TerenureJim wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:He probably stole Bill Hicks' arse
Very true

Arse stealing technology has certainly come a long way in recent years
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Box Sets... The Next One ???

Post by Donny B. »

Finally found a decent torrent for the first season of Archer as per Ruck's recommendation ages ago.

Very, very funny stuff
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Currently recommending Californication David Duchovney's laconic New York writer sleeping his way through the LA ladies of Venice beach is a decent and funny watch. The guy has great comic timing which has been very underused save for some fantastic X-Files episodes.
sforan
Bookworm

Post by sforan »

Donny B. wrote:Finally found a decent torrent for the first season of Archer as per Ruck's recommendation ages ago.

Very, very funny stuff
If you like that check out Frisky Dingo - done by the same guys and it's frikken hilarious (and very dark).
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

sforan wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Finally found a decent torrent for the first season of Archer as per Ruck's recommendation ages ago.

Very, very funny stuff
If you like that check out Frisky Dingo - done by the same guys and it's frikken hilarious (and very dark).
Cheers, will seek it out
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

TerenureJim wrote:Currently recommending Californication David Duchovney's laconic New York writer sleeping his way through the LA ladies of Venice beach is a decent and funny watch. The guy has great comic timing which has been very underused save for some fantastic X-Files episodes.
How many seasons are you in? Used to love it but not a few episodes into season 6 and frankly I'm getting a bit sick of it
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

That shield thing (not the cop show) is the biggest pile of steaming shite I have ever seen, gave it the benefit of the doubt for the first 2 episodes, the 3rd episode broke me
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Bosco wrote:That shield thing (not the cop show) is the biggest pile of steaming shite I have ever seen, gave it the benefit of the doubt for the first 2 episodes, the 3rd episode broke me
Thought the first episode was enjoyable enough, thought the second was an annoying mess. Wondering whether to bother with the third
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Donny B. wrote:
sforan wrote:

Very, very funny stuff
Cheers, will seek it out
Watched the first two episodes and it's great. Killface's opening monologue is a classic
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Donny B. wrote:
Bosco wrote:That shield thing (not the cop show) is the biggest pile of steaming shite I have ever seen, gave it the benefit of the doubt for the first 2 episodes, the 3rd episode broke me
Thought the first episode was enjoyable enough, thought the second was an annoying mess. Wondering whether to bother with the third
Wheedon has lost it: his big budget Marvel was perhaps the worst film I've had the misfortune to spend money watching in recent years. Truly awful.
sforan
Bookworm

Post by sforan »

Donny B. wrote: Watched the first two episodes and it's great. Killface's opening monologue is a classic
Yep - great start to a series. It gets even better. Pity there's only 2 seasons.
ratpack
Mullet

Post by ratpack »

Mid way through season three of Battlestar Gallactica, I love it. Took a little while to get going for me, but season 2+3 are awesome stuff. Certainly one of the best shows I've ever seen.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Donny B. wrote:
After the strong opening the episode quickly feel apart and I gave up halfway through. The guy who plays Coulson is okay, but the rest of the characters are just so irritating and unlikable.

Time to bail!
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Homeland is gone to the dogs. Last week I was bored silly of the whole Brodie's daughter has a boyfriend storyline but last night I was missing it.

I'm out.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Broken Wing wrote:Homeland is gone to the dogs. Last week I was bored silly of the whole Brodie's daughter has a boyfriend storyline but last night I was missing it.

I'm out.
Wow. It must be REALLY bad now. I only made it to the end of season 1 on fumes. Never bothered with 2. Yerwan Claire Downes was annoying the chyte out of me.
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

They should have left it at a single season with a slightly different ending which would remove the possibility of a second series. (Without giving anything away I'm thinking of a different outcome in the shooting under the bridge.)
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Broken Wing wrote:They should have left it at a single season with a slightly different ending which would remove the possibility of a second series. (Without giving anything away I'm thinking of a different outcome in the shooting under the bridge.)
Final episode was such a pathetic let down on what was an innovative series. Avoid from then on at all cost.

Has anyone seen the original Israeli? I did have a copy in my possession but it was in Hebrew.
dave13
Bookworm

Post by dave13 »

Reason they struggled so badly is that they basically copied the Israeli version and then changed the ending so they could have more seasons.
It meant the only real original story they created was season 2 and it showed.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

dave13 wrote:Reason they struggled so badly is that they basically copied the Israeli version and then changed the ending so they could have more seasons.
It meant the only real original story they created was season 2 and it showed.
Well yes, they turned it into "24", and the reason it was good was that it was a rare US show dealing with contemporary politics that wasn't 24.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Peaky Blinders the new bbc show is pretty good, any one caught that?