Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

simplythebest
Enlightened

Re: Friday's rant

Post by simplythebest »

johng wrote:Plus you don't have to fly Ryanair. :) Not knocking what they have done to create cheap flights, but they ALWAYS make you feel as cheap as possible. Sometimes for no reason other than they can.
NO. It's quite simple really. "Good" service costs money to provide. Period, as a septic tank would say. Ryanair have conclusively proved that in the Airline industry, while everyone wants "Good" customer service, no-one's willing to pay for it. (As an aside, all Business Studies students should be made to study the lessions from Ryanair and Aer Lingus).
So if you want half wit smiles, the infamous cup of tea and whatever other pandering's on offer, go fly one of the premium brand names, BA, Air france, SAS etc, etc and pay for it. You pays your money, and you takes your choice.
LEINSTER pour toujours
simplythebest
Enlightened

Post by simplythebest »

simplythebest wrote:
johng wrote:Plus you don't have to fly Ryanair. :) Not knocking what they have done to create cheap flights, but they ALWAYS make you feel as cheap as possible. Sometimes for no reason other than they can.
NO. It's quite simple really. "Good" service costs money to provide. Period, as a septic tank would say. Ryanair have conclusively proved that in the Airline industry, while everyone wants "Good" customer service, no-one's willing to pay for it. (As an aside, all Business Studies students should be made to study the lessons from Ryanair and Aer Lingus).
So if you want half wit smiles, the infamous cup of tea and whatever other pandering's on offer, go fly one of the premium brand names, BA, Air france, SAS etc, etc and pay for it. You pays your money, and you takes your choice.
LEINSTER pour toujours
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Dodgy chinese food and what it does to you after you've eaten it! :evil:
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

simplythebest wrote:
NO. It's quite simple really. "Good" service costs money to provide. Period, as a septic tank would say. Ryanair have conclusively proved that in the Airline industry, while everyone wants "Good" customer service, no-one's willing to pay for it. (As an aside, all Business Studies students should be made to study the lessons from Ryanair and Aer Lingus).
A smile is free. Half wit or otherwise. It is possible to provide low cost service without rubbing people's noses in it.

Personally I would always fly Ryanair AFTER I have checked all other possibilities. You would be surprised how many times they are either not the cheapest, or are not cheap enough to make me chose them over someone else.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

johng wrote:
simplythebest wrote:
A smile is free. Half wit or otherwise. It is possible to provide low cost service without rubbing people's noses in it.

Personally I would always fly Ryanair AFTER I have checked all other possibilities. You would be surprised how many times they are either not the cheapest, or are not cheap enough to make me chose them over someone else.
The Ryanair model was taken wholesale from SouthWestern in the US - the essential point is single airplane fleets to reduce costs. SouthWestern prides itself on being a family airline and it has the highest union membership of any airline in the US. It still manages to be cheap.

Ryanair's genius was to add in surly incompetent service, sneering lying ads, discomfort and awkward destinations and times as a norm in order to persuade you that the flight was cheaper than it was (sure it's cheap: if you fly when they want to where they want. I sometimes want to fly to the place I want to go, and on a Saturday rather than a Thursday so that I don't have to take two extra days off work and spend a fortune on getting to where I want), and, crucially, massive state and EU subsidies so they can live off the taxpayer.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Jim Corr. That is all.
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

What's he done now?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Amz wrote:What's he done now?
Where would you start:
Jim Corr wrote:A "False Flag Operation" comes from when a ship would fly the flag of another foreign country on it's mast, carry out a terrorist attack, then that attack would get blamed on the foreign country whose flag was being flown.

Notable past False flag operations were...

The Reichstag fire...
The Gulf of Tonkin incident...
The attack on the USS Liberty...
The proposed "Operation Northwoods"...

