The WTF thread

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: The WTF thread

Post by Dexter »

Reminds me of the time I had a query with Irish Rail. They used to have 10 journey tickets for the commuter trains, but then introduced weekly tickets (i.e. based on dates rather than number of journeys) and the 10 journey ones seemed to disappear without any notice.
I called and asked them were they still available, as for someone who works maybe a 3 day week the new ones were no use, but the journey based ones were ideal. The response from IR:
"No. They have been discontinued"
"Eh, why is that?"
"They didn't suit us"
"What about the customer? They suited a lot of commuters"
Long silence......
"What do you mean?"

:roll: No concept of a "customer"!
Dont Panic!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Hornet wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
ronk wrote: It's really simple, if you're a regular (once a week plus, but not a taxsaver) user of the bus then you should go down the shops and clear them out of Travel 90 10 journey smartcards. €3 per 10 journeys.

They must be phasing those out, are they?
No. They are supposed to be adding them to the Leap Card in the future. All the time they have had to introduce these at the start and they failed to do it. Morons.
The fuss over travel 90s is probably partly responsible for a small part of the delay. Those tickets are an anomaly and they're completely at odds with standard operating procedures. The default Dart/Dublinbus solution to an issue like that it to react with total paralysis and hope it goes away. They don't know any different, there's a serious lack of leadership.

It's kinda like the way they've effectively killed feeder buses just at a time when there was more need and potential for them, but they did so without officially ending them.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

ronk wrote:
The fuss over travel 90s is probably partly responsible for a small part of the delay. Those tickets are an anomaly and they're completely at odds with standard operating procedures. The default Dart/Dublinbus solution to an issue like that it to react with total paralysis and hope it goes away. They don't know any different, there's a serious lack of leadership.

It's kinda like the way they've effectively killed feeder buses just at a time when there was more need and potential for them, but they did so without officially ending them.
Have to disagree with you there Ronk. The London Oystercard facility quite happily deals with all sorts of variations, (20 odd Bus companies, Several Train Operating Companies, London Underground, DLR, Croydon Tramlink and Thames Riverboat). The card will deduct up to the value of a Peak or Off Peak Travelcard, (dependant on the time you first log on, Off Peak being after 10am, Weekends and Bank Holidays) dependant on the zones you travel through, (there are 6 zones plus 3 'special zones'). The card is being expanded to take into account the whole of the south east of England. It can also be loaded with reduced Railcard variations like Family railcards, Network Southeast Rail railcards, Senior Citizens railcards, etc. It can also take into account free travel in London between Midnight and 4am New Years Day. Tagging in and out is the same as Leap for all but Bus. You just Tag in on the Bus. Bus fares are at least 50% less using Oystercard than cash. (No Londoner that I know, who travels on Public Transport pays cash. They have their Oystercard). It helps that nearly all services have one flat fare. It is very impressive how quick a busy Bus Stop queue can load onto a Bus. The 'dwell time' (thats the time a Bus or Train actually stops at a Bus Stop or Station) is far less than an equivelent Dublin Bus. And you do not have the rank stupidity of having to ask the Driver to deduct the fare from your Leap card for a less than 13 stage journey. That for a smart card is utter madness, and does nothing to reduce 'dwell times'. Leap, for the years it has taken to reach the public is a light year away in flexibility as it's London counterpart. Sorry to go on, but i spent the best part of four years sitting next to an office where the integrated 'Smart Card' was discussed. And the one group who railed against it time and time again. Yes, you guessed. Dublin Bus. If it wasn't for them the integrated 'Smart Card' would have come into use when the Luas 'Smart Card' was introduced.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Don't know why you were disagreeing. Oyster card is so well worked out I wouldn't dream of seeing it here.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

A TRANSSEXUAL who impersonated Jordan to steal thousands of pounds from her accounts is facing jail.
Advertisement >>

Kerry Marshall, 18, tricked her way into Katie Price’s Sussex home by posing as a member of security staff.

She took details of the celeb’s bank account, then wore a blonde wig and sunglasses to visit banks and take out £1,000 and £1,500.

The teenager also bought a Mazda sports car, jewellery and other online goods using Ms Price’s credit accounts.

The star became aware of the fraud when three of her credit cards were declined.

Marshall, of Eastgate, Lincs, is undergoing an operation to become a woman and was previously known as Tyler Meadows. She has pleaded guilty to five charges of fraud in September and October.

Judge Sean Morris remanded her to custody for sentencing in the new year and said: “These are very serious offences. All options are open.”
LINKY

:lol: :lol: :lol:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Leinsterman wrote:
A TRANSSEXUAL who impersonated Jordan to steal thousands of pounds from her accounts is facing jail.
Advertisement >>

Kerry Marshall, 18, tricked her way into Katie Price’s Sussex home by posing as a member of security staff.

