Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Skinfull
Mullet

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Skinfull »

Scott wrote:Been sick past few days and stuck indoors. In no particular order the shittiest 'comedy' shows on telly .......two&half men/big bang theory/mike&molly. Utter f%~king muck
I'm a fan of the BBT but I reckon you gotta get in at the start to appreciate the characters.
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Skinfull wrote:
Scott wrote:Been sick past few days and stuck indoors. In no particular order the shittiest 'comedy' shows on telly .......two&half men/big bang theory/mike&molly. Utter f%~king muck
I'm a fan of the BBT but I reckon you gotta get in at the start to appreciate the characters.
Yeah I'd agree that all those shows are sh!t and maybe add that couples one with David Spade into the mix as well. Scrubs is quite annoying also more so in that it used to be good when it kicked off.

The one thing i'll give the BBT credit for is the guy who plays the lead geek, Sheldon I think it is, really great acting to be able to portray someone who has some form of high-functioning autism/ausbergers with all the unusual characterisations, ocd ticks, and emotional detachment that it entails. Very impressive role. It's just a shame about the rest of the show.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

TerenureJim wrote:The one thing i'll give the BBT credit for is the guy who plays the lead geek, Sheldon I think it is, really great acting to be able to portray someone who has some form of high-functioning autism/ausbergers with all the unusual characterisations, ocd ticks, and emotional detachment that it entails. Very impressive role. It's just a shame about the rest of the show.
Not sure how good an actor he is when you see this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O64B-IAaTU
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

IanD wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:The one thing i'll give the BBT credit for is the guy who plays the lead geek, Sheldon I think it is, really great acting to be able to portray someone who has some form of high-functioning autism/ausbergers with all the unusual characterisations, ocd ticks, and emotional detachment that it entails. Very impressive role. It's just a shame about the rest of the show.
Not sure how good an actor he is when you see this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O64B-IAaTU
Maybe he's so method he just never breaks character, Prestige style....
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

The poxy weather. Absolutely bucketing down for over an hour now and no sign of it stopping. Have to walk to the car which is about 10 minutes away now. The security guard better be ready there to let me out!

First world problems.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I am so looking forward to my cycle home. Can't wait really.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

fourthirtythree wrote:I am so looking forward to my cycle home. Can't wait really.
+1 buddy, plus 1
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

2 hours from D4 to Baldoyle. Unbelievable weather.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

ceemec wrote:2 hours from D4 to Baldoyle. Unbelievable weather.
Just wait for the inevitable snow to hit and travel chaos will ensue......................................again.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

ceemec wrote:2 hours from D4 to Baldoyle. Unbelievable weather.
Jesus, that's horrific.

Some people with no lights on on the M50 earlier today. Mental.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

A few months ago I posted my annoyance at the over-using of the word "random" when describing virtually anything; "Aww, we had suuuuch a random night out. We got locked in my house and then went we to Copper's." Hmmm, Copper's instead of Dicey's is hardly 'random'.

But random has been overtaken now by "awkward", especially when it comes to liking FB pages. It is just so retarded. Lads, it was funny the first time, like "That awkward distance when you dont kno if u should hold the door or not..." but now everything is f%~king awkward...

"The awkward moment when Steve realised he had a big head....." or "The awkward moment when Rachel high-fived the foreigner" etc - No, I'm not "liking these pages"

Now the recent flooding has been been hit by awkwardness......."The awkward Winter when Dublin prepares for the Snow but God sends the flood instead" ------- awkward?
Last edited by suisse on October 25th, 2011, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

suisse wrote:A few months ago I posted my annoyance and the over-using of the word "random" when describing virtually anything' "Aww, it was so random. We got locked in my house and then went to Copper's."

But random has been overtaken now by "awkward", especially when it comes to FB pages. It is just so f%~king retarded. Lads, it was funny the first time, like "That awkward distance when you dont kno if u should hold the door or not..." but now everything is f%~king awkward...

"The awkward moment when Steve realised he had a big head....." or "The awkward moment when Rachel high-fived the foreigner" etc - No, I'm not "liking these pages"

Now the recent flooding has been been hit by awkwardness......."The awkward Winter when Dublin prepares for the Snow but God sends the flood instead" ------- awkward?
You may not like this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcY9jp6mGts
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Daytime TV

Murder she Wrote on RTE FFS?!?!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

sheepshagger wrote:Daytime TV

RTE FFS. Is that one of the new digital channels?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Do not ever disparrage Murder She Wrote :x
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

TerenureJim wrote:

Do not ever disparrage Murder She Wrote :x
I am totally with the shagger on this one. Although I could never watch it for more than 3 minutes. Even back in the 80s when there was a lot less choice, it was still a loada meballix.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

johng wrote:I am totally with the shagger on this one. Although I could never watch it for more than 3 minutes. Even back in the 80s when there was a lot less choice, it was still a loada meballix.
You're both wrong lads, seriously no Murder She Wrote and there'd be no Dexter. Think about it she tours the US and wherever she turns up people start dying in murderous circumstances and don't get me started on the Cabbot Cove Sherrif's department Richie Cunningham's dad has a lot of shoddy police work to answer for...
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Elbow skin :evil:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
alterego
Knowledgeable

Post by alterego »

Peg Leg wrote:Elbow skin :evil:
Solution... Cut a lemon in half and place an elbow in each for 30 mins.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Dalayed flood damage to a car :(

The AA warned yesterday that it can take 2-3 days for water damage to a starter motor etc to be noticed. Don't drive the car often but was out on Monday night, was careful to try and not drive through any big pools of water....Tried to start it last night and it sounds like the starter motor is fooked :(

Need to call the AA for a diagnosis :|