Schools Rugby 2009-10 - SCT

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Doyler

Re: Schools Rugby 2009-10 - SCT

Post by Doyler »

The above result from the KH v High School is wrong. KH won 20 - 8 and picked up a bonus point to remain unbeaten and top of there group. They play Wesley on Wednesday. They have a very goot team this year and an excellent pack containing 3 rep players. Un beaten so far this season.
hittheruck
Beginner

Post by hittheruck »

RoscoBosco wrote:Newbridge beat Gonzaga 8 - 6 in the league on wednsday
Can anyone name the newbridge team at the moment. Absolutely nothing on their web site. I wanted to know their back-line??
rugbyrugby
Beginner

Post by rugbyrugby »

I believe Clongowes are very strong, beat rock by 10 points which is impressive. Newbridge or Castleknock are supposed to be handy too. Looking forward to the cup draw. Any other interesting results
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

rugbyrugby wrote:I believe Clongowes are very strong, beat rock by 10 points which is impressive. Newbridge or Castleknock are supposed to be handy too. Looking forward to the cup draw. Any other interesting results
rock aren't great, they've got no ireland schools players, an understregth michaels team beat them 24-12 in rock last week
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
dbleinster09

Post by dbleinster09 »

newwbridge arnt good, some poor results, most notably 48-6 to marys. cwc looking very strong, rumour has it rock had players chosen but wernt allowed go?
lebowski
Learner

Post by lebowski »

Senior Cup Draw 2010
A. Kings Hospital V Clongowes
B. Kilkenny V Qualifier 1
C. Qualifier 2 V Roscrea/Gonzaga (winner)
D. St Mary's V Qualifier 3

E. St Michael's V Newbridge
F. Qualifier 4 V Castleknock
G. St Gerard's V Terenure
H. Belvedere V Blackrock
-0-

Post by -0- »

VINNIE MURRAY (QUALIFER FOR SENIOR CUP)

Templeogue college

A. St Andrews Q1
Pres Bray
C. High School
Skeries
E. De La Salle
St. pats Navan
H. C.U.S
cwcmafia
Beginner

Post by cwcmafia »

true blue 06 wrote:
rugbyrugby wrote:I believe Clongowes are very strong, beat rock by 10 points which is impressive. Newbridge or Castleknock are supposed to be handy too. Looking forward to the cup draw. Any other interesting results
rock aren't great, they've got no ireland schools players, an understregth michaels team beat them 24-12 in rock last week
Yeah well I heard that the Rock team were seriously understrength.Who did Michaels get in the Vinnie Murray?
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

Keep an eye on St.Gerards,they beat St.Marys 18/0 last saturday.
Doyler

Post by Doyler »

Any update on St Gerards, semi final result. KH beat Newbridge in semi final 23- 15. Good match played in awful conditions. Newbridge forward sin binned early on was very lucky not to be red carded ref bottled it.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

Doyler wrote:Any update on St Gerards, semi final result. KH beat Newbridge in semi final 23- 15. Good match played in awful conditions. Newbridge forward sin binned early on was very lucky not to be red carded ref bottled it.
Newbridge any use? i had heard they were good but the above result suggests otherwise
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Kickingking
Beginner

Post by Kickingking »

The St. Gerard's v Kilkenny College semi-final has been rescheduled for next Wednesday in Carlow. The Carlow pitch was unplayable since before last Saturday's postponed AIL Division 3 game. I heard that Mary's gave Kilkenny a game on Wednesday and beat them 14-10. So on the basis of the two team's performances against Mary's I think we'll make Gerard's firm favourites to meet KH in the final.

I hope KH will give Clongowes a run for their money in the Senior Cup - it would be good for the competition to see at least one upset by one of the Section B schools this year. However, I saw Clongowes in the Blackrock tournament and they gave Methody a good run for their money so I'd say they'll be hard to stop from reaching the final on that side of the draw.
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Kickingking wrote:The St. Gerard's v Kilkenny College semi-final has been rescheduled for next Wednesday in Carlow. The Carlow pitch was unplayable since before last Saturday's postponed AIL Division 3 game. I heard that Mary's gave Kilkenny a game on Wednesday and beat them 14-10. So on the basis of the two team's performances against Mary's I think we'll make Gerard's firm favourites to meet KH in the final.

I hope KH will give Clongowes a run for their money in the Senior Cup - it would be good for the competition to see at least one upset by one of the Section B schools this year. However, I saw Clongowes in the Blackrock tournament and they gave Methody a good run for their money so I'd say they'll be hard to stop from reaching the final on that side of the draw.
I saw Clongowes on Saturday, beat CBC 5-3, scrappy game. The potential SB upsets are Newbridge (although I don't personally think they have much hope versus a brilliant Michaels), CBC or Zaga versus St Marys, Gerrads over Nure or indeed KH over Clongowes. Anything could happen but the caveat is that the big 6 always keep their hand ready for the Cup. They'll be drilled and primed for it.
Doyler

Post by Doyler »

Any news on St Gerards Kilkenny semi final ?. KH beat St Marys 15-3 yesterday. The score line dose not flatter KH, totally dominated
the match they should of scored more. The KH pack blew Marys away. Looking forward to the Cup.
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

When does Belvo v Rock take place?
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
sam.D

Post by sam.D »

kings hospital can be serious contenders for the big upset this year
they are currently unbeaten having just finishe an unbeaten tour of south africa with 6 games
and are now 14 - 0 although they are not playing top teams to often it is still difficult to maintain a season without losing
they have beaten newbridge, cbc, kilkenny, roscrea, pres bray,gonzaga,and it would apear now marys
i hope they manage to pull a huge upset and beat clongows would be entertaining to see a team like this in the later rounds
hinzo

Post by hinzo »

Monkstown will win both the vinnie murray and senior cup because of the following
1-an absolute legend at 10 who mirrors Dan Carter with a bit more power.
2-a powerhouse centre partnership with buckets of pace.
3-a monstrous pack who combine their power with silky skill.
4-a coaching ticket with spades of experience.
denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

The day one of these meeky schools wins the cup is the day i stop following it. If my son lost too gonzago or kings i would thrash him for a month.
Kickingking
Beginner

Post by Kickingking »

Gerard's beat Kilkenny 13-7 in the other semi-final. By all accounts it was a very close match after a very early try by Gerard's. So the final is a repeat of last year which was won by Gerard's. They have Eric miller on the coaching ticket this year.
blue09

Post by blue09 »

I cant see clongowes getting past kh. I saw them last week against pres cork and they lost 27-5 and the week b4 they just got past cbc monkstown. I hear michaels are an excellent outfit!