Polite Request

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

ckav wrote: Do you not think that a load of you arriving and departing en masse to and from Planet Rugby, all trotting out the same line in response to whatever issue is being debated, and all having a pop at Limecat/Eve/whoever, represents a clique?
Amazing how I can change your post to this and it fits just as nicely:

Do you not think that a load of you arriving and departing en masse to and from Munsterfans, all trotting out the same line in response to whatever issue is being debated, and all having a pop at whoever, represents a clique?
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

If you have a problem - there are ways and means. Several of them I can think of are mature!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

ckav wrote:Horribly cliquey nature?

WTF?

Do you not think that a load of you arriving and departing en masse to and from Planet Rugby, all trotting out the same line in response to whatever issue is being debated, and all having a pop at Limecat/Eve/whoever, represents a clique?

Whether its nature is horrible or not, is another debate altogether.
Only taken a year or so for one of your lot to come out and say it, hilarious that a boat load of you came from MF with the same thoughts and opinions on everything. I mean what would you do if you didnt have Flash to tell you what to think?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

epaddy wrote:
ckav wrote:Horribly cliquey nature?

WTF?

Do you not think that a load of you arriving and departing en masse to and from Planet Rugby, all trotting out the same line in response to whatever issue is being debated, and all having a pop at Limecat/Eve/whoever, represents a clique?

Whether its nature is horrible or not, is another debate altogether.
Only taken a year or so for one of your lot to come out and say it, hilarious that a boat load of you came from MF with the same thoughts and opinions on everything. I mean what would you do if you didnt have Flash to tell you what to think?
She could watch Tog Gun while listening to Foreigner I suppose.
I have Bumbleflex
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Well, I'm going to ignore all the sniping there and just answer the question!

We came from Munsterfans because we were like refugees, banished from a hostile land where nobody wanted us to begin with.

Once some enterprising bright sparks set up a "live and unplugged" site for Ladyboys like us, where we could talk rugby without having to justify why we were posting there in the first place, not being from 'round those parts, we were gone like bats from hell.

BTW, in response to that comment of yours, I'm not sure who is laughing harder at the moment, Flash or myself.... :lol: :lol: You clearly don't read much of what we discuss here. :wink:
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

ckav wrote:Well, I'm going to ignore all the sniping there and just answer the question!

We came from Munsterfans because we were like refugees, banished from a hostile land where nobody wanted us to begin with.

Once some enterprising bright sparks set up a "live and unplugged" site for Ladyboys like us, where we could talk rugby without having to justify why we were posting there in the first place, not being from 'round those parts, we were gone like bats from hell.

BTW, in response to that comment of yours, I'm not sure who is laughing harder at the moment, Flash or myself.... :lol: :lol: You clearly don't read much of what we discuss here. :wink:
Well as usual you were right in the middle of the sniping love, so I wouldn’t go taking the moral high ground on that one.

Banished my hole, you left and came back and left and came over and over after your repeated fishing trips backfired. No one ever banned you or asked you to leave in fact Dave is back posting on a regular basis and I have been there for years, so twisting the truth in this argument may not have been the best course of action.

Frankly I don’t give a f%~k where you came from but its clear that you haven’t liked where a lot of us came from, all going back to when you made a few very embarrassing posts on PR a few years back and sent some bizarre emails about you having balls. I still have it somewhere I think.

You say "Ladyboys like us" with your usual arrogance and superior tone that you use to describe how you set up the fictional LSC and were on the terraces back in the day when only 15 people turned up at 9pm on a Thursday with no floodlights and -15 degree weather in the middle of October. Get over yourself, very view care and many laugh at the pathetic attempts at getting attention and credit.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

epaddy wrote:
ckav wrote:Well, I'm going to ignore all the sniping there and just answer the question!

Well as usual you were right in the middle of the sniping love, so I wouldn’t go taking the moral high ground on that one.

Banished my hole, you left and came back and left and came over and over after your repeated fishing trips backfired. No one ever banned you or asked you to leave in fact Dave is back posting on a regular basis and I have been there for years, so twisting the truth in this argument may not have been the best course of action.

Frankly I don’t give a f%~k where you came from but its clear that you haven’t liked where a lot of us came from, all going back to when you made a few very embarrassing posts on PR a few years back and sent some bizarre emails about you having balls. I still have it somewhere I think.