It is becoming established that 9/11 was another false flag operation carried out by the Intelligence services at the behest of the very organised global elite.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

"Nama Defends Payment of Salaries to Developers":- http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... ing14.html

I have done my best to avoid the populist rancour with regard to many of the issues arising from the State's economic collapse, but I simply cannot abide the notion of paying certain scumbag developers €200,000 plus per annum to, in effect, attempt to salvage their catastrophic investments. The suggestion that these guys, almost all of whom were guilty of ignorant and wild speculation, have the expertise and nous to obtain the best return for the State is beyond a joke.

There are plenty of young, smart Irish entrepreneurs around who resisted the temptation to jump on the property bandwagon. Many of these individuals have succeeded in growing and developing their businesses in the face of the recession. The following article from the Sunday Independent contains a profile of just a few of them:- http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 25310.html I am sure that, if approached in the right manner, several of this group would be happy to earn a base salary of €200,000 plus per annum and do some service for their country at the same time.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Peg Leg wrote:
Where would you start:
Jim Corr wrote:A "False Flag Operation" comes from when a ship would fly the flag of another foreign country on it's mast, carry out a terrorist attack, then that attack would get blamed on the foreign country whose flag was being flown.

The Reichstag fire...

It is becoming established that 9/11 was another false flag operation carried out by the Intelligence services at the behest of the very organised global elite.
Sorry but someone needs to actually have him committed, I'm all for free speech and will defend anyone who wants it even if I don't agree with them but this 9/11 nonsense from Jim Corr is of an ilk with holocaust denial. It's just plain wrong.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

TerenureJim wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
Where would you start:

The Reichstag fire...

Sorry but someone needs to actually have him committed, I'm all for free speech and will defend anyone who wants it even if I don't agree with them but this 9/11 nonsense from Jim Corr is of an ilk with holocaust denial. It's just plain wrong.
I'd like to commit Jack Johnnson and Tom O'Leary right into his word hole!
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

RoboProp wrote:Jim Corr. That is all.
He is the epitome of the phrase 'batshit mental'! I'll never forget his appearance on the Late Late last year, what a complete loop-the-loop! Then again I'm one of the underground elite(We meet the 3rd Wednesday of every month btw Jim, follow us on twitter to find out where) imposing this secret world order so I would say that.

My rant is being stuck in london(where they dont give a cr@p about sport apart from a bunch of street urchins from eastern europe, africa and south america playing roundgame for the legitimate fronts of mid-east and asian shelf-companies or rounders) and having to watch the RWC on ITV player. Steve Ryder and Lawrence Dallaglio saying that NZ staging this world cup means as much as SA staging it in '95 made me pine for the Hook&Mcguirk Show bigtime!
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

So eh, Leo T. Lion had a good game tonight ;)
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Amz wrote:So eh, Leo T. Lion had a good game tonight ;)
Yea, wtf! Bad error, even on our own kick.
Get in the f%~king bag.
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Slipper1 wrote:
What happened?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

BlueArmyOriginal wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:
What happened?
Gobchyte started banging his drum just as Isa was running at a kick. Isa hit the post.

Red card for new Leo. He looked half interested anyway. Not up to any of the previous Leos' standards. Bring back Iano!
Mika
Bookworm

Post by Mika »

It also looked like his head was hanging off as well must of scared the kids half to death :-)
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Mika wrote:It also looked like his head was hanging off as well must of scared the kids half to death :-)
He looked a bit more tanned than I remember and is the gun-show a thing of the past?
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Tom McGuirk- On Friday he was asking what an offload was and why you do it. Asked if Tuliagi only had pace and agility and put a question mark over his ability to field high balls at which point Wallace had to explain that it's mainly the back three that field high balls. It'd be nice if he allowed the pundits to finish their thoughts too. Disgraceful stuff.

Hugh Cahill- In fairness he does his research as regards the background of the teams he's watching but it seems completely out of place whenever he brings it up in a match. Someobody will make a break and he'll start talking about how rugby is developing in that country. Has no actual knowledge of what goes on in a rugby match.

Hook- Called for O'Malley to be ahead of Paddy Wallace for a squad place. There's too many issues with that statement to even start going into.

I'm fairly sure that none of the above actually watch rugby aside from the matches they're working on and just bluff their way through it.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

ignore
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.