5%

Total votes: 97

the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Re: Leinsterfans.com Election Poll

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote:
John23 wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Its all very well going on about Sinn Feins murderous past, but it will do absolutely nothing to stop people voting for them. The people they are targeting were children when the northern conflict was at its height, they are only vaguely aware of it, in the same way they are aware of the war of independence and the civil war. What they are aware of is that they have lost their jobs, don't have much chance of getting a new one, can't make their mortgage payments, feed their kids or support their families, whilst they see David Drumm pay 10k tax on 10 million euros. Sinn Fein are offering them a solution to this. Now, that the solution is completely chicken oriental hasn't occurred to them, because instead of actually dealing with these issues, the issues that people who might vote Sinn Fein actually care about, those opposing them are playing entirely into their hands by going on about Jean McConville and Derrada Wood, which the people who might vote Sinn Fein couldn't give a rats ass about.
Agree with entirely. But how about Sein Feins inability or refusal to deal with or condone recent issues such as the McCartney murder, the Northern Bank raid, the Denis Donaldson murder. Their refusal to condone smuggling of cigarettes, DVD piracy and diesel laundering. Maybe my views are somewhat jaundiced but as someone who was in Derrada Wood all those years ago. To coin a phrase "I despise their seed, breed and gerenation.
I don't disagree with you at all (though I think you mean condemn ;)), but in terms of fighting them at the ballot box, with the problems being faced by the people they are targetting for votes, using their past (or even their present) against them simply won't work.
I suppose the point I was making was to explain why I despise SF so much rather than in the context of this election.
SF have always had a constituency in this country and I remember Martin Hurson receiving 6000 first preferences in Longford Westmeath during the Hunger strikes. But they are not the same as the other political parties and that should be reinforced at every opportunity.

No other party is the political wing of a terrorist organisation that continues to recruit, train, fund raise and gather intelligence. They can not be looked at in the same light as the others.

For that reason I hope we see a strong single party government where they have zero influence.
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

Remember people, Vote Early, Vote Often :)
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

http://img.rasset.ie/000448ac-660.jpg

FG Labour odds on to form next government
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Why are Sharon, Miriam and Claire not hosting RTE's coverage?
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Good things so far: Coughlan, Gormley, Ryan and Hanafin set to lose their seats
Bad things so far: Mary Lou Macdonald looking good along with a general good showing from the IRA.
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

sheepshagger wrote:Why are Sharon, Miriam and Claire not hosting RTE's coverage?
Its eLection coverage SS :wink:
I have Bumbleflex
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

sheepshagger wrote:Why are Sharon, Miriam and Claire not hosting RTE's coverage?

Prolapsed Fanny is on RTÉ now, you'll be pleased to know.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Leinsterman wrote:

Prolapsed Fanny is on RTÉ now, you'll be pleased to know.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

The Leinsterfans poll seems to be matching the national poll!

Day of the long knives for FF and the Greens!

Delighted to see the two FF muppets in my constituency Lenihan and O'Connor, look certain to be put out on their arse! :D
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Claire B in the RDS and on Radio this morning, Marian on the tv and Sharon is stalking Healip!