for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Box Sets... The Next One ???

Post by JB1973 »

Peg Leg wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
JB1973 wrote:Plenty of action in Banshee, Ive only watched season 1 but it's certainly better than most of the dross we get on these days
graphic violence and boobs
Sold!

You must be a Spartacus fan? if not you want to see that asap you'll love it :clap:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Avenger wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
JB1973 wrote:Plenty of action in Banshee, Ive only watched season 1 but it's certainly better than most of the dross we get on these days
Hey if graphic violence and boobs are your thing! Guy at work was raving about it but I couldn't get over the terrible acting, especially from the lead.
Who is the lead?
A Kwi called Antony Starr. I've heard he was a MMA fighter who turned to acting which explained how completely blank he is. Turns out he's a jobbing actor.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

JB1973 wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
Donny B. wrote: graphic violence and boobs
Sold!

You must be a Spartacus fan? if not you want to see that asap you'll love it :clap:
Saw about five minutes of that shite the other night and it contained more brutality than a whole season of GOT!
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

[
You must be a Spartacus fan? if not you want to see that asap you'll love it :clap:[/quote]

Saw about five minutes of that shite the other night and it contained more brutality than a whole season of GOT![/quote]

It's all a bit cartoony though especially when you see 3 or 4 of them taking out 500 romans!

, I find the violence in GOT a bit more disturbing especially the ramsay/theon scenes and the rob stark aftermath of the red wedding

btw saw a article the other day that says the next book is going to be delayed till 2017 :cry:
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Donny B. wrote:[quote="JB1973]
Saw about five minutes of that shite the other night and it contained more brutality than a whole season of GOT![/quote][/quote]

Not usually my cup of tea but absolutely loved all four seasons of Spartacus. Complete shlock but relentlessly entertaining.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Donny B. wrote:A Kwi called Antony Starr. I've heard he was a MMA fighter who turned to acting which explained how completely blank he is. Turns out he's a jobbing actor.
Sorry... I thought you were referring to Penny Dreadful.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Avenger wrote:
Donny B. wrote:A Kwi called Antony Starr. I've heard he was a MMA fighter who turned to acting which explained how completely blank he is. Turns out he's a jobbing actor.
That would be The not so wooden Eva Green and the somewhat spruce like Timothy Dalton and Josh Hartnett.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Avenger wrote:
I was wondering why you were so curious about that guy :lol:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Peg Leg wrote: That would be The not so wooden Eva Green and the somewhat spruce like Timothy Dalton and Josh Hartnett.
Dalton is quite decent in it, Hartnett is as bland as ever. The best performance is from Rory Kinnear as Frankenstein's monster although he's become relegated to a side story in recent episodes
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Donny B. wrote:
Peg Leg wrote: That would be The not so wooden Eva Green and the somewhat spruce like Timothy Dalton and Josh Hartnett.
Dalton is quite decent in it, Hartnett is as bland as ever. The best performance is from Rory Kinnear as Frankenstein's monster although he's become relegated to a side story in recent episodes
A shockingly bad show. Loads of disconnected story ideas, wretched script, grim acting. Apart from that...
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Hippo wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
A shockingly bad show. Loads of disconnected story ideas, wretched script, grim acting. Apart from that...
Having finished it last night, I'm struggling to put together a counter-argument tbh.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Colin Farrell rumoured to be in talks with HBO for a lead role in True Detective mkII
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Utopia was back last night for season 2. Second episode on tonight but you can catch up on 4OD. Best thing on British TV in years.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Well the first episode of The Strain was decidedly underwhelming
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Donny B. wrote:Well the first episode of The Strain was decidedly underwhelming
The second episode is actually worse, as in B movie worse, as in made by a Network channel worse. Can't believe FX made this shite.
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Donny B. wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Well the first episode of The Strain was decidedly underwhelming
The second episode is actually worse, as in B movie worse, as in made by a Network channel worse. Can't believe FX made this shite.
You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. The source material was utter dross.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

ray Donovan is back and starting very well, john voight is great as a scumbag!
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

JB1973 wrote:ray Donovan is back and starting very well, john voight is great as a scumbag!
Bit of an improvement so far, largely due to the relative lack of Mrs Donovan. Long may it continue.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Started watching suits on Netflix. It's a bit light but not bad and has some funny moments.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Hippo wrote:
JB1973 wrote:ray Donovan is back and starting very well, john voight is great as a scumbag!
Bit of an improvement so far, largely due to the relative lack of Mrs Donovan. Long may it continue.
Just saw Ep 2. Waaaaaay too much Mrs Donovan!
AKA Peter O'Sullivan