Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Mackman15
Mullet

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Mackman15 »

Skinfull wrote:My mum has just been given a diagnosis of the Big C. The have given her 1 year with treatment and only mere weeks without. Shocked, distraught and lost at the thought. :(
Everything is relative.
Tough, tough news for a family.
I hope peace and comfort can be found for you all.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Skinfull wrote:My mum has just been given a diagnosis of the Big C. The have given her 1 year with treatment and only mere weeks without. Shocked, distraught and lost at the thought. :(
Everything is relative.

So sorry to hear this Skinfull
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Everything is relative.
sh!t news Skinfull. Sorry to hear that dude
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Everything is relative.
Fook, sorry to hear that...you are right, something like that puts things into perspective.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Everything is relative.
Really sorry to hear that.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Everything is relative.
Stunned to read this, my thoughts are with you and yours.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Everything is relative.
Jesus, so sorry Skinfull! :(
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

England's white numbers on their white jersies. Hard enough to make out already, say it will be near impossible on a muddy day. Yet another reason why designers should be kept away from rugby jersies.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Donny B. wrote:England's white numbers on their white jersies. Hard enough to make out already, say it will be near impossible on a muddy day. Yet another reason why designers should be kept away from rugby jersies.
+1 I'd imagine that some rule will be brought in if TV companies cop on and complain
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Donny B. wrote:England's white numbers on their white jersies. Hard enough to make out already, say it will be near impossible on a muddy day. Yet another reason why designers should be kept away from rugby jersies.

You think the numbers near invisibility isn't deliberate?
I have Bumbleflex
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Dave Cahill wrote:

Like making Ritchie McCaw captain so he never gets yellow carded? Where's Woodward & Bernstein when you need them, wait a sec Woodward? We're through the looking glass here people
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

eircom internet. Randomly disconnecting, failing to connect to something called a DSL and generally being infuriating and slow.

w&%kers
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Dave Cahill wrote:

Good point. Makes it harder for officials to identify players too. Shouldn't be allowed.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Going down to get the bike out of the garage to head to work and seeing that a slow puncture kicked in over the weekend.
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Some little toe-rag leaving a house party down the road last night broke the mirror off my brother's car. My brother's quite ill at the moment and doesn't need that stress. Not the biggest thing in the world, I know, but it makes me angry that scumbag friends of a neighbour will do that kind of petty thing.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Hearing Lar Corbett's name mentioned every half a minute on radio/TV/in the newspaper. I don't have a problem with the guy, he's an awesome hurler, but the hype gets pretty focking tiring. Particularly when I'm a Kilkenny fan. :?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

sid wrote:Hearing Lar Corbett's name mentioned every half a minute on radio/TV/in the newspaper. I don't have a problem with the guy, he's an awesome hurler, but the hype gets pretty focking tiring. Particularly when I'm a Kilkenny fan. :?
funny how you never complained about them going on about Henry Shefflin :lol:
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Damn. I was afraid someone would pick up on that. :lol:
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

At least address him by his correct title, "King" Henry Shefflin ;)
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

sid wrote:Hearing Lar Corbett's name mentioned every half a minute on radio/TV/in the newspaper. I don't have a problem with the guy, he's an awesome hurler, but the hype gets pretty focking tiring. Particularly when I'm a Kilkenny fan. :?
Agree, all those Guinness Hurling ads are dreadful, sycophantic, cringworthy dribble. Milking Cows, while hitting a sliotar up against the gable wall, and talking about some Junior B Hurling match after mass ... 1950s Ireland at its worst.

Thank fcuk its nearly September & the real season is just about to start.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty