Anthony Foley
2%

Total votes: 63

sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Leinsterfans.com Election Tally

Post by sarah_lennon »

So... this might be interesting.

Who did you actually cast your vote for?
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinsterfans.com Election Tally

Post by gfo »

100% support for FF sounds about right
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

FG

Think there were 11 candidates on my form, put a number down for just a few of them - none for SF, Labour or the loopie Indos.
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

FG 1 & 2 and Greens at 3, some of the Greens policies are mental and do the country no good but would still like to see them have some representation in the Dail. Depending on how numbers come out, if FG get into the low 80's it might even be a FG/Greens coalition yet.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

sheepshagger wrote:
Think there were 11 candidates on my form, put a number down for just a few of them - none for SF, Labour or the loopie Indos.
Congrats, you just ensured that those who did stay in the race longer than you!

I continued my preference from Bacik at #1 to the Christian Solidarity Man at #14!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Mary Mitchel O'Connor. Where have FG been hiding her?

Bet Shagger would vote for her, in the mould of Lucinda, Claire Byrne, etc.etc

Batman's girlfriend? Would be ruled out on two counts. :)
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

sarah_lennon wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:

I continued my preference from Bacik at #1 to the Christian Solidarity Man at #14!
Is it not a choice between having your vote live long or having your vote end up with someone you consider a nutter?

Your vote could (theoretically) be transferred all the way down to Christian Solidarity man. His could die earlier but would defo not be cast for people he considers nutters.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

johng wrote:
Your vote could (theoretically) be transferred all the way down to Christian Solidarity man. His could die earlier but would defo not be cast for people he considers nutters.
I'm not a mathematician so can't tell you the probability but that's very unlikely. .. possibly unpossible :wink:

However someone who put my Mr 14 higher up is counteracted by my preference at 5/6 or whatever. If you stop after 2 or 3, the people who voted for the candidates that you don't find desirable (won't be using the "N" word) are still alive when you're dead.

You're not voting for anyone really, you're voting for the order that you wish people to be elected.
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

sarah_lennon wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:

Didn't want certain parties getting a transfer vote from me so stopped when all the decent options were exhausted.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

While voting for only 2 or 3 is not ideal. I personally have never put FF on any paper since I started voting 10 general elections ago. I have in the past voted for everyone else (once). I would rather spoil my vote than have any possibility (however mathematically remote) of it being cast for people I consider nutters.

Plus the fact that if it is such a mathematically remote possibility of your vote being cast for your number 14, why bother?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

sheepshagger wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:

Didn't want certain parties getting a transfer vote from me so stopped when all the decent options were exhausted.
There you go! He said it better and simpler than I did.
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Having voted in 5 general elections in this country i will be happy come Sunday that for the first time in my existence i have actually voted for the incoming Government as my first preference.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

sarah_lennon wrote:
johng wrote:
I'm not a mathematician so can't tell you the probability but that's very unlikely. .. possibly unpossible :wink:
Your 14th preference in a const. with 14 candidates is not a vote as those named 1-13 will have already been elected or eliminated. Including a 14th or excluding a 14th is essentially the same thing. There is an arguement that the max number of preferences should the total -1 as it is an impossibility that the 14th will count for anything.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

from the IT

Initial tallies coming in from constituencies across the country are showing electoral meltdown for Fianna Fáil, with a number of high profile figures in trouble.

Counting of votes has begun around the country, with an exit poll indicating that Fine Gael will lead the next government. While it will fall short of an overall majority, it will be the party’s best result in more than 28 years.

The poll, which was conducted by Millward Brown Lansdowne for RTÉ, predicted Labour’s best result in a general election to date, with Fianna Fáil putting in its worst ever performance.

Fianna Fáil appears to have been particularly badly hit in the Dublin area, where Brian Lenihan looks to be the only one of the party's 13 TDs in the capital who are contesting the election who will retain their seat.

According to the poll, Fine Gael is on 36.1 per cent, Labour is on 20.5 per cent, Fianna Fáil has slumped to 15.1 per cent, Sinn Féin is on 10.1 per cent, the Green Party were on 2.7 per cent and Independents and Others were on 15.5 per cent. The poll of 3,500 voters was carried out yesterday. The margin of error was 2.5 per cent.

