Box Sets... The Next One ???

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Box Sets... The Next One ???

Post by Donny B. »

TerenureJim wrote:Started watching Fargo, good old Billy Bob Thornton one of those actors who always delivers. Very well written show and good for the winter evenings.
Absolutely loved Fargo. Whole cast was terrific

Looking forward to the second season
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Catastrophe with Shaggy's sis Sharon on Channel 4 is great craic. Really good lines and great rapport between the two protagonists. Monday night guffaws - hard to come by.
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

jezzer wrote:Catastrophe with Shaggy's sis Sharon on Channel 4 is great craic. Really good lines and great rapport between the two protagonists. Monday night guffaws - hard to come by.
I'm enjoying the show too. Shaggy is in serious danger of being only my second favourite Horgan these days. Sharon is hilarious.

If you haven't seen the episode of Little Crackers that she did for sky it is well worth a watch as well. Set on the family turkey farm.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Ok so it's technically not a boxed set, but-

The Serial

Anyone ever give this podcast a go?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Peg Leg wrote:Ok so it's technically not a boxed set, but-

The Serial

Anyone ever give this podcast a go?
Yeah, got sick of it after a couple of episodes
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Enjoyed it a lot myself. Thought it was well narrated, well constructed and was pretty compelling. I enjoy listening to podcasts and audiobooks so for me it was easy enough to download and enjoy.
BarryP
Knowledgeable

Post by BarryP »

'Better Call Saul' available from today.

Ep 1 (titled "Uno") getting some very favourable reviews thus far.
No feelings. You don't win 'em all, you don't love 'em all, you keep on fighting and if you need a friend, get a dog."
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Logorrhea wrote:Enjoyed it a lot myself. Thought it was well narrated, well constructed and was pretty compelling. I enjoy listening to podcasts and audiobooks so for me it was easy enough to download and enjoy.
Just read into it (finished ep 2), it's bleedin true!!
Serial tells one story - a true story - over the course of an entire season. Each season, we'll follow a plot and characters wherever they take us. And we won’t know what happens at the end until we get there, not long before you get there with us.
Enjoying so far.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

BarryP wrote:'Better Call Saul' available from today.

Ep 1 (titled "Uno") getting some very favourable reviews thus far.
Episode 1 was a treat and Episode 2 is available now too.
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Yeah enjoyed episode 1.
My Dad enjoyed it too and he didn't watch Breaking Bad, so that's good!
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

How many episodes are there and how frequently does it get released does anyone know?
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

offshorerules wrote:How many episodes are there and how frequently does it get released does anyone know?
First season is ten episodes and as it will be shown on Mondays in the US it should be available for Tuesdays over here.

Second season of 13 episodes has already been ordered.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Second episode of BCS is even better than the first, including a classic Breaking Bad style montage
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Donny B. wrote:Second episode of BCS is even better than the first, including a classic Breaking Bad style montage
Dare I ask how you know this? I'm waiting for the dvd.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

domhnallj wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Second episode of BCS is even better than the first, including a classic Breaking Bad style montage
Dare I ask how you know this? I'm waiting for the dvd.
Well see you in 2019 so!

You can get it on Netflix btw, so no actually need for nefariousness.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Donny B. wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Don't watch homeland. Please. An American friend just watched one of the recent episodes, first ever for her, and I had to talk her down from disowning her country. It's f%~king 24 and has been from episode 12 of the first season. Episodes 6-11 were phenomenal. Leave it at that and move on.

Couple of recommendations for the knick now. I'll give it a shot. I like Soderbergh. Though I mix him up with Linklater whom I also like. Boyhood was pretty damn good. And I think I linked to Soderbergh's website about Raiders of the lost ark here recently. Ace.
Loved the Knick, another show I took a while to warm to, but well worth it in the end.

Will stay with Homeland for another few shows but if it starts going 24 again, I'll walk away.
Well 443 got to say you were right on this one. First few episodes were promising, but from the minute cry-face began sleeping with the young fella, I just said "oh no, down the rabbit-hole of daft plotting again". Got to about half-way through the season as the plot got dafter and dafter and then just said "what's the point?" and deleted it.
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

Following a shambolic house move destroying much of my SKY BOX recordings, I have the following questions;
1) Boardwalk Empire - I was bout 75% through the second last season - worth digging out the rest?
2) Walking Dead - I left at the season interval when they arrived at Terminus - worth going back to?
3) Friday Night Lights - I left just as JD McCoy was usurping Matt - worth going back to (this is a long way back really!)

Also - is anybody watching Fortitude? I have fallen asleep twice during attempts to watch the second episode!
Leinster jersey on the Great Wall of China.The Mongolians couldn't breach it but the Blues did!
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

blaker wrote:3) Friday Night Lights - I left just as JD McCoy was usurping Matt - worth going back to (this is a long way back really!)

Also - is anybody watching Fortitude? I have fallen asleep twice during attempts to watch the second episode!
Absolutely go back to FNLs. One of my fav shows of all time. That was the 3rd season you're referring to so there's a further two seasons to go.

Snap with Fortitude except its the first episode I keep falling asleep watching...
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

anyone watch some futuristic prison drama OZ from a few years back?

just ordered the box set upto much?
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

blaker wrote:Following a shambolic house move destroying much of my SKY BOX recordings, I have the following questions;
1) Boardwalk Empire - I was bout 75% through the second last season - worth digging out the rest?
2) Walking Dead - I left at the season interval when they arrived at Terminus - worth going back to?
3) Friday Night Lights - I left just as JD McCoy was usurping Matt - worth going back to (this is a long way back really!)

Walking dead is worth sticking with