The WTF thread

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Re: The WTF thread

Post by Alternative Ulster »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Alternative Ulster wrote:So it was a boy dog then?

Fairly bizarre stuff.
The fact that it was a boy dog is the bizarre bit? :lol:
No, It's bizarre either way. Just the choice of words in the title. It does not just say sexual relations with a dog. It is more specific.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Champion Sports have the new jersey for €60. . . .they also have last years jersey reduced to err €60 :? :roll:
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

sheepshagger wrote:Champion Sports have the new jersey for €60. . . .they also have last years jersey reduced to err €60 :? :roll:
If i was a deaf / mute who had only gained my sense of sight this morning I know which jersey I would be spending my €60 on!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

€3.4bn.........................for a yacht

AN ANONYMOUS MALAYSIAN businessman has just dropped an incredible €3.4 BILLION on a yacht – made of solid gold.
That’s over ten times the amount Chelsea FC owner Roman Abramovitch spent on his megayacht, the Eclipse, which previously held the title of the world’s most expensive yacht.
There aren’t many people in the world who could afford such an extravagance, let along that many Malaysians – according to Forbes billionaires’ list, only three Malaysians have a net worth of $5 billion or more.
If the $3.4 billion figure is accurate – and a representative from Stuart Hughes, the yacht’s maker, says it is – the most likely buyer is Robert Kuok, the richest man in Malaysia, with a net worth of $12.5 billion.
Kuok is the founder of the Shangri La hotel group, which operates luxury hotels across Asia, but the bulk of his wealth comes from his stake in Wilmar – the world’s largest listed palm oil company.
The luxury took three years to complete and is covered in 100,000 kilograms of precious metals – including a hull made of solid gold.
The master bedroom is particularly lavish – it’s adorned in platinum, and has wall art made of meteoric stone and (wait for it) the bones of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Whatever floats your boat......
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Leinsterman wrote:Whatever floats your boat......
:lol: :clap:
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

A floating monument to bad taste, disgusting.
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

West Brit
Mullet

Post by West Brit »

I'm glad the Sun clarified that the hull wasn't solid gold. I'm no boat maker but I figured that a pure gold hull would hardly be strong enough for the open seas.

Not that the safety of an obscenely rich Malaysian was keeping me up at night...
Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14522670

Toddler rescued from rubbish container in Spain

A two-year-old girl has been found in a rubbish container in southern Spain after her parents allegedly abandoned her there, local officials say.

They say the toddler was rescued after residents of the town of Cabezo de Torres, near Murcia, heard sobbing sounds coming from a container.

The residents found the girl inside, saying she was "crying and sweating" with signs of panic on her face.

Her parents were detained after the incident late on Saturday.

The parents - who are reportedly of North African origin - are now awaiting trial on suspicion of neglect.

Police have not released the names of the suspects.

I have heard of people abandoning dogs but this is mental.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Post by brummie-leinster-man »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -home.html
They say beggars can’t be choosers.
But in the case of jobless Somali refugee Saeed Khaliif and his family, it seems they can.
The Mail yesterday revealed how the Khaliifs have been given a £2million home in one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, with taxpayers funding their £8,000-a-month rent.

The family had rejected a previous six-bedroom home in Coventry - where the bill for the public would have been a more reasonable £1,000 a month - simply because they wanted to live ‘closer to their friends’.

Yesterday the Daily Mail tracked down their old address in Coventry and found a beautiful semi-detached house in one of the city’s most desirable districts.
The red-brick Victorian property is situated opposite a park known as Gosford Green which has survived since the 1300s, and there is also a parade of shops and restaurants nearby.

Their fellow refugees in the area said the ‘very lucky’ family should have counted their blessings to have been given such a property.
Abdi Ibrahim, chairman of the Coventry Somali Community Network, a charity which works to integrate Somalis into the wider community, said: ‘In all my time in Coventry I have not even seen a six-bedroom house advertised for rent.

