Remax leinster League

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Theboss
Learner

Re: Remax leinster League

Post by Theboss »

Scrums will be quite even, mullingar were been driven off their own ball by a seven man pack on saturday. Both teams have a very good scramble defense so i cant see a 25 point gap
hands away
Bookworm

Post by hands away »

the boss is spot on, mullingar have won 1 game in the last 4 months and u think they'll win by 25 pts?? will be a tight game and gorey showed last year when they're up against it, they're very dangerous. both are good battlieng sides so wont be one sided, and will probably be ugly at times too
Let the bears pay the bear tax!
The Galloping Ghost
Learner

Post by The Galloping Ghost »

groundhog wrote:
I hear there was all sorts of controversy at the Cill Dara game and that there was a reaction to the ref by supporters at the end of the game. If they attacked the ref they could be in serious trouble with the Branch. This is all 2nd hand info though. Was anybody at the match that could give the full story?
Jaysus GG, that's some rumour mongering, it's Leinster League rugby not the Wicklow Junior Football championship.

Most bizarre finish to a game that I can ever remember

- 4 mins into injury time Skerries concede their second successive penalty on their 5m - Cill Dara opt for scrum and are going for their 2nd push-over try and bonus point win
- Scrum goes through 90, the front rows didn't but anyhow scrum awarded to Skerries
- Cill Dara hammer Skerries scrum - ball coming back on Cill Dara side, Skerries 2nd row plays ball with hand and ball pops out
- referee starts to puts up arm to award penalty and probable penalty try but changes his mind and waves play on
- Skerries run the ball from behind the posts, Cill Dara concede penalty in 22 and receive yellow card
- Skerries run ball and after 3 more phases Cill Dara concede another penalty on the half-way - referee awards another yellow card
- a couple more penalties later and no yellow cards and in the 11th minute of injury time Skerries score under the posts
- then Skerries dodgy kicker who early in the game missed a penalty in front on the posts placed the ball too close to the posts, moves towards the ball but is charged down
- but the referee had his back turned to all this and was chatting to the Skerries bag man when he heard the cheers, turned around all confused and ordered a retake, and of course the laws state you can't charge down a retake

- So a lot of emotion at the end of the game, some unflattering verbals aimed at ref, Skerries Supporters and Cill Dara supporters but nothing particularly nasty and all parties including the ref retired to the bar afterwards to discuss whether it was larceny, justice (there was another controversial incident earlier in game that went in Cill Dara' favour) or just life....

Who'd be a ref?
Cheers for that GH, always interested in the goings on across the Plains. Sounds like one hell of a finish to the game.
dteddy
Beginner

Post by dteddy »

Theboss wrote:Scrums will be quite even, mullingar were been driven off their own ball by a seven man pack on saturday. Both teams have a very good scramble defense so i cant see a 25 point gap
And that says alot since the ash scrum isnt the strongest in the league
munster5
Beginner

Post by munster5 »

Jaysus GG, that's some rumour mongering, it's Leinster League rugby not the Wicklow Junior Football championship.

- 4 mins into injury time Skerries concede their second successive penalty on their 5m - Cill Dara opt for scrum and are going for their 2nd push-over try and bonus point win
- Scrum goes through 90, the front rows didn't but anyhow scrum awarded to Skerries
- Cill Dara hammer Skerries scrum - ball coming back on Cill Dara side, Skerries 2nd row plays ball with hand and ball pops out
- referee starts to puts up arm to award penalty and probable penalty try but changes his mind and waves play on
- Skerries run the ball from behind the posts, Cill Dara concede penalty in 22 and receive yellow card
- Skerries run ball and after 3 more phases Cill Dara concede another penalty on the half-way - referee awards another yellow card
- a couple more penalties later and no yellow cards and in the 11th minute of injury time Skerries score under the posts
- then Skerries dodgy kicker who early in the game missed a penalty in front on the posts placed the ball too close to the posts, moves towards the ball but is charged down
- but the referee had his back turned to all this and was chatting to the Skerries bag man when he heard the cheers, turned around all confused and ordered a retake, and of course the laws state you can't charge down a retake

- So a lot of emotion at the end of the game, some unflattering verbals aimed at ref, Skerries Supporters and Cill Dara supporters but nothing particularly nasty and all parties including the ref retired to the bar afterwards to discuss whether it was larceny, justice (there was another controversial incident earlier in game that went in Cill Dara' favour) or just over half of this is untrue!!
CaptainPlanet
Beginner

Post by CaptainPlanet »

munster5 wrote:Jaysus GG, that's some rumour mongering, it's Leinster League rugby not the Wicklow Junior Football championship.

