All Ireland League - Thread

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: All Ireland League - Thread

Post by Darce »

Stream is stable, quality is a little low. can't really read the numbers on the shirts.

Particular highlight for me thus far was Mick Quinn telling us all that Thailand was a 'great place to get a massage'....
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Jaysus it was brass monkeys out there. Mad game. Lansdowne had very little possession overall but were absolutely lethal in the backs when they did. Five tries to Nil. Marys missing a lot of key men. Do any Marys heads on here know what the story is with Brophy, Grissing, Bradshaw, Hall and Croke? Gavin Dunne was on the bench tonight and they badly need him back. That Burke fella may have got a couple of caps for Munster way back when, but he's awful.

As for Lansdowne they look sh!t hot in the backs but still a little lightweight up front. Jack O'Connell scrummaged well against Jack McGrath and made one particular run and pass early on that was so good, I actually mistook him for a centre. If they can bulk up their pack a bit they'll be strong contenders. Marys certainly won't be retaining their title anyway.
christy
Bookworm

Post by christy »

Not sure whats up with Mary's they are missing a heap of players. Darragh Fanning is heading back to them in a few weeks he has played the last few seasons in Austrailia and he had a season with Connacht. I was disappointed with McGrath at TH last night Marys scrum didnt steady up on till Rob Sweeney came on and McGrath moved to loose head. Mary's were really missing a finisher last night I dont think the scoreline is a fair reflection of the match. Mary's will be a different animal altogether when they get those players back.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I thought the McGrath at tighthead thing was over but both Leinster and Marys seem to be pushing back that way.
christy
Bookworm

Post by christy »

Mc Grath is still only 23 i think it would be foolish to completely write off his chances of playing TH. He has the frame to play TH and he is happy to play either side
He was up against a decent front row last night in Sexton, Moore and O'Connell. I think he has to have a real go at making it as a TH because it will be a long time before someone shifts Healy out of the #1 jersey.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

christy wrote:Mc Grath is still only 23 i think it would be foolish to completely write off his chances of playing TH. He has the frame to play TH and he is happy to play either side
He was up against a decent front row last night in Sexton, Moore and O'Connell. I think he has to have a real go at making it as a TH because it will be a long time before someone shifts Healy out of the #1 jersey.
Moore was named in the programme but he didn't start,

As Emmett Byrne will tell you, McGrath's biggest problem is he's too wide in the shoulders for a tighthead. There's too much of him to hit in the scrum.
christy
Bookworm

Post by christy »

I've never heard Emmett Byrnes comments on him before. My one concern about him playing LH is his size he may lack the mobility expected of a LH in the modern game. He is currently nearly 2st heavier than Healy and our 3rd largest prop after Ross and Moore, That's a lot of extra bulk to be carrying around.

Bent 6'1" 18st'8lb
Hagan 6'3" 18st 12lb
Healy 6'1" 17st 8lb
McGrath 6'1" 19st 2lb
Ross 6'2" 19st 13lb
Van der Merwe 6'0" 17st 11lb

Academy
Ed Byrne 5'11" 16st 9lb
Furlong 6'0" 18st 1lb
Moore 5'11" 19st 5lb
O'connell 6'2" 17st 13lb
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Watch Tarf V' Lansdowne live tonight @ http://www.aertv.ie/
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Anyone watching this game? Landsdowne slipping here...
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Just back from the Marys game. Marys were leading 16-6 but f**ked up bad and managed to concede an injury time try for Belvo to win 18-16.

They look like they're following Belvo's example of being champions one season and relegation battlers the next.
Bite and Belloq
Learner

Post by Bite and Belloq »

Mary's got their try and then just stopped playing rugby. It was actually a nice piece of heads-up thinking for the score by McMahon and Hogan and it would've ben nice to have had a chance to have seen the latter and the lively Belvo right wing [Murphy?] go head to head more often. The game descended into poor ping-pong in the second half though and tbh the last ten minutes were spent waiting for Mary's to commit hara kiri, which they promptly did.

Credit to Belvo though for keeping at it. Fair to say that they didn't get a whole lot from the ref either.

Was that curry as nice as it smelled?
Marta was watching the game with me when she said, "You know, most of these sports are based on the idea of one group protecting its territory from invasion by another group." "Yeah," I said, trying not to laugh. Girls are funny.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Bite and Belloq wrote:Mary's got their try and then just stopped playing rugby. It was actually a nice piece of heads-up thinking for the score by McMahon and Hogan and it would've ben nice to have had a chance to have seen the latter and the lively Belvo right wing [Murphy?] go head to head more often. The game descended into poor ping-pong in the second half though and tbh the last ten minutes were spent waiting for Mary's to commit hara kiri, which they promptly did.

Credit to Belvo though for keeping at it. Fair to say that they didn't get a whole lot from the ref either.

Was that curry as nice as it smelled?
Didn't try it, but did smell lovely alright. Spot on in your summation of the game. Marys hardly had the ball after their try and their play at the end was as dumb as it gets. They were terrible at the breakdown all night too which made D'Arcy's refusal to play the ball unless it was on a platter for him all the more frustrating.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Marys lost at home 22-13 to Cork Con. Con pack was much stronger and they deserved their win. Marys really didn't start playing until the last 20 minutes and though he played well and scored a try Matt D'Arcy's captaincy is just awful. The couldn't win a lineout to save their life yet they kept kicking to touch and kept losing the ball. Just moronic. Good to see Darren Hudson back and looking fit. Darragh Fanning had a strong game on the other wing too.
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

Tarf had a good win at Shannon, Flanagan played well and set up first try with great break. Reid at 15 kicked 10 points in very windy conditions.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

bamboozle wrote:Tarf had a good win at Shannon, Flanagan played well and set up first try with great break. Reid at 15 kicked 10 points in very windy conditions.
Just as well you bloody did from Marys POV. Champions to relegation battlers in the space of six months, Old Belvo all over again!
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

and hopefully we beat you lot this fri night finally!

I think Mary's and Clontarf have had similar seasons, first teams both ravaged by injury. i cant see Shannon survive and if they do it will be at UL Bohs expense as their pack is too light to pick up many points during the winter months.

Should be a great match this fri night, looking forward to seeing McGrath & Furlong at scrum time.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Rock toughed it out against Malone. 3 on the bounce now.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

bamboozle wrote:and hopefully we beat you lot this fri night finally!

I think Mary's and Clontarf have had similar seasons, first teams both ravaged by injury. i cant see Shannon survive and if they do it will be at UL Bohs expense as their pack is too light to pick up many points during the winter months.

Should be a great match this fri night, looking forward to seeing McGrath & Furlong at scrum time.
I'd be surprised if you didn't to be honest, Marys look really lost this season.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Big weekend ahead cam Lansdowne win away from home 2 weeks in a row? Will Garryowen keep the pressure on? Anyone else likely to spring from the chasing pack?
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

at this point i dont think Lansdowne can be caught, Clontarf have a run of 3 homes games now and with injuries finally clearning up i'd expect 3 wins, if anything Garryowen might drop off a wee bit with Clontarf & Con finishing season battling out for 2nd and 3rd.