Friday's Rave

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Friday's Rave

Post by Oldschool »

Scott wrote:
Broken Wing wrote:Friday's game, just like last Friday's game, is on TG4!

"Ana-brú san clibirt sin, Heaslip, go Boss, amach go Sexton, laimhe iontach! Fitzgerald ag damhsa síos an taobh líne! Agus Fitzgerald leis an úd!"

Are you and the other four viewers watching it round yours? :roll:
When it's on TG4 and I can't make the match, I turn the sound to mute, watch the match and give Mrs School, my undivided attention. :) :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Scott wrote:

"Ana-brú san clibirt sin, Heaslip, go Boss, amach go Sexton, laimhe iontach! Fitzgerald ag damhsa síos an taobh líne! Agus Fitzgerald leis an úd!"

Are you and the other four viewers watching it round yours?
Like all good Season Ticket Holders I'll be watching it in the RDS and recording it to enjoy again later.Of course you weren't seriously suggesting that people without access to the stadium will choose not to watch it just because the commentary is in Irish.

George Hamilton or Ryle Nugent or Commentary as Gaeilge? Ar aghaidh linn!
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Broken Wing wrote:
Scott wrote:

Like all good Season Ticket Holders I'll be watching it in the RDS and recording it to enjoy again later.Of course you weren't seriously suggesting that people without access to the stadium will choose not to watch it just because the commentary is in Irish.

You have me there.
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Broken Wing wrote:
Scott wrote:

Or you could just wait for the delayed coverage at midnight on Setanta
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

No doubt many could Xanthippe but I don't have Setanta. Yet another reason to be cheerful, TV without bills!
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Broken Wing wrote:No doubt many could Xanthippe but I don't have Setanta. Yet another reason to be cheerful, TV without bills!
Sorry, hadn't thought of that possibility - just assumed anyone who had TG4 also had Setanta.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Xanthippe wrote:
Or you could just wait for the delayed coverage at midnight on Setanta
Not on till 1am on Setanta & thats long past my bed time
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

The morrocan fight scene in the Bourne Ultimatum :D :D :D

Judo chop!!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Cheese on toast after a hard rehearsal.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Peg Leg wrote:The morrocan fight scene in the Bourne Ultimatum :D :D :D

Judo chop!!
All the Bourne movies are just the mutt's nuts. Much better than the new Bond, Craggy David. Bond should have gadgets and sh1t. All Brits are effete ladyboys who rely on Q's gear to win fights...FACT!
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

RoboProp wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:The morrocan fight scene in the Bourne Ultimatum :D :D :D

Judo chop!!
All the Bourne movies are just the mutt's nuts. Much better than the new Bond, Craggy David. Bond should have gadgets and sh1t. All Brits are effete ladyboys who rely on Q's gear to win fights...FACT!
That fight scene in the jacks in Criags first Bond was fairly gruesome and not a gadget in sight.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Avenger wrote: That fight scene in the jacks in Criags first Bond was fairly gruesome and not a gadget in sight.
...and the Bourne films are much more gadget oriented than the new Bond. The Bourne films must have been part of what made the Bond producers realise how tacky their franchise had got. But Craig looks like he would have Matt Damon in a brutal fight with his arms cut off and the stumps still pumping blood.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

fourthirtythree wrote:
Avenger wrote: That fight scene in the jacks in Criags first Bond was fairly gruesome and not a gadget in sight.
...and the Bourne films are much more gadget oriented than the new Bond. The Bourne films must have been part of what made the Bond producers realise how tacky their franchise had got. But Craig looks like he would have Matt Damon in a brutal fight with his arms cut off and the stumps still pumping blood.
No not having it! Matt would kick his ass!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Armchair wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:
No not having it! Matt would kick his ass!
Matt looks like his scenes are more balletically choreographed, i.e. technical fighting. The Bond guy looks like a borderline psychotic thug that feels no pain and would do anything, anything at all, to win a fight.

Those guys always win.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

As opposed to a brain washed special forces guy! My money is still on the boy they call Bourne!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Armchair wrote:As opposed to a brain washed special forces guy! My money is still on the boy they call Bourne!
Look, Matt Damon may have played Francois Pienaar, but who would you rather on your team, Craig or Damon?
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

fourthirtythree wrote:
Armchair wrote:As opposed to a brain washed special forces guy! My money is still on the boy they call Bourne!
Look, Matt Damon may have played Francois Pienaar, but who would you rather on your team, Craig or Damon?
Fair point, as a public schoolboy, precious Craig may have played a bit more rugby! But you wouldn't catch Matt wearing those poxy blue speedos in public
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

I got in trouble here for implying this about Christian Bale before but I reckon Bond discovered Vitamin S....allegedly, does that cover me Ian Hislop does it on Have I Got News all the time.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

RoboProp wrote:I got in trouble here for implying this about Christian Bale before but I reckon Bond discovered Vitamin S....allegedly, does that cover me Ian Hislop does it on Have I Got News all the time.
I thought the joke was that allegedly doesn't cover you...
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

fourthirtythree wrote:
RoboProp wrote:I got in trouble here for implying this about Christian Bale before but I reckon Bond discovered Vitamin S....allegedly, does that cover me Ian Hislop does it on Have I Got News all the time.
I thought the joke was that allegedly doesn't cover you...
That's two of my "jokes" in as many weeks you called me on! What did I ever did do to you 433! WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU!! :P