All Ireland League - Thread

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

simplythebest
Enlightened

Re: All Ireland League - Thread

Post by simplythebest »

Darce wrote:
cwebber82 wrote:A lad I work with plays for Bective and claims he gets paid by the club. He won't tell me how much. Should I believe him?
If he's playing AIL for them, it's probably true that he gets a match fee. Would generally be in the region of 100 to 500 euro. An average would be about 200 I'd with some of the better or overseas players pulling in more.

Fergus Slattery is leading a lobby to return the AIL to full amateur status
I wonder does that have anything to do with the fact that Blackrock RFC are broke?
LEINSTER pour toujours
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

simplythebest wrote:
Darce wrote:
cwebber82 wrote:A lad I work with plays for Bective and claims he gets paid by the club. He won't tell me how much. Should I believe him?
If he's playing AIL for them, it's probably true that he gets a match fee. Would generally be in the region of 100 to 500 euro. An average would be about 200 I'd with some of the better or overseas players pulling in more.

Fergus Slattery is leading a lobby to return the AIL to full amateur status
I wonder does that have anything to do with the fact that Blackrock RFC are broke?
Aren't they all?
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Scott wrote:Aren't they all?
This. They are all f%~ked basically. There are one or two exceptions but many have long term debts of over 1 million euro. It's also true to say that Rock are by no means the worst, indeed they are one of the few clubs to actually turn a profit last year.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Big day for Marys tomorrow against Young Munster.

Shame that Gareth 'Logie' Logan will miss out due to injury. Great servant to the club and an absolute gent.

Munsters would love nothing more than to come down to Templogue and spoil Marys party but if Marys keep their cool I think they should win with something to spare.
Jackal
Bookworm

Post by Jackal »

Looking forward to Mary's and Munsters tomorrow! Should be good match with YM out to spoil the party as mentioned but Mary's should see it out. Hope its good anyway and its on the box!
uncle fester
Beginner

Post by uncle fester »

Many here going to Templeville or LR?
Looks nice outside so should be a great day of rugby.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

uncle fester wrote:Many here going to Templeville or LR?
I'll be at Templeville. Hard to know what to wear though with the crazy weather. Heavy pitch jacket and beanie hat or light jacket and baseball cap? I've a feeling I'll regret whatever decision I'll make.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Marys...always with the drama!!
Mac_Chops
Beginner

Post by Mac_Chops »

A Sexton scoring two tries to come from behind and win a (kind of) final? Heard that before.. :happy clapper:
uncle fester
Beginner

Post by uncle fester »

Donny B. wrote:
I'll be at Templeville. Hard to know what to wear though with the crazy weather. Heavy pitch jacket and beanie hat or light jacket and baseball cap? I've a feeling I'll regret whatever decision I'll make.
Think I passed you on the stand. The Tallaght jacket stands out. Do you have a goatee like your avatar?
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

......and Wanderers are relegated.....
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

uncle fester wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Think I passed you on the stand. The Tallaght jacket stands out. Do you have a goatee like your avatar?
He does indeed. Donny is a beautiful man with a pristinely manicured, delicately cultivated designer facial hair

It's to make up for whats missing on top.....legger!!!
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Darce wrote:
uncle fester wrote: Think I passed you on the stand. The Tallaght jacket stands out. Do you have a goatee like your avatar?
He does indeed. Donny is a beautiful man with a pristinely manicured, delicately cultivated designer facial hair

It's to make up for whats missing on top.....legger!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :D
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

uncle fester wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
That's me. Was fecking roasting in my big jacket so dumped it in the clubhouse for the second half. Was a great day and a cracking match.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

As Tallaght's match was called off at the last minute, I made the Marys - Ul Bohs match.

Marys blew a load of try-scoring chances in the first half and ended up holding on for a 17-13 win.
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Cork Con 22 Tarf 20. Con get the winning try in the eigth minute of injury time.

Tadhg Furlong impressed for Tarf in the loose & especially in the tight. Colm O'Shea looked good as well.
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

Furlong & former academy prop Royce Burke-Flynn had the Con scrum (featuring John Ryan) under serious pressure from start to finish, the ref seemed quite happy for the prop Furlong was demolishing to continually drop his bind when a half decent referee would have binned him & rewarded a clearly dominant scrum.

You could hear some of Furlong's tackles from the side-line.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Marys v Lansdowne tonight under lights at Templeville. Should be a good match. Lansdowne have started like a train and Marys have lost key men from last season like Gavin Dunne and Hugh Hogan. Being streamed on Irishrugby.ie but can't testify to how good the quality will be.
christy
Bookworm

Post by christy »

Jack Mc Grath is playing Tight head for Marys tonight
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Stream is stable, quality is a little low. can't really read the numbers on the shirts.

Particular highlight for me thus far was Mick Quinn telling us all that Thailand was a 'great place to get a massage'....
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on