- So a lot of emotion at the end of the game, some unflattering verbals aimed at ref, Skerries Supporters and Cill Dara supporters but nothing particularly nasty and all parties including the ref retired to the bar afterwards to discuss whether it was larceny, justice (there was another controversial incident earlier in game that went in Cill Dara' favour) or just over half of this is untrue!!
As a Skerries supporter I can't see whats untrue with the description above as it seems pretty accurate from what I can remember. Time wise I wasn't sure how much injury time was played but I did think the game was up when the ref blew for a ball about 5 mins before the scrums on the Skerries 5. Don't know how Cill Dara didn't get a penalty try from those scrums and thought the yellow cards were deserved for Cill Dara. I thought our kicker moved back slightly but he said he didn't but either way the ref wasn't paying attention. Also heard that the Cill Dara players kept saying to give away penalties so the game would finish not realizing the ball had to go dead.

But back to the original point the summary is pretty accurate.
LeinsterMan11

Post by LeinsterMan11 »

by hands away » February 1st, 2011, 10:58 am

the boss is spot on, mullingar have won 1 game in the last 4 months and u think they'll win by 25 pts?? will be a tight game and gorey showed last year when they're up against it, they're very dangerous. both are good battlieng sides so wont be one sided, and will probably be ugly at times too

Believe me I know my Remax Leinster rugby, I'm not being arrogant or condescending I just feel that if Mullingar are able to get quick ball to their backs the game will be a one sided tie. Mullingar will need a good referee at weekend. It doesn't matter that they have only won one game in the last 4 months, I have been watched Mullingar play 5 or 6 times this season and they have been very unlucky with mistakes, refereeing decisions, etc. Mullingar are one of the most impressive teams I have seen play this season with ball in hand.
They simply have too much class for an average Gorey side
chrisboy
Beginner

Post by chrisboy »

LeinsterMan11 wrote:

Believe me I know my Remax Leinster rugby, I'm not being arrogant or condescending I just feel that if Mullingar are able to get quick ball to their backs the game will be a one sided tie. Mullingar will need a good referee at weekend. It doesn't matter that they have only won one game in the last 4 months, I have been watched Mullingar play 5 or 6 times this season and they have been very unlucky with mistakes, refereeing decisions, etc. Mullingar are one of the most impressive teams I have seen play this season with ball in hand.
HA HA! Troll !!
Theboss
Learner

Post by Theboss »

LeinsterMan11 wrote:

138 Points this season, second only to Wexford in the lowest scoring teams? Mullingar will be lucky to be in this division next year. They have Roscrea away, Clane, Kilkenny, Clondalkin. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash Gar, but I dont see your logic. Ashbourne conceded about 20 penalties against Gar, yet still won by 13 points? Dont see the referee argument here. If their backs are that good (which I don't think they are) then the forwards need to create that platform. Gorey at home, the game will be tight.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

CaptainPlanet wrote:
munster5 wrote:Jaysus GG, that's some rumour mongering, it's Leinster League rugby not the Wicklow Junior Football championship.

As a Skerries supporter I can't see whats untrue with the description above as it seems pretty accurate from what I can remember. Time wise I wasn't sure how much injury time was played but I did think the game was up when the ref blew for a ball about 5 mins before the scrums on the Skerries 5. Don't know how Cill Dara didn't get a penalty try from those scrums and thought the yellow cards were deserved for Cill Dara. I thought our kicker moved back slightly but he said he didn't but either way the ref wasn't paying attention. Also heard that the Cill Dara players kept saying to give away penalties so the game would finish not realizing the ball had to go dead.