You say "Ladyboys like us" with your usual arrogance and superior tone that you use to describe how you set up the fictional LSC and were on the terraces back in the day when only 15 people turned up at 9pm on a Thursday with no floodlights and -15 degree weather in the middle of October. Get over yourself, very view care and many laugh at the pathetic attempts at getting attention and credit.

I'm going to quote this in its entirety, just to make sure it remains as is.

1. Planet Rugby - all the malicious sniping stopped after I called you on it, as I recall. So if you dish it out, don't forget that you have to take it too.

2. as to laughter for attention and credit - do you honestly think I care that people laugh at me? If I did, why would I continue to turn up at the same places as those people on a regular basis? It's a shame you think that way, but really, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it one way or another.

Regarding mf.com - I do'nt care whether you or Dave or whomever else posts there or not! I haven't since I found this site - I've no reason to. I don't read that site with any kind of regularity these days.

Epaddy, you post some really good stuff about rugby, and when you're not being silly or attempting to hurt people, what you say makes sense. Hopefully you'll revert to that in time, but maybe you won't. Either way, what you, your mates, and whomever else you chat to thinks of me, is really not my issue, or my concern. You barely know me - I think I only met you once and I wouldn't recognise you if I passed you on the street.... :?
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

ckav wrote:I'm going to quote this in its entirety, just to make sure it remains as is.

1. Planet Rugby - all the malicious sniping stopped after I called you on it, as I recall. So if you dish it out, don't forget that you have to take it too.

Lies. No such thing ever took place.
Unless you can provide a link to it......
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ePaddy, few points:

1. I don't really think anybody who has openly admitted on this forum that they get some kind of kick from deliberately winding people up and upsetting them is really in a position to complain about being censored. If you don't want to be treated like a tw@t, don't act like one.

2. I also think somebody who believes that he posesses the exclusive right to decide what is and isn't a club (fictitious or otherwise :wink: ) is in a position to cite anyone for arrogance.

3. On cliqueness. Rubbish. Leinsterfans, supporters group/club whatever you want to call them is not cliquey. Its totally open to everyone and anybody who wants to participate can do so. And many do. I remember coming home from Belgium in 2003 and was immediately made to feel welcome. And my personal experience is that anybody who wanders down to the bar after matches or on tour or wherever is chatted too/made feel welcome etc. And that includes you. As you know. There are people who have similar opinions - as there are in any social group, political party, office whatever. That's not cliquey. If it is, then you could DEFINITELY be accused of the same thing.

I honestly don't think I've heard a constructive suggestion from you on anything. You criticise people who do an hell of a lot to promote Leinster and the fan base constantly and do the square root of fock all except snipe and complain. Which is a shame, because you're obviously intelligent and know a lot about rugby and I'm sure you'd have a lot to add. Its kind of like people who can't be orsed voting whinging about politicians.

PS - as for me telling Ckav how to think :lol: :lol: :lol: ……on this (unlike most things) I agree with her, you clearly haven't been reading the forum recently…….
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Re: Polite Request

Post by Duff Paddy »

Leo The Lion wrote:
As I said I think this is a good site run well. I enjoy reading most posts here but find it a bit hard to take when people slag off the Mods.

Again my point stands, If you dont like the site leave. If you want to use the site maybe lay off the mods.
what the hell is this place - 1930's Germany? Criticism is a good thing you know - every second post of this site appears to be "well done Limey" "you're the best Limey" "can I suck your c~*k Limey" - for the love of christ yes we all know he runs this website out of his own pocket and time and fair play to him but NEWSFLASH: WE GET THE PICTURE. There are issues about how this site is run and if posts are being deleted then epaddy or whoever is bang within his rights to question it. A lot of posters have stopped posting on this site as they think it's a laughing stock whereby a small clique dominate all threads, perpetuating some very strange ideas under the guise of the famous yet ficticious Leinster Supporters Club. I frequently get asked why I still bother posting on here by people who have long since stop bothering - my answer is to that is why let this site go to shite when it still has the potential to be salvaged - to be a true forum for discussion about Leinster and that means a platform for all opinions including those ones that actually like the club and schools games, the game as played outside the elite professional level. I know you lads don't realise this but people read these anti club and schools threads and think that you are a bunch of nutjobs - I hear it regularly people saying what the f%~k is the story with those lads claiming to be the Leinster Supporters Club. Anyway, back to the point, you all left munsterfans as it became far too mono-opinionated, too cliquey and too hostile towards different opinions and irony of all ironies, you're taking lf.com down the same road yourselves.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Leo The Lion wrote:
As I said I think this is a good site run well. I enjoy reading most posts here but find it a bit hard to take when people slag off the Mods.