From yesterday's Mail
'My family have been stuck in three or four-bedroom accommodation - a six-bedroom house is exceptional. This family should really have stayed in the area because it is much cheaper than in London.’
Mr Khaliif, 49, moved to the seven-bedroom property in West Hampstead, North-West London, with his wife Sayida and their children after deciding their previous accommodation was too far from their friends, even though Coventry is barely more than an hour away by train.
Leafy West Hampstead is one of the most sought-after areas in London, and well beyond the reach of many well-heeled house-hunters in the capital.

On top of their free accommodation, the family is also thought to be eligible for a raft of benefits including incapacity benefit, income support and child benefit, which could potentially add many thousands of pounds to their monthly haul from the taxpayer.
The Khaliifs and their brood of children - eight youngsters have been seen at the property - fled war-torn Somalia and arrived in Britain about three years ago as asylum-seekers.
Since then, they are believed to have been granted refugee status, allowing them to claim benefits. Speaking via his children, who act as translators, Mr Khaliif said he had not worked since arriving in the UK and admitted he was on benefits.

Their new home has a 90ft garden and has been recently refurbished, with a large living room, sprawling kitchen, six double bedrooms - two with walk-in dressing rooms - and five shower rooms, four of which are en-suite. Another living room has been converted into a seventh bedroom.
Councillor Jonny Bucknell, who is on Camden council’s housing committee, said: ‘There are big families living locally who need more space, and I’ve never managed to get anyone rehoused.
‘It is shocking that these people can just turn up from out of town and get such a magnificent property. The whole country is rightly outraged.'
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

The Daily Mail wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -home.html

Abdi Ibrahim, chairman of the Coventry Somali Community Network, a charity which works to integrate Somalis into the wider community, said:'My family have been stuck in three or four-bedroom accommodation ’
Boo focking hoo.
The Daily Mail wrote:On top of their free accommodation, the family is also thought to be eligible for a raft of benefits including incapacity benefit, income support and child benefit, which could potentially add many thousands of pounds to their monthly haul from the taxpayer.
Speculation to fuel the outrage.

The Daily Mail, for all your racism and fearmongering needs.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Peg Leg wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Champion Sports have the new jersey for €60. . . .they also have last years jersey reduced to err €60 :? :roll:
If i was a deaf / mute who had only gained my sense of sight this morning I know which jersey I would be spending my €60 on!
Ah yes, but last years' could become a collectors item.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

RTÉ funding "Fade Street" for another series, yet another arguement to cut the TV licence
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

TerenureJim wrote:RTÉ funding "Fade Street" for another series, yet another arguement to cut the TV licence
There's no depths to which RTE won't stoop these days. Their publicity over their "new season" was thoroughly depressing. Not one decent show, just another barrel of the usual shite.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Fade Street should eventually make it onto THIS list.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Leinsterman wrote:Fade Street should eventually make it onto THIS list.
That list is far too short.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Having absolutely no idea what "Fade Street" was, due to my avoidance of watching anything on RTE if at all possible, I googled it. Apparantly, according to Wiki:
Fade Street is a Reality television show produced by, and shown on RTÉ 2 in Ireland. Its format is loosely based on the style of American Reality TV shows such as The Hills and The City. It follows the personal lives of several Irish twenty somethings as they live their lives in and around Dublin city.[3] The participants in the show work in a variety of jobs, with several of the shows participants working for Dublin based Stellar magazine.

RTÉ claims that the show is not scripted, but spontaneous. Like The Hills, many of the scenes in the show are manipulated by the shows creators
On the RTE site it also offers you the excellent opportunity to download the Fade Street app, and has a poll entitled:
What's been your favourite Fade Street highlight of this season?

Paul's arrival at Oxegen

Louise and Dani's big fight in the apartment

Shane's attempt to kiss Louise while on the Dublin Wheel

Vogue leaving the Stellar shoot clothes in the taxi

Cici's never ending quest to get her club night up and running
It looks like I missed another real gem from RTE!
Dont Panic!
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Dexter wrote:Having absolutely no idea what "Fade Street" was
Yeah have a read of the Herald and you'll see that the "stars" of Fade St are in it every single day. They're people who describe themselves as being models, models/DJ's etc. despite all being at best promotions girls if they're lucky and in terms of DJ action I wouldn't trust any of them to mix a gin & tonic. Basically the type of dregs of society who contribute nothing and would turn up at the opening of an envelope.