Barbecue wood

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Barbecue wood

Post by RoboProp »

Anyone know where I can my mitts on some decent wood for barbecue/smoking. I can only find small fecky bags in Woodies/Homebase etc. I'm looking for hickory, applewood what have you. At nice and reasonable prices and few KG sized bag. Doesn't seem to be anything online.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Re: Barbecue wood

Post by FLIP »

RoboProp wrote:Anyone know where I can my mitts on some decent wood for barbecue/smoking. I can only find small fecky bags in Woodies/Homebase etc. I'm looking for hickory, applewood what have you. At nice and reasonable prices and few KG sized bag. Doesn't seem to be anything online.
Website seems to be down right now but I usually get my stuff from http://www.smokedust.co.uk/ - although I am UK based.
Anyone But New Zealand
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

FLIP wrote:
RoboProp wrote:Anyone know where I can my mitts on some decent wood for barbecue/smoking. I can only find small fecky bags in Woodies/Homebase etc. I'm looking for hickory, applewood what have you. At nice and reasonable prices and few KG sized bag. Doesn't seem to be anything online.
Website seems to be down right now but I usually get my stuff from http://www.smokedust.co.uk/ - although I am UK based.
Will check to see if they deliver. I'm crazy about smoking chickens at the minute. The kids prefer it to burgers too which is a nice bonus.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

RoboProp wrote:
FLIP wrote:
Will check to see if they deliver. I'm crazy about smoking chickens at the minute. The kids prefer it to burgers too which is a nice bonus.
I've been doing a lot of my own cold smoking - the gear isn't as expensive! I've done smoked salmon, nuts, cheeses and veg. Just adds another dimension to everything
Anyone But New Zealand
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

Get yourself down to the Big Green Egg folks in Glasthule. It's opposite Cavistons. Proper chunks of Hickory, Apple, etc.