Independent senator Shane Ross is on track to top the poll in the five-seater Dublin South, where tallies show he has 23 per cent of the first preference vote. Fine Gael is in a strong position to challenge for three seats, with . returning TDs Olivia Mitchell and Alan Shatter polling strongly. Their transfers may bring in running mate Peter Matthews. Labour’s Senator Alex White will probably take a seat, meaning Fianna Fáil's Senator Maria Corrigan and former Green Party minister Eamon Ryan will lose out.

In the four-seater Dublin Central, Fine Gael's Paschal Donohue is topping the poll with 21 per cent of the vote, followed by Labour's Joe Costello, Independent Maureen O'Sullivan and Sinn Féin's Mary Lou McDonald. Labour's Aine Clancy may pick up enough transfers to squeeze in, but Fianna Fáil’s Mary Fitzpatrick and her running mate Cyprian Brady appear to be out of the race.

In Dublin South East, another four-seat constituency, Fine Gael's Lucinda Creighton is topping the poll, followed by her running mate Eoghan Murphy. Labour's Ruairí Quinn and Kevin Humphries polled well ahead of Fianna Fáil’s Chris Andrews. Green Party leader John Gormley, on 6.5 per cent, looks to have lost his seat. Independent Paul Sommerville was also on 6.5 per cent.

With all boxes open in the four seater Dublin West, Fianna Fáil’s Brian Lenihan looks to have saved his seat with about 15.3 per cent of first preferences. Labour’s Joan Burton topped the poll ahead of Fine Gael’s Leo Varadkar and the ULA’s Joe Higgins. Fine Gael’s Kieran Dennison has 7.6 per cent.

In Dublin Mid West, Fianna Fáil's John Curran secured 12.3 per cent and is likely to lose his seat. Labour Party's Joanna Tuffy looks set to top the poll, slightly ahead of Fine Gael’s Frances Fitzgerald. The third seat is likely to go to Labour’s Robert Dowds, while Derek Keating of Fine Gael and Sinn Fein's Eoin O'Broin are in a battle for the fourth seat. The Green Party's Paul Gogarty is on 4.1 per cent and has conceded his seat. Gino Kelly of the ULA is at 6.1 per cent.

Labour looks set to take two seats in Dublin North West, with Roisín Shortall and John Lyons topping the poll ahead of Sinn Féin's Dessie Ellis. Former Fianna Fáil minister Pat Carey looks to have lost his seat.

After a full tally in the four seat Dún Laoghaire constituency, former Fianna Fáil ministers Mary Hanafin and Barry Andrews - who are on 9.2 per cent and 6.4 per cent respectively - look in danger of not being returned. Labour leader Eamon Gilmore, Fine Gael’s Sean Barrett and Fine Gael’s Mary Mitchell O’Connor are the frontrunners, ahead of the ULA’s Richard Boyd Barrett and Labour’s Ivan Bacik Outgoing Green Party TD Ciaran Cuffe was on 3.8 per cent.

Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin has polled strongly in the five seater Cork South Central, but it is unclear whether he can bring in his running mate Michael McGrath. Fine Gael’s Simon Coveney, Jerry Buttimer and Deirdre Clune are vying for a seat.

In Cork East, Labour’s Seán Sherlock will top the poll, Fine Gael’s David Stanton appears safe and may bring in a running mate, while Fianna Fáils are not sure of a seat, with Sinn Féin’s Sandra McLellan polling strongly.

Fine Gael may take two seats in Cork North Central, while Labour’s Kathleen Lynch looks on course to hold her seat. Outgoing Fianna Fáil TD Billy Kelleher is on 15.5 per cent but will struggle to get transfers, meaning Sinn Féin's Jonathan O'Brien may become the party’s first TD in Cork city for over 80 years.

In Cork North West, Fine Gael’s Michael Creed is poised to top the poll, followed by Michael Moynihan of Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael’s Aine Collins. In Cork South West, Fine Gael may take all three seats, though Fianna Fáil are battling for the final one.

