for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

leinster80
Enlightened

Re: General Election 2011

Post by leinster80 »

sheepshagger wrote:Claire Bryne set to host the RTE Leaders debate :clap:
Is it still a three-way?
Shake your di*ks, this pissing contest is over!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

leinster80 wrote:
Is it still a three-way?
Possibly the only reason I'd watch it.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

leinster80 wrote:
Is it still a three-way?
She'd make it a four-way surely? :D
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Christ, well there goes any hope of highbrow topics being discussed with the bimbo in charge.
Soundbites and emotive bullshit will be the order of the day. :roll:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Leinsterman wrote:Christ, well there goes any hope of highbrow topics being discussed with the bimbo in charge.
First Question: Who's your favourite character on Glee?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Donny B. wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Christ, well there goes any hope of highbrow topics being discussed with the bimbo in charge.
First Question: Who's your favourite character on Glee?
And then repeat/repeat/repeat (raising voice each time demanding answers) whilst the answer is forthcoming!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Peg Leg wrote: And then repeat/repeat/repeat (raising voice each time demanding answers) whilst the answer is forthcoming!

Her crowning moment of glory on Newstalk was when she had Keith Wood on to criticize the IRFU for their ticketing prices last Autumn.
She made such a hash of it that he ended up defending them.
With that in mind, she'll probably get FF re-elected! Maybe she's their campaign manager. :shock:
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Yea, you always spelt my name wrong as well :wink:
Get in the f%~king bag.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

:evil:

The only other person suitable for the job would have been Sharon Ni Bheolain
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

An extremely insipid interview from Gormley on Newstalk this morning.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

The only thing less inspiring than our politicians is our media
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Anyone see that wagon, Mary Lou, on Vincent Browne

It's like none of the Shinners can actually comprehend basic mathematics. They have some seriously hair brained ideas on our economy. It's scary.

Vincent had a right good cut off her and had her fairly riled over Adams' performance in Southern Politics. Even Alan Shatter made light work of her.

That tool from Wicklow was a sanctimonious, condescending pr!*k
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Darce wrote:It's like none of the Shinners can actually comprehend basic mathematics. They have some seriously hair brained ideas on our economy. It's scary.
And yet David McWilliams seems to be agreeing with their policies, or so the rumours say. (I've not bothered looking into it since the best SF can hope for is to be the biggest party in opposition)

Darce wrote:Adams' performance in Southern Politics
Do you mean down in Cork, Kerry and Waterford? Is Southern Politics different from politics in the rest of the Republic?
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

I know this should probably go in the rant thread, but what about Bertie yesterday?
A day after new leader Mr Martin apologised for the economic mistakes made by the Government, Mr Ahern said he wished "somebody somewhere" had warned him about the looming banking catastrophe while he was in power.

He also listed his failed attempt to build a national sports stadium -- nicknamed the 'Bertie Bowl' -- among his biggest regrets.

Mr Ahern -- who will be paid more than €150,000 a year in ministerial and TD pensions -- again failed to acknowledge that any policies pursued by his governments contributed to the economic crisis.
Mr Ahern was asked yesterday if he had any regrets leaving the Dail after serving as a TD for 34 years. "In politics, there are a lot of things that you would have liked to achieve," he told RTE.

"I would like to be leaving today with unemployment at 4pc and economic growth being the 10pc and 11pc it was for the many years I was there.

"I suppose I have lots of regrets about different things. I would have loved if somebody somewhere told me what was going on in the banks in this country but nobody ever did. We get wise after the event.

"I would have loved to have achieved, as well as giving the money to Croke Park and the €191m to Lansdowne Road, I still think we didn't get a proper national infrastructural stadium.

"Unfortunately, when I see little countries and Qatar and Kuwait and everyone in the World Cup talking about their tent stadiums and we never succeeded in getting one national stadium. That's an achievement I tried hard to do but I didn't get."

But he did not acknowledge if any policies pursued by him or his governments played a part in the economic crisis.

Mr Ahern will be paid ministerial and TD pensions worth more than €150,000 a year for the rest of life. He is also in line for a once-off lump sum of around €160,000 based on his years of service in the Dail.
He obviously still thinks we're ALL a shower of ignorant gobsh1tes.
Dont Panic!
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Bertie is just one of over 25% of the FF TDs who are taking their pensions and hiding away from the electorate. A pox on all their houses.

He's completely deluded and thinks there should be a statue to him somewhere instead of all this begrudgery that he has to face.

I'd only take a break from kicking him to swing my foot at Cowen or Lenihan.
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Broken Wing wrote: Do you mean down in Cork, Kerry and Waterford? Is Southern Politics different from politics in the rest of the Republic?
Daves policy for dealing with UK based HR department

1. An email will arrive, generally asking could 'employees in southern Ireland please do blah blah blah' - Email binned
2. Follow up email arrives, asking why I didn't blah blah blah. I reply saying that I didn't think it applied to me, as I am based in Dublin, which isn't in southern Ireland, but was for staff in Cork.
3. Second follow up email arrives asking for Republic of Ireland staff to do blah blah blah - email binned
4. Third follow up email arrives asking why I didn't blah blah blah. I reply saying that I didn't think it applied to me as I am not a professional international footballer. I generally use the phrase at some stage in this email 'constitutional monarchy of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland', and paste Article 4 of the Constitution in too, to set up....
5. Fourth follow up email arrives asking staff in Eire to do blah blah blah. I reply in Irish.
6. They go away.
I have Bumbleflex
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Dave Cahill wrote: Daves policy for dealing with UK based HR department

1. An email will arrive, generally asking could 'employees in southern Ireland please do blah blah blah' - Email binned
2. Follow up email arrives, asking why I didn't blah blah blah. I reply saying that I didn't think it applied to me, as I am based in Dublin, which isn't in southern Ireland, but was for staff in Cork.
3. Second follow up email arrives asking for Republic of Ireland staff to do blah blah blah - email binned
4. Third follow up email arrives asking why I didn't blah blah blah. I reply saying that I didn't think it applied to me as I am not a professional international footballer. I generally use the phrase at some stage in this email 'constitutional monarchy of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland', and paste Article 4 of the Constitution in too, to set up....
5. Fourth follow up email arrives asking staff in Eire to do blah blah blah. I reply in Irish.
6. They go away.
Marry me.

(When people in Ireland "plead the fifth" I always ask them what disestablishmentarianism has to do with the question.)
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Question: How soon before a general election are you allowed to start canvassing?

Blasted shinners - I was only in the door last night after a particularly long and frustrating day at work when they called - what made it even more annoying was that I was expecting a pizza delivery
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Xanthippe wrote:Question: How soon before a general election are you allowed to start canvassing?

Blasted shinners - I was only in the door last night after a particularly long and frustrating day at work when they called - what made it even more annoying was that I was expecting a pizza delivery
No limit on canvassing. Its just issues surrounding the posters. I'm led to believe.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Broken Wing wrote:
Darce wrote:It's like none of the Shinners can actually comprehend basic mathematics. They have some seriously hair brained ideas on our economy. It's scary.
And yet David McWilliams seems to be agreeing with their policies, or so the rumours say. (I've not bothered looking into it since the best SF can hope for is to be the biggest party in opposition)

Darce wrote:Adams' performance in Southern Politics
Do you mean down in Cork, Kerry and Waterford? Is Southern Politics different from politics in the rest of the Republic?
Stop being a tw@t.

Everyone knows what I'm talking about
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on