She took details of the celeb’s bank account, then wore a blonde wig and sunglasses to visit banks and take out £1,000 and £1,500.

The teenager also bought a Mazda sports car, jewellery and other online goods using Ms Price’s credit accounts.

The star became aware of the fraud when three of her credit cards were declined.

Marshall, of Eastgate, Lincs, is undergoing an operation to become a woman and was previously known as Tyler Meadows. She has pleaded guilty to five charges of fraud in September and October.

Judge Sean Morris remanded her to custody for sentencing in the new year and said: “These are very serious offences. All options are open.”
LINKY

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The similarities are uncanny :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
totalrandomer
Graduate

Post by totalrandomer »

John23 wrote:
The similarities are uncanny :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah. They're both skangers with fake t!ts.
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Post by brummie-leinster-man »

Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

brummie-leinster-man wrote:Is this the perfect woman?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... ginas.html
A womb with with a duo?
A proud Winsome Fluter
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... efits.html

The British government want to cap benefits at £26,000!!! £26 grand a year for doing SFA when I work 40 hours a week for £15,000!!

The biggest WTF was some Indian trollop on the news who claims every penny she gets for nothing saying "why should I have to give up my standard of living and move somewhere cheaper where I don't know anybody"

Makes my blood boil........I cant wait to get out of this horrible country! :evil:
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

yea £26k without being taxed!!!!!!!!
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

brummie-leinster-man wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... efits.html

The British government want to cap benefits at £26,000!!! £26 grand a year for doing SFA when I work 40 hours a week for £15,000!!

The biggest WTF was some Indian trollop on the news who claims every penny she gets for nothing saying "why should I have to give up my standard of living and move somewhere cheaper where I don't know anybody"

Makes my blood boil........I cant wait to get out of this horrible country! :evil:
You could move over here. Just don't get Ill and expect to see a Doctor, or stay in hospital for free.
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

kermischocolate wrote:yea £26k without being taxed!!!!!!!!
funnily enough, benefits are a taxable income! This does mean though that scroungers are entitled to tax rebates where apt. Good isn't it? :roll:
Hornet wrote: You could move over here. Just don't get Ill and expect to see a Doctor, or stay in hospital for free.
I don't stay in hospital for free...I have paid years of national insurance (since the age of 16) and since then all I've done is broken my arm playing rugby. So in hindsight I've paid thousands of pounds for a plaster cast....and still paying......
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

brummie-leinster-man wrote:
funnily enough, benefits are a taxable income! This does mean though that scroungers are entitled to tax rebates where apt. Good isn't it? :roll:
Hornet wrote: You could move over here. Just don't get Ill and expect to see a Doctor, or stay in hospital for free.
I don't stay in hospital for free...I have paid years of national insurance (since the age of 16) and since then all I've done is broken my arm playing rugby. So in hindsight I've paid thousands of pounds for a plaster cast....and still paying......
I pay PRSI (I also have 30 years of NI contributions). I have no Private Health Insurance. The "Public Health Service" here means having to pay €60 to see my Doctor or €100 to visit my hospital if not referred by the GP. Unlike the UK, Healthcare is not free at the point of use for the average PRSI paying punter. Ironically it almost as cheap for me to travel back to England to see my old GP than it is to walk down the road to see my local GP. Regards Welfare, i'm probably not best positioned to comment, as my last dealings, (apart from ensuring I have enough NI contributions paid to be able to claim a full UK State Pension), was six months disability allowance, after a RTA, in the mid 80's. (Just don't ask my view on child allowance for people with more than a couple of children).
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Hornet wrote:
brummie-leinster-man wrote:
I pay PRSI (I also have 30 years of NI contributions). I have no Private Health Insurance. The "Public Health Service" here means having to pay €60 to see my Doctor or €100 to visit my hospital if not referred by the GP. Unlike the UK, Healthcare is not free at the point of use for the average PRSI paying punter. Ironically it almost as cheap for me to travel back to England to see my old GP than it is to walk down the road to see my local GP. Regards Welfare, i'm probably not best positioned to comment, as my last dealings, (apart from ensuring I have enough NI contributions paid to be able to claim a full UK State Pension), was six months disability allowance, after a RTA, in the mid 80's. (Just don't ask my view on child allowance for people with more than a couple of children).
Ok, I wont........ :P
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

Unless you plan to share I don't really see the point
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

No such thing!
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

WTF happened to Jonah Hill since he filmed the Sitter and Moneyball

From this guy...

to this guy...

Some serious weight loss in a short time going on there