PM's

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

PM's

Post by Darce »

Got 2 mails this morning to say i had a PM. 1 at 8.40 the one at 8.50. But when i clicked on the link to the inbox there's no new PM's. Whats the story there???

If the person(s) that sent them read this, you may want to send them again.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: PM's

Post by limecat »

Darce wrote:Got 2 mails this morning to say i had a PM. 1 at 8.40 the one at 8.50. But when i clicked on the link to the inbox there's no new PM's. Whats the story there???

This gets asked fairly regularly. Somebody sent you a PM, then decided to edit it, which basically means that they take it back from their "outbox" before re-sending it...and then they removed it from their outbox completely. A PM stays in the senders outbox until it is read by the recipient, so they can "unsend" it if it hasn't been read.

LC.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

I think what the kitty is saying is: when someone sends you a PM, it goes to their outbox and the email is sent to you. The PM is only delivered to your inbox when you log in so the person sending the PM is still able to delete the PM sent to you before you log in. Just because you got an email, doesn't mean that the PM was delivered to you, it may have been deleted from the senders outbox before you logged in.

I think? :?
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

limecat wrote:
Darce wrote:Got 2 mails this morning to say i had a PM. 1 at 8.40 the one at 8.50. But when i clicked on the link to the inbox there's no new PM's. Whats the story there???

This gets asked fairly regularly. Somebody sent you a PM, then decided to edit it, which basically means that they take it back from their "outbox" before re-sending it...and then they removed it from their outbox completely. A PM stays in the senders outbox until it is read by the recipient, so they can "unsend" it if it hasn't been read.

LC.
Spank you!

Leinster Lady wrote:I think what the kitty is saying is: when someone sends you a PM, it goes to their outbox and the email is sent to you. The PM is only delivered to your inbox when you log in so the person sending the PM is still able to delete the PM sent to you before you log in. Just because you got an email, doesn't mean that the PM was delivered to you, it may have been deleted from the senders outbox before you logged in.

I think? :?
Yeah, got the jist eventually
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on