Again my point stands, If you dont like the site leave. If you want to use the site maybe lay off the mods.
what the hell is this place - 1930's Germany? Criticism is a good thing you know - every second post of this site appears to be "well done Limey" "you're the best Limey" "can I suck your c~*k Limey" - for the love of christ yes we all know he runs this website out of his own pocket and time and fair play to him but NEWSFLASH: WE GET THE PICTURE. There are issues about how this site is run and if posts are being deleted then epaddy or whoever is bang within his rights to question it. A lot of posters have stopped posting on this site as they think it's a laughing stock whereby a small clique dominate all threads, perpetuating some very strange ideas under the guise of the famous yet ficticious Leinster Supporters Club. I frequently get asked why I still bother posting on here by people who have long since stop bothering - my answer is to that is why let this site go to shite when it still has the potential to be salvaged - to be a true forum for discussion about Leinster and that means a platform for all opinions including those ones that actually like the club and schools games, the game as played outside the elite professional level. I know you lads don't realise this but people read these anti club and schools threads and think that you are a bunch of nutjobs - I hear it regularly people saying what the f%~k is the story with those lads claiming to be the Leinster Supporters Club. Anyway, back to the point, you all left munsterfans as it became far too mono-opinionated, too cliquey and too hostile towards different opinions and irony of all ironies, you're taking lf.com down the same road yourselves.
Duff, you are entitled to your opinion on schools and club rugby - would you please explain why anybody who disagrees with your opinion is a "nutjob"? Strikes me that this an incredibly arrogant viewpoint.

From a personal viewpoint, I've been very surprised by the blind defence of anything that is club rugby on this site from you and others. The club game is going down the tubes in this country and it's precisely because people aren't prepared to accept challenge that this is happening in my view. You will note that some of the criticism is coming from guys who both played and were involved in clubs for years. That being said, you're obviously perfectly entitled to your view - and I'm not going to strop off in some hissy fit calling you a nutjob because you have the cheek to have an alternate view.

As for the cliqueness, you need to elaborate. Because all I see is more and more people getting involved - every time we have an activity more and more people are becoming involved. Most of the people I go to games with are people I didn't know at the beginning of the season.

On ePaddy, well, if there are specific incidents you want to raise on him - or if he wants to, why don't we discuss them? From my part - I see the guy posting here and saying that he deliberately engages in winding up people to get a kick out of them reacting. I'd put it to you that this doesn't exactly build a case for him being given an awful lot of sympathy in this area.

As for the LSC - it is not fictitious. Buses don't appear fictitiously, quizz nights don't happen fictitiously, socials don't happen fictitiously, flags/drums etc don't appear fictitiously, negotiations with the branch on away trips don't happen fictitiously etc etc I could go on. From my perspective, there's a lot more happening and a lot more momentum coming from the LSC than there are in many of the clubs I'm close to.

