in Ballymount closing. It will be sorely missed...
I wonder is this in anyway related to the raid a little over a week ago by customs officers and gardaí of 10 filling stations in Dublin, Louth & Galway in connection with a suspected fuel smuggling/diesel laundering operation.
Our office is in Ballymount, and none of the diesel drivers were brave enough to try it.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

johng wrote:
Broken Wing wrote:
honeyec wrote:The cheap diesel place in Ballymount closing. It will be sorely missed...
I wonder is this in anyway related to the raid a little over a week ago by customs officers and gardaí of 10 filling stations in Dublin, Louth & Galway in connection with a suspected fuel smuggling/diesel laundering operation.
Our office is in Ballymount, and none of the diesel drivers were brave enough to try it.
I used it once but felt it didn't last as well as diesel bought in other garages so never bothered going back
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Xanthippe wrote:
johng wrote:
I used it once but felt it didn't last as well as diesel bought in other garages so never bothered going back
I filled up there a couple of times with no issues, and I watch my fuel economy like a hawk.

I think they just ran out of diesel, apparently a lot of these "city fuel" places are old haulage depots with fuel left in the tanks and once it's gone, it's gone.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

The irish Times wrote:An Post 'regrets' delivery blunder

An Post issued an apology today to a man after one of its staff was caught on film delivering a docket saying a package could not be delivered without bringing the parcel to the door first.

In the footage, which was posted on the Boards.ie website yesterday but subsequently removed, an An Post worker is seen delivering its familiar “Sorry We Missed You” docket without attempting to first deliver the package.

An Post spokesman Angus Laverty today apologised to the customer, saying the incident should not have happened and was unacceptable.

“The video detail is very clear and speaks for itself. There are clear operational guidelines for the delivery of mail, and the handling of non-deliverable items.”

“We take this incident very seriously and we want to ensure that it does not happen again,” he added.

An Post’s guidelines stipulate that staff must bring packages to the door to ascertain if the addressee is at home before delivering a so-called “docket in box” form which directs the customer to pick up the package at the nearest An Post sorting office.
Delighted someone has been caught at this, happens a lot.
A proud Winsome Fluter
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

johng wrote:
Broken Wing wrote:
According to people in the know, it was cleaned diesel. How they thought they could get away with selling it so cheap and the Guards not noticing is another story
simplythebest
Enlightened

Post by simplythebest »

People who regurgitate catchy sayings and thoughts dating from 100 to 2000 years ago, on their Facebook wall. You're not a freeking philosopher. You're not Democrates and nor are you Jean Paul Sarte. Say something interesting and original for a change. :twisted:
LEINSTER pour toujours
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

UPC.

Their little stunt on my latest bill is to charge me for the TV services for my 30 day notice period, which is fair enough, but on the very same bill to charge me a broadband standalone charge from the date I gave my notice. How can the broadband be standalone when you are charging me for TV??

I've a good mind to cancel the broadband now just to be rid of them completely.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Ryanair ....................B$%^tards , only their Payment passport thingy does not get charge with their admin fee. Dublin can fck off at those prices :-(
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

simplythebest wrote: Say something interesting and original for a change. :twisted:
Like totes mcgoats lolers
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Leinster Exile wrote:Ryanair ....................B$%^tards , only their Payment passport thingy does not get charge with their admin fee. Dublin can fck off at those prices :-(
I used a prepaid mastercard earlier today - no admin charge.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I can't stand Paul Kimmage. In fairness he can come up with some interesting interviews but the style is always the same and there's an almost childlike formula to it " It's a Wednesday...it's raining...he's looking out the window as he sips a coffee and thinks about his opponent" and then the last line is "but he'll still begin tomorrow with a coffee and thinking about his opponent". It drives me mad! He also sticks with the same line of questioning throughout i.e. if someone is known for being intense that's all that gets spoken about but then he rounds off with a question that's completely unrelated and a bit more jovial. "You've a weakness for jaffa cakes havn't you?""ha yeah". Don't know why but reading his interviews makes me irrationally angry.

However, they're not even the reasons why I really can't stand him and perhaps the following is what puts the other things in such a negative light for me. He constantly goes on about how he's blown the lid on drugs in cycling but says that he doesn't want to go on about it and that he's no hero...but he did say it...and people told him not to...he was threatened...but he still did it...he didn't care if he'd be ostracised for it...but he was and it annoys him. "Yeah Leinster won the heineken cup and there's a book about it...which reminds me that I wrote a book about drugs in cycling...but nows not the time to talk about it...and I really was very brave...but I'm not a hero and don't want to talk about it."

I've a feeling nobody will agree with me but it drives me insane!!
I nearly bumped into him (literally) at the bottom of Grafton st earlier and had a strange feeling of guilt as regards what I'd written on here! It's really not a nice sensation when the internet mixes with the real world.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

deco wrote:
Leinster Exile wrote:Ryanair ....................B$%^tards , only their Payment passport thingy does not get charge with their admin fee. Dublin can fck off at those prices :-(
Prepaid MC is no longer a free option for those in the UK.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

The ipad3 not being out in time for Christmas / the Apple black Friday sale this week :(
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

deco wrote:
Edit *** Would help if I read all the posts. I'm so angry its untrue. Cheap flights almost the same cost as the effing ferry now
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Laziness - fooking can't stand it.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

sheepshagger wrote:Laziness - fooking can't stand it.
You misspelled focking. Very lazy of you ;)
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Heading to an exam where you just haven't had time to cover the material and properly prepare due to a dangerous mixture of lazyness, work and other commitments. Sigh.
West Brit
Mullet

Post by West Brit »

Media/public reaction to POM's try for Munster on the weekend.

All the defenders covered the supporting players and forgot to tackle him. He didn't show pace, great determination or brilliant awareness of the situation (as claimed by the media and therefore parroted by the public). He just ran in a straight line at an average pace for a backrower and nobody tackled him. Can people not just score soft tries these days or does every try have to be brilliant in some way?
Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

West Brit wrote:Media/public reaction to POM's try for Munster on the weekend.

All the defenders covered the supporting players and forgot to tackle him. He didn't show pace, great determination or brilliant awareness of the situation (as claimed by the media and therefore parroted by the public). He just ran in a straight line at an average pace for a backrower and nobody tackled him. Can people not just score soft tries these days or does every try have to be brilliant in some way?
Yup, journo's seem to be looking for something, anything, to keep the Munster bandwagon rolling. Maybe they think it sells papers/listenership.

A chringeworthy piece on Sport at Seven (aired at 6:30 ffs) on a book about THE HISTORY OF MUNSTER RUGBY - written by a fan. Not a mention Leo's book - the current Leinster captain;

This morning an interview with a triumphant TG4 guy and talk of nick naming drop goals as "a Rog"

They can build them up all they like, but they are doing Munster and Irish Rugby no favours if they ignore the problems down south.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Alan Quinlan hoaring himself around various areas of the media...the latest being the Irish Times with his new weekly column.