Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Scott »

Knowing i wont be getting up to watch Ireland in a world cup semi :cry:
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Knowing i wont be getting up to watch Ireland in a world cup semi :cry: ( not a rant just a Friday sad)
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Ireland v Wales thread topping the thread list 1 wk on
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Peg Leg wrote:Ireland v Wales thread topping the thread list 1 wk on
Ireland V Wales thread being yet another Sexton V RO'G thread.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

The new timetable for the Dart. It's sinking in that I haven't been unlucky for the last while in always having a long wait. When I sat down and looked at my options I realised just how much the so called service is falling apart.

9 trains (Northbound ex-Dalkey) between 0630 and 0830. 15 minutes per Dart during peak commuting time.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote:The new timetable for the Dart. It's sinking in that I haven't been unlucky for the last while in always having a long wait. When I sat down and looked at my options I realised just how much the so called service is falling apart.

9 trains (Northbound ex-Dalkey) between 0630 and 0830. 15 minutes per Dart during peak commuting time.
I always thought it was just "Operational Difficulties" in Pearse Street. :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

ronk wrote:The new timetable for the Dart. It's sinking in that I haven't been unlucky for the last while in always having a long wait. When I sat down and looked at my options I realised just how much the so called service is falling apart.

On the northside, on the Malahide line the service is very poor. Aside from a brief flurry between 7.45am and 8.15am you're looking at approximately 30 minutes between all trains. They've stopped most of the commuter trains from stopping at Clongriffin. If you miss the 8.30 train on a weekday morning you're waiting 35 minutes for your next train. I end up just driving to work at 7am these days to beat the traffic and be sure to get to work reliably.

EDIT: Another one for them, the punctuality/reliability figures they publish where punctuality is a train that arrives within 10 minutes of the time it's supposed to. 10 minutes is not punctual nor should it be considered punctual. If I had a meeting and someone showed up 10 minutes late I would think they are incompetent. Their published target is for 9 out of 10 trains to arrive within 10 minutes after their scheduled time. Aim low, kids. Aim so low that nobody will care if you succeed. Dinner's in the oven.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Broken Wing wrote:
I'll give it a miss so.

Sure they'll be another Johnny vs RO'G thread (disguised as the Leinster vs Munster match thread) up in a few weeks.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Broken Wing wrote:
Yeah actually is there any chance a mod could just shut that thread, I think it's run it's course.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

ceemec wrote:

On the northside, on the Malahide line the service is very poor. Aside from a brief flurry between 7.45am and 8.15am you're looking at approximately 30 minutes between all trains. They've stopped most of the commuter trains from stopping at Clongriffin. If you miss the 8.30 train on a weekday morning you're waiting 35 minutes for your next train. I end up just driving to work at 7am these days to beat the traffic and be sure to get to work reliably.

EDIT: Another one for them, the punctuality/reliability figures they publish where punctuality is a train that arrives within 10 minutes of the time it's supposed to. 10 minutes is not punctual nor should it be considered punctual. If I had a meeting and someone showed up 10 minutes late I would think they are incompetent. Their published target is for 9 out of 10 trains to arrive within 10 minutes after their scheduled time. Aim low, kids. Aim so low that nobody will care if you succeed. Dinner's in the oven.
Here's another, the realtime timetables aren't properly synched. They often show at different times. Accurate timekeeping and exact common times in different towns/regions only really came in with the railways. How can self-respecting railway professionals be so lax, so untrue to their heritage and the ideals behind running a good service.

How can a timetable be accurate, how can a train be on time if they can't even tell people what "on-time" actually is.
alterego
Knowledgeable

Post by alterego »

After all the bullshit about the cost of judges wigs and Ministerial advisors, Cork City Council bring you this...

http://www.irishexaminer.ie/archives/20 ... 70339.html

FFS.. No money to repair homes devastated during the 2009 floods, but no problems with what effectively amounts an €8m write-off of taxpayers money :shock:

Hang yer heads in shame :oops:
Last edited by alterego on October 17th, 2011, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alterego
Knowledgeable

Post by alterego »

double trubble
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

alterego wrote:After all the bullshit about the cost of judges wigs and Ministerial advisors, Cork City Council bring you this...

http://www.irishexaminer.ie/archives/20 ... 70339.html

FFS.. No money to repair homes devastated during the 2009 floods, but no problems with what effectively amounts an €8m write-off of taxpayers money :shock:

Hang yer heads in shame :oops:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was after the property bubble imploded yes?
What was the make up of the Cork Co. Co. in 2009. Was there a vote and if so, who voted which way.
What is the make up now and what affiliation had the six 'No' voters.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I've just downloaded iTunes, if I click on the "agree" terms and conditions button, do Apple have the right to stitch my mouth to someones ass?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Peg Leg wrote:I've just downloaded iTunes, if I click on the "agree" terms and conditions button, do Apple have the right to stitch my mouth to someones ass?
:shock: :D

But yes. I think they do. Hey, you signed up for it.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Peg Leg wrote:I've just downloaded iTunes, if I click on the "agree" terms and conditions button, do Apple have the right to stitch my mouth to someones ass?
They have the right to do it, even if you don't agree.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Double post
Last edited by TerenureJim on October 17th, 2011, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

George Lee back doing opinionated primetime pieces post Daíl stint. Inappropiate much? Follow on question if I leave my job to run for political office, decide after a few months that I don't like it will I get a nice little parachute payout to "help me adjust" and then be able to go back to a very similar position with the same terms and conditions as I left with my employer?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

TerenureJim wrote:George Lee back doing opinionated primetime pieces post Daíl stint. Inappropiate much? Follow on question if I leave my job to run for political office, decide after a few months that I don't like it will I get a nice little parachute payout to "help me adjust" and then be able to go back to a very similar position with the same terms and conditions as I left with my employer?
Its pretty much the same with any civil service post isn't it?
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Oh sweet jesus - that American lad from the NRA is back on the airwaves talking about salt supplies :( :( :( :(