You may not want to be part of it, and that's your perogative. I wish people like you would get involved - I'd definitely support you if you wanted to be part of it because I think all views should be represented and in my experience diversity of views creates strength. To be honest, anybody can knock and criticise from the outside and offer no constructive suggestions whatsoever. But I personally respect people who make the effort to offer constructive suggestions for change.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Duff, you are entitled to your opinion on schools and club rugby - would you please explain why anybody who disagrees with your opinion is a "nutjob"? Strikes me that this an incredibly arrogant viewpoint.
I am telling you what your average Kiely's going punter thinks - I have heard it so many times. If you don't accept that there has been a strong anti clubs and anti schools theme on this website in the past 6months or so, then I give up.
Flash Gordon wrote:From a personal viewpoint, I've been very surprised by the blind defence of anything that is club rugby on this site from you and others.
Flash it's not blind defence - it's generally a defence from some of the outrageous rubbish that gets thrown their way on this site. The very fact that you call it blind defence says a lot about your position and how much you have taken on aboard.
Flash Gordon wrote:The club game is going down the tubes in this country and it's precisely because people aren't prepared to accept challenge that this is happening in my view.
That is a massive over-simplification and an argument for another day. Suffice to say that it's easy to throw out a line like that, to identify all the solutions from behind your pc, but in the real world, some highly able people - people who have been much more successful in life than you or I - haven't been able to find a solution so maybe give them a bit more credit eh.
Flash Gordon wrote: You will note that some of the criticism is coming from guys who both played and were involved in clubs for years.
Yes that's fair enough but times have changed and the situation is very different now than it was.
Flash Gordon wrote:As for the cliqueness, you need to elaborate. Because all I see is more and more people getting involved - every time we have an activity more and more people are becoming involved. Most of the people I go to games with are people I didn't know at the beginning of the season.
The clique comment referred to the fact that the same half dozen people apparently dominate virtually every single thread on this forum and people who don't tow the party line are usually persona non grata, hence the mass exodus compared to when the site started.
Flash Gordon wrote:On ePaddy, well, if there are specific incidents you want to raise on him - or if he wants to, why don't we discuss them? From my part - I see the guy posting here and saying that he deliberately engages in winding up people to get a kick out of them reacting. I'd put it to you that this doesn't exactly build a case for him being given an awful lot of sympathy in this area.
Careful now Flash - glass houses and all that. I've seen you throw out some awful rancid bait. Epaddy is a very addition to any forum if you ask me - he throws out a lot of controversial stuff that generates a bit of reaction fair enough, but if there wasn't a hint of truth to any of it then people wouldn't react. He plays devil's advocate more often than not but at least he's straight up about it, it's fair enough in my book.
Flash Gordon wrote:As for the LSC - it is not fictitious. Buses don't appear fictitiously, quizz nights don't happen fictitiously, socials don't happen fictitiously, flags/drums etc don't appear fictitiously, negotiations with the branch on away trips don't happen fictitiously etc etc I could go on. From my perspective, there's a lot more happening and a lot more momentum coming from the LSC than there are in many of the clubs I'm close to.
It's true that all those things do happen but that doesn't make it a supporter's club - and that's that the "ficticious" bit applied to. Again, an argument for another day.
Flash Gordon wrote:To be honest, anybody can knock and criticise from the outside and offer no constructive suggestions whatsoever. But I personally respect people who make the effort to offer constructive suggestions for change.
Don't be afraid of criticism Flash, it's the makings of great things.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Sorry but "the average Kiely's punter" doesn't cut it. I go down to Kiely's after most games and I'd see 40 or 50 people i know who don't hold that view.

The Club system is criticised. Absolutely. But FFS, a system that is falling into seemingly irreversible decline, seems incapable of reforming its structure, is commercially unviable and is singularly incapable of even retaining half the rugby players who leave school deserves to be criticised. Frankly, anybody who felt that all was ok with clubs has very little grip on reality in my view.

On people finding solutions. I think you're wrong. People can and have found solutions. International rugby is becoming more successful and more widely supported than ever before. The same is true of Provincial rugby. The one outlier is the clubs.

On the clique comment - there are people who post more than others and usually have an opinion on most things. I'm one of them. I'd say Dave Cahill is another. Myself and Dave have had some extremely heated debates. I'm not sure we agree on ANYTHING! Yet we're good mates.

I don't know about mass exodus - I haven't noticed it - site registrations are up, average daily traffic is ok. Who are you talking about? As for persona non grata - well, to be perfectly honest, that's often how some other posters feel when you and your mates round on them. Certainly people sometimes engage in discussions that do get heated and people do sometimes say things they regret (God Knows I've done it.... :oops: ) but you and yours are at least as equally guilty of it.

ePaddy is a self confessed wind up merchant who has openly admitted he deliberately winds people up to get a kick out of a reaction or upsetting people. The fact that he's straight up about it doesn't make him a better person. You know, not everybody gets the game. The wind up game actually hurts and offends some people.

As for throwing out rancid bait. I don't get you. Are you suggesting that i deliberately post stuff to provoke people? I can honestly say that's not true. I like many people can lose it sometimes but its a spur of the moment thing and if I do, I usually try to sort it out privately.