Tallies in Mayo are putting Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny on over 31 per cent of first preference votes. It appears the party may four seats in the five-seater constituency, having taken some 66 per cent of votes.

Fine Gael’s finance spokesman Michael Noonan has taken 28 per cent of first preferences to top the poll in the five seat Limerick City constituency, according to tallies. Fianna Fáil’s Willie O'Dea is on 18 per cent, Labour’s Jan O'Sullivan is on 16 per cent, Maurice Quinlivan of Sinn Féin is on 12 per cent and Fine Gael’s Kieran O’Donnell is on 10 per cent.

In Donegal South West , Tánaiste Mary Coughlan appears to be in trouble. Independent Thomas Pringle has secured 13.5 per cent support according to the tally while Sinn Féin’s Pearse Doherty is polling strongly and out in front on 33 per cent. Fine Gael’s Dinny McGinley and Fianna Fáil’s Breen O’Donal are also in contention. Labour's Frank McBrearty is trailing badly.

In the five-seat Wicklow constituency, Fianna Fáil's Dick Roche appears to be struggling. His party is on 16.9 per cent, Fine Gael is on 40.2 per cent, Labour is on 13.8 per cent, the Green Party is on 1 per cent, Sinn Féin is on 9.4 per cent with Independent candidates securing 18.2 per cent support.

In the four-seat Louth constituency, Fine Gael's Fergus O'Dowd and Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams look untouchable They are followed by Labour’s Gerald Nash and Fianna Fáil pair Declan Breathnach and James Carroll.

In Wexford, Independent candidate Mick Wallace has topped the poll with 17.9 per cent, according to tallies. Fine Gael's Michael D'Arcy, Liam Twomey and Paul Kehoe will battling with Brendan Howlin of Labour for the other four seats.

Latest tallies in Clare show Fine Gael’s Pat Breen and Joe Carey taking seats, along with Independent Joe Breen and Labour’s Michael McNamara. Incumbent Fianna Fail TD Timmy Dooley appears to have lost his seat.

Tallies from Roscommon South Leitrim show Independent Luke ‘Ming’ Flanagan in position to take a seat. Latest figures show Fine Gael on 41.4 per cent, Fianna Fáil on 16.7 per cent, Labour on 6 per cent, Sinn Féin on 11.2 per cent and Independents, including Mr Flanagan, on 24 per cent.

In Kildare North, Labour’s Emmet Stagg topped the poll, according to tallies, and may take his running mate John McGinley with him. Fine Gael’s Bernard Durkan and Independent Catherine Murphy have poll strongly. The fourth seat looks to be between Mr McGinley, Fine Gael’s Anthony Lawlor and Fianna Fáil’s Aine Brady and Michael Fitzpatrick.

In Kildare South, Martin Heydon of Fine Gael appears to have topped the poll. Labour’s Jack Wall looks to have retained his seat, while the final spot will be between Fianna Fail's Sean Ó Fearghail and Seán Power and Independent Paddy Kennedy.

Sinn Féin’s Dáil leader Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin is likely to top poll in Cavan Monaghan, according to completed tallies, ahead of Fianna Fail’s Brendan Smith and Fine Gael's Joe O'Reilly.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... king8.html

Apparently FF are only polling 8% in dublin.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Emmet Stagg? Is new still around? I thought he'd scarpered with his thingy between his legs!
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

deco wrote:Emmet Stagg? Is new still around? I thought he'd scarpered with his thingy between his legs!
Yeah apparently Staggs are protected in the Phoenix Park, you can't get rid off them :wink:
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Barry Cowen looks home and dry! FFS :evil:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

deco wrote:Emmet Stagg? Is new still around? I thought he'd scarpered with his thingy between his legs!
Wasn't the problem that his thingy was between someone else's legs? :wink:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Thanks to the people of Louth for electing a foreign terrorist to the Dail.
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Leinsterman wrote:
Wasn't the problem that his thingy was between someone else's legs? :wink:
Can't stand the slimey fukr, but he has his nose browned from more arse than his knob could ever hope for! He would fill the Celbridge GAA hall at a minutes notice because he listens to everyone.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan