Whats your favorite Sambo?

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Amz
Mullet

Re: Whats your favorite Sambo?

Post by Amz »

Ciabatta with cranberry sauce, melted brie and turkey.

I'm bleedin' starvin' :(
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Did that shooter's sandwich for a cricket match last year, v enjoyable.

Hard to get good Reubens this side of the Pond but the Pig & Heifer one ain't bad.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

combatlogo wrote:
Hard to get good Reubens this side of the Pond but the Pig & Heifer one ain't bad.
Interesting. Only had one of them the other day in Fallon & Byrne. Was very tasty. Never heard of it before. Will be trying the P&H one next time in there.

Me well i am a man of simple tastes - whole grain brown bread half butter half mayo, lettuce, tomato,onion, cheddar cheese, ham.

Christmas/Stephens night - Batch loaf, real butter, left over roast ham. Cuppa
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
22dropout
Bookworm

Post by 22dropout »

Some Man Vs Food Sandwich highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1cGUsvqu2g

Not particullary tastey but its size is rediculous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIA0OaEF3uo

The dagwood..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqj4Ekpwx1U
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Nice
Fitzybobs
Bookworm

Post by Fitzybobs »

Muffuletta, it's the signature sandwich of New Orleans.
Sicilian sesame bread with marinated olive salad, layers of capicola, salami, pepperoni, emmentaler, ham and provolone.
If anyone know where to get one in Ireland, please let me know.

Failing that- batch, real butter, Christmas ham. Optional: Coleman's mustard or Chef (brown) sauce.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Batch + Smoked Bacon + Mozarella + Bick's Onion Relish. Washed down by a glass of yellow beer (ABB ie Anything but Budweiser). Rather pleasant experience overall
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

Eh hello, this is Leinsterfans here, whats with all the "arra, I do love a bit of ham and tayto on some batch bread", you focking bumpkins?

Anyway, I'm voting for Subway BMT. If I was making my own I'd go for a brie, tuna mayo and red onion toastie
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

gfo wrote:Eh hello, this is Leinsterfans here, whats with all the "arra, I do love a bit of ham and tayto on some batch bread", you focking bumpkins?

Anyway, I'm voting for Subway BMT. If I was making my own I'd go for a brie, tuna mayo and red onion toastie
Who you calling a bumpkin you Subway luvin scrote? :lol:
A real Leinster fan wouldn't touch that processed muck. The Swedish Food Company is where it's at.

p.s It's Thursday which can only mean one think - Italian BMT is the Sub of the Day uuummmm
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Scott wrote:The Swedish Food Company is where it's at.
Subway? Sweedish Food Co? None of this chain shop nonsense, Mortons deli counter sambo on think wholemeal bread, relish, salami or roast chicken or ham, 'slaw, red onion, grated cheddar, lettuce.

= lunchtime heaven
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Always the one that's in my hand and traveling towards my mouth. Also my next one always comes a close second.

PS: Deadly thread idea!
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Am reminded of meeting my other half's ex's brother in England about 20 years ago. He had moved over from Dublin and was working in Slough, whilst i was working in High Wycombe. I met him one afternoon in Slough (which at the time had the second largest non white population for a town in the UK). He told me that on his first day at work, he decided to make a good impression in his office. So he announced "I'm just going into town. Does anyone want a sambo?" The silence that met him left him as shock as the rapidness in which he was hauled into his Manager's office to be given a very quick lesson in UK Race Relations. Needless to say he never asked again!
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Hornet wrote:Am reminded of meeting my other half's ex's brother in England about 20 years ago. He had moved over from Dublin and was working in Slough, whilst i was working in High Wycombe. I met him one afternoon in Slough (which at the time had the second largest non white population for a town in the UK). He told me that on his first day at work, he decided to make a good impression in his office. So he announced "I'm just going into town. Does anyone want a sambo?" The silence that met him left him as shock as the rapidness in which he was hauled into his Manager's office to be given a very quick lesson in UK Race Relations. Needless to say he never asked again!
I didn't realise that sandwiches were offensive to ethnic minorities
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

TerenureJim wrote:
Hornet wrote:Am reminded of meeting my other half's ex's brother in England about 20 years ago. He had moved over from Dublin and was working in Slough, whilst i was working in High Wycombe. I met him one afternoon in Slough (which at the time had the second largest non white population for a town in the UK). He told me that on his first day at work, he decided to make a good impression in his office. So he announced "I'm just going into town. Does anyone want a sambo?" The silence that met him left him as shock as the rapidness in which he was hauled into his Manager's office to be given a very quick lesson in UK Race Relations. Needless to say he never asked again!
I didn't realise that sandwiches were offensive to ethnic minorities
My favourite Sambo has always been Bob Marley.

I'll get me coat
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Simple, good quality rashers on good quality brown bread with real butter= food of the Gods.
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

For anyone who works in town, Bolands is the king of sandwich bars
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Just had a very nice chorizo/roast chicken/red onion relish/garlic mayonnaise/S&V crisps on three-grain bread. I might have had crisps in a sandwich 2 or 3 times before in my entire life; all the talk here made me want to give it a shot.

Holy sh*t. It was delicious.
Leezer
Enlightened

Post by Leezer »

gfo wrote:For anyone who works in town, Bolands is the king of sandwich bars

+1 and the owner is a big rugby fan!
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Stalk me on ye olde Tweet Machine!!!!!!!
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Anyone like wraps :lol:
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

gfo wrote:For anyone who works in town, Bolands is the king of sandwich bars
Where is this Bolands you speak of ?
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”