On the supporters club - well, it does exist in my book. If it doesn't in yours, that's fine. The club will be constituted in the summer, i ask you again, why don't you run for it. I'll support you.

I agree with your comment on criticism making great things. You might want to think about that sentiment and your attitude to the club and school game.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Ok, I probably shouldn't say anything and just walk away, but I can't.

I have to agree with eP (in part) and DP on this. Fact is lf.com is a clique, and at this point in time there is SFA actual rugby talked by most posters. I click mark all topics read more often than read them, and don't really bother to log in / post as much anymore. If I want opinions & discussions on rugby I'll go to mf.com or pr.com. Thats life.

btw, I have no problem with the mods.

wrt to Clubs / Schools etc. I think the majority of the criticism comes from people who have little or no current involvement with Clubs & Schools rather than criticism from within. I have little or no connection with schools rugby, I think the SCT is a great comp, but I'm the first to put my hand up and say that the system is flawed by being so schools biased, but I'd never even think of getting rid of it completely.

wrt to the "LSC", in reality, it doesn't actually exist. True Robbie is performing the same job he always has done, the tshirts etc were sold thru a seperate entity, per se, and a Working Group has been convened as a predecessor to the LSC, but that's all it is, a Working Group. The predominat role of the Working Group is to actually set up the LSC, its position, its role & its objectives (AFAIK) rather than to actually purport to be the LSC. Until an AGM is convened and a representative body of all supporters is elected the LSC does not exist.
Last edited by harryp on April 18th, 2007, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Duff Paddy wrote: I frequently get asked why I still bother posting on here by people who have long since stop bothering - my answer is to that is why let this site go to shite when it still has the potential to be salvaged
DITTO
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

You know Harry, I'm genuinely surprised at you because you know exactly what's going on in terms of work behind the scenes and the amount of effort its taking to get stuff set up and to do stuff. Only last week I spent the best part of two working days trying to pull together a tag team, which was open to everybody (no cliques) and is all inclusive....oh and by the way I stuck 500 quid of my own money into it as a loan. A team that you have signed up for by the way. On one of the other days I spent nearly a full working day trying to get brand sponsorship for supporters. And I can tell you all the working group are doing the same.
As for the legal definitions of what the LSC or whatever its called is - how about nobody does anything until we've all come up with some stupid piece of paper to prove that we exist? Or how about we all just agree it doesn't exist, we all go home and do fock all because its not written down.

On the school or club structure. First up I don't think you're right on critics not having played. But for me that's almost irrelevant to be honest. Not having played doesn't mean you can't have an opinion - this is a messageboard, its raison d'etre is to collect opinion. That's like saying, if you haven't been a TD or a councillor you're not allowed an opinion on politics.

As for this clique, what is it and how does it manifest itself? Frankly I think that assertion is just wrong.

The reality is that more people than ever before are registering, that activities organised here have NEVER been more popular - all activities are posted up here and they are open to everyone. How is that cliquey?

And after all your comments on cliqueness and not being able to talk rugby, you come back and say that your response is to post on Munsterfans? That really and trully is an amazing statement.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Flash Gordon wrote:...you know exactly what's going on in terms of work behind the scenes and the amount of effort its taking to get stuff set up and to do stuff. Only last week I spent the best part of two working days trying to pull together a tag team, which was open to everybody (no cliques) and is all inclusive....oh and by the way I stuck 500 quid of my own money into it as a loan. A team that you have signed up for by the way.
Saved. Bwahahaha.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:...you know exactly what's going on in terms of work behind the scenes and the amount of effort its taking to get stuff set up and to do stuff. Only last week I spent the best part of two working days trying to pull together a tag team, which was open to everybody (no cliques) and is all inclusive....oh and by the way I stuck 500 quid of my own money into it as a loan. A team that you have signed up for by the way.
Saved. Bwahahaha.
Sorry? :?
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

No need to apologise. It is pretty cringeworthy alright, but an apology isn't warranted.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Duff Paddy wrote:No need to apologise. It is pretty cringeworthy alright, but an apology isn't warranted.
Why do you find it funny that someone is prepared to put themselves out for their fellow fans?
I have Bumbleflex