General Election 2011

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

tate
Shane Horgan

Re: General Election 2011

Post by tate »

Broken Wing wrote:Martin is announcing his front bench today. Is there any point to this? They'll have a meaningless title for less than a day and then the Dáil is dissolved. Is it just a way of anointing people as future ministers (and thus enticing their constituents to have a local man a minister) if the Irish amnesia about FF hits again and they somehow make up the government?

Personally I think it's just another way for FF to remain the main news story. They've already had a fortnight out of changing leader and then having the new boss go on a tour of every radio station in Ireland.
brilliant move politically though, machiavelli would be proud. Sacrifice the guy in charge, take the heat of the new guys or in the party in general. Get the chattering masses chattering about irrelevant things like who might be the leader and what changes he could or should bring in.

like you said irish amnesia to FF will strike again. If i was a betting man i would go for 35-40 seats. A massive loss by their standards but still a decent haul all things considered.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

tate wrote:
Broken Wing wrote:Martin is announcing his front bench today. Is there any point to this? They'll have a meaningless title for less than a day and then the Dáil is dissolved. Is it just a way of anointing people as future ministers (and thus enticing their constituents to have a local man a minister) if the Irish amnesia about FF hits again and they somehow make up the government?

Personally I think it's just another way for FF to remain the main news story. They've already had a fortnight out of changing leader and then having the new boss go on a tour of every radio station in Ireland.
brilliant move politically though, machiavelli would be proud. Sacrifice the guy in charge, take the heat of the new guys or in the party in general. Get the chattering masses chattering about irrelevant things like who might be the leader and what changes he could or should bring in.

like you said irish amnesia to FF will strike again. If i was a betting man i would go for 35-40 seats. A massive loss by their standards but still a decent haul all things considered.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

If that is what democracy gives us, then I'm looking for a tyrant?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

labour and FG are already falling out http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... king6.html. And i dont think it can be emphasised enough how much irish people love voting for FF.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:
combatlogo wrote: We live in the Republic of Ireland,

Wombat, I know I usually ignore your nonsense but I couldn't resist this little gem. I see you are still maintaining your usual low standards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :green clap:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_o ... d_Act_1948

Here you go Blanky, I'm happy to assist in your education, given the fact it's been a disaster heretofore.

wombatloco also wrote: you really do have a neck like a jockey's bollix to descibe anyone else's musings as semi-literate.
Not anyone else's, just yours. You should be embarrassed.[/quote]

Why should I be embarassed Blanky? I haven't butchered the English langugage as you do on a regular basis.
wombatloco also wrote: That said, feel free to point out any errors I've made. Of course, you won't be able to, the same way you can't actually point out any lies I've written on here, as you claim.
:lol: Youre joking right? BTW, out of curiosity what does a 'Jockeys bollix' look like? :lol: [/quote]

A "jockeys (sic) bollix" are hard Blanky, just like your neck and head. I notice you fail to point out any errors on my part, but merely respond with "youre (sic) joking". Pathetic stuff Blanky. Again, point out where I've lied or retract your assertion. Like the spineless coward you are, I'm pretty certain you won't, the same way you didn't have the balls or backbone to answer a question about supporting the Provos.

wombatloco also wrote: "Right wing"? I revel in the term!
Have you finished George Dubyas autobiography yet? You remind me of him, dunno why, ya just do :D[/quote]

You really need to learn about apostrophes Blanky. Nope, have no intention of reading it.
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

We live in Ireland. There's no prefixes, no qualifiers, nothing. Just Ireland.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

gfo wrote:We live in Ireland. There's no prefixes, no qualifiers, nothing. Just Ireland.
Yup. I wouldn't pay any attention at all to what teh wikis says about Irish law. Whoever edits the Irish law section actually has no notion of what a constitution is. I suspect they may have studied English law at some stage (if they ever read anything serious, you can't be sure so much of teh wikis is patrolled by ersatz experts with no actual education) but I can pretty much guarantee they never did so much as a semester of law in or about Ireland.
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

fourthirtythree wrote:
gfo wrote:We live in Ireland. There's no prefixes, no qualifiers, nothing. Just Ireland.
Yup. I wouldn't pay any attention at all to what teh wikis says about Irish law. Whoever edits the Irish law section actually has no notion of what a constitution is. I suspect they may have studied English law at some stage (if they ever read anything serious, you can't be sure so much of teh wikis is patrolled by ersatz experts with no actual education) but I can pretty much guarantee they never did so much as a semester of law in or about Ireland.
They obviously didn't, or they might be familiar with Article 4 of the Constitution of Ireland.

http://www.constitution.ie/reports/Cons ... reland.pdf
"The name of the State is Éire, or, in the English language, Ireland."
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

combatlogo wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_o ... d_Act_1948

Here you go Blanky, I'm happy to assist in your education, given the fact it's been a disaster heretofore.
Wackypedia :lol:
wombatloco also wrote: you really do have a neck like a jockey's bollix to descibe anyone else's musings as semi-literate. Why should I be embarassed Blanky? I haven't butchered the English langugage as you do on a regular basis.
'Oirland Oirland Reepubillik of Oirland' :lol: Wombat you had our office rolling around the floors pissin' themselves laughing this morning. When I'm not cringeing at your rants I'm usually smiling :D

wombatloco also wrote: That said, feel free to point out any errors I've made. Of course, you won't be able to, the same way you can't actually point out any lies I've written on here, as you claim.
Youre joking right? BTW, out of curiosity what does a 'Jockeys bollix' look like?

See above Re: Reepubillik of Oirland :lol:
wombatloco wrote: A "jockeys (sic) bollix" are hard Blanky, just like your neck and head. I notice you fail to point out any errors on my part, but merely respond with "youre (sic) joking". Pathetic stuff Blanky. Again, point out where I've lied or retract your assertion. Like the spineless coward you are, I'm pretty certain you won't, the same way you didn't have the balls or backbone to answer a question about supporting the Provos.
I asked what a 'jockeys bollix' looked like, not felt like you loon. You see I wouldn't be familiar with the nether regions of a Tony McCoy or Barry Geraghty :?
wombatloco also wrote: "Right wing"? I revel in the term!
Have you finished George Dubyas autobiography yet? You remind me of him, dunno why, ya just do :D
wombatloco wrote: You really need to learn about apostrophes Blanky. Nope, have no intention of reading it.
And a fine exponent of apostrophes you certainly are wombat.

'tis a pity you are not very bright tho'. :wink:

You are a very angry dude, need to chill.

Oh and please don't bombard my Private Inbox with nonsense such as this.......
Wombatloco wrote:
Blanky, it's pretty clear you're a Provo supporter so it's hardly info I dearly crave. Celebrating the deaths of Irishmen? Ab-so-f%~king-lutely, 8 dead Provo c**ts at Loughgall, was a happy day.

Re the veiled threat - don't worry Blanky, I won't be losing any sleep about bumping into some poor deluded fucktard...then again, maybe you have it in mind to kneecap me?

Are you really so upset about being called a cocksucker Blanky?
3 Gold Stars
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Has anyone mentioned Hitler or the Nazis yet?
Get in the f%~king bag.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

I thought Claire was doing RTEs TV debatebut sadly its just radio (for now). . . http://www.rte.ie/radio1/latedebate/
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Disgraced ex-Minister for Defence Willie "Perjury" O'Dea has been named in the communications portfolio of Mícheál Martin's shadow cabinet.

Business as usual then.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Broken Wing wrote:Disgraced ex-Minister for Defence Willie "Perjury" O'Dea has been named in the communications portfolio of Mícheál Martin's shadow cabinet.

Business as usual then.
Sure don't we all know them ones in Limerick will follow any auld washed up team ...I mean party :wink:
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

sheepshagger wrote:I thought Claire was doing RTEs TV debatebut sadly its just radio (for now). . . http://www.rte.ie/radio1/latedebate/

Jesus. She's beyond useless.
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Wikipedia isn't without its faults Blanky but it's also very good in some respects. I'll bet you didn't even click on the link though so here's an official one for you. You did realise the Costello government declared a Republic in 1948, didn't you?

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1948/en/ ... index.html

Why do you find an official description of the state so amusing Blanky? It's almost childlike, the way you laugh at things which aren't in the least bit funny.

I actually don't find it surprising that you need to ask what a pair of testicles looks like Blanky, given the fact you clearly don't own a pair.

I'll repeat - you've accused me of telling lies and of being semi-literate - either substantiate either or both accusations or we can all draw the obvious conclusion that you're a bluffing, blustering windbag whose idea of an argument is to include as many smileys as possible, accuse me of being angry and claim I'm not very bright (despite the fact you're the one producing dreadfully written drivel on here).

Seeing as you want to publicise PM's, how about this one:

Blanky wrote: "You simply are not on my level of sophistry and will never solicit the information you so dearly crave i.e. my political beliefs. But do carry on embarrassing yourself. You are a product of your environment and lack the intelligence to confront your shortcomings. Lashing out with personal insults, glorifying the deaths of Irishmen and sexual innuendo simply illustrate how deficient you are regarding Social skills. You strike me as a laborious cretin who lacks confidence and knows he's losing the argument, why I'm still entertaining you is beyond me at this stage. Mea culpa.

Oh and BTW, I'm multi-lingual, educated at Trinity many years ago and still play the odd game of Rugby. Count yourself lucky our paths may never cross and i'd be very careful who you accuse of being a 'provo'

The fact you use a word like sophistry without having a clue as to what it means is hilarious as is the threat of violence.

As for the Provo accusation, I'm quite happy to repeat it here, given no evidence to the contrary.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Slipper1 wrote:Has anyone mentioned Hitler or the Nazis yet?
not yet but i learned a new word today - sophistry.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Slipper1 wrote:Has anyone mentioned Hitler or the Nazis yet?
Where abouts is he standing for election?
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Will tidy up and unlock this thread later this evening.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.