1. Who benefits most by this. Norris' opponents, I'll give you that.
2. I am not my brothers keeper. Can't say that when Norris was actively trying to defend his former bf
3. How long ago is it since Norris was involved with the guy. They were separated 7 years when Norris provided a character reference. He still felt strongly enough for the man/issue to do it
4. Does the statute of limitations apply. Doesn't matter, he's supporting a paedophile and I'm not going to support that
5. Who cares, it's only the Presidency. Again, he was supporting a paedophile. I don't want to be represented by someone like that
6. So when is the dirt going to come out on the other candidates. You would need serious dirt to even come close to this. Unless Michael D. is a secret Nazi fugitive, David Norris is getting all the flak
9. IT'S A PALESTINIAN CONVICTED BY THE ISRAELIS - Hhhhmmmmmm? its a JEW convicted by JEWS
Re 4 & 5 - Splitting hairs here, but sex with a 15 old is statutary rape not paedophilia - Maybe that doesn't make that much difference if you're the victim.
Re 2 - I'm still not my brothers keeper. Once you compromise your "anything", you keep getting deeper and deeper into the mire.
Hence the phrase - Stop digging - Stop digging Norris. His main error could simply be misguided loyalty and speaking without knowing the facts.
(Which I'm certainly 100% guilty in this instance, so I think I'll stop digging after this post)
Re 3 - Emotion is a very hard thing to wipe out and dismiss it - Again misplaced loyalty. Also the defendent, at the time was presumed innocent (until found guilty presumably) and therefore entitled to present any evidence that he feels might help.
Should Norris have denied him of that presumption of innocence.
Again I hasten to add, I know nothing about the quality of Israeli justice. But given they are a nation under siege, I'd say don't mess with them.
Norris is unlikely to make a state visit there, should he be elected, which is now also unlikely.
Re 9. The fact he was a Jew would be even worse for him, as he would be regarded as a traitor surely!
The problem with all of this is that we will not get a rational, objective utterance of the facts from any quarter.
So Norris won't be judged by the facts - Why let the facts get in the way of a good story.
He also seems to be a little error prone.