But back to the original point the summary is pretty accurate.

Is it likely that there will be repercussions for Cill Dara for verbally abusing the referee if this report is correct?
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

:roll:
The French pulled up the Scots' kilts and discovered they had no balls - Zinzan Brooke
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

Is it likely that there will be repercussions for Cill Dara for verbally abusing the referee if this report is correct?[/quote]

There are no reprecussions, because the refereef was not abused, if there had been the ref would have filed any incidents in his report and charges would have been brought forward. The summary of what happened is covered by Groundhog and Captain Planet above.

As for Munster5, he is just wumming....

By way Congratulations to Cill Dara who have gotten one of their former players capped for the first time. Fergus McFadden played his mini rugby at Dara before going to Clongowes :clap: :clap: :clap:
Experience is the name everyone gives to their failures
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

silly punt wrote:Is it likely that there will be repercussions for Cill Dara for verbally abusing the referee if this report is correct?
There are no reprecussions, because the refereef was not abused, if there had been the ref would have filed any incidents in his report and charges would have been brought forward. The summary of what happened is covered by Groundhog and Captain Planet above.

As for Munster5, he is just wumming....

By way Congratulations to Cill Dara who have gotten one of their former players capped for the first time. Fergus McFadden played his mini rugby at Dara before going to Clongowes :clap: :clap: :clap:[/quote]

- So a lot of emotion at the end of the game, some unflattering verbals aimed at ref, Skerries Supporters and Cill Dara supporters but nothing particularly nasty

No malice intended, just the above quote had me wondering given the warnings etc issued by LR this year to all clubs about players, supporters, officials abusing refs.
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

Don't mistake unflattering verbals for abuse, categorically I can state the ref wasn't abused. So please refrain from taking my observation completely out of context.
The French pulled up the Scots' kilts and discovered they had no balls - Zinzan Brooke
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

groundhog wrote:Don't mistake unflattering verbals for abuse, categorically I can state the ref wasn't abused. So please refrain from taking my observation completely out of context.
At no point did I refer to you,unless I'm mistaken (and apologies if I am) my quote was that from Munster5' s post. On top of that, if anyone has read the guidelines issued by LR, then "unflattering verbals" could possibly fall foul of the guidelines. Obviously, the ref had some cop on and didnt mistake "passion" for aggression.
hands away
Bookworm

Post by hands away »

Leinster League - Division 1A

Newbridge vs Dundalk away win
Cill Dara vs Coolmine away win
Tullamore vs Co Carlow home win

Leinster League - Division 1B

Monkstown vs New Ross home win
Portarlington vs Enniscorthy away win
Tullow vs Garda away win
West Offaly Lions vs Wicklow away win + bonus

Leinster League - Division 2

Gorey vs Mullingar home win
Clondalkin vs Clane home win
Longford vs Edenderry home win
Wexford Wanderers vs Kilkenny away win
Let the bears pay the bear tax!
dteddy
Beginner

Post by dteddy »

LeinsterMan11 wrote:

You know ur remax leinster league rugby alright don't you :green clap: :green clap: :green clap:
Theboss
Learner

Post by Theboss »

LeinsterMan11 wrote:

Gorey 13 - Mullingar 0, I'm no Mathematician but thats 3 Points scored by Mullingar in 2 matches? Hardley the best backline in the league. So much for 25 points.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Theboss wrote:
LeinsterMan11 wrote:

Gorey 13 - Mullingar 0, I'm no Mathematician but thats 3 Points scored by Mullingar in 2 matches? Hardley the best backline in the league. So much for 25 points.
I hope Mullingar can dig themeselves out of this. I saw them recently and thought that they would beat Gorey too. Having said that Gorey are a tough team too.

Clondalkin have a load of games in hand so the league title is still close.
r e seeding
Learner

Post by r e seeding »

yea it hard to know what way the Div 2 will end

I see clon couldnt play at clane this weekend so it leaves the LB wih a fixture headache as they will surly have to level the amount of games played for a fair competition