Tallaght R.F.C. recruiting new players!

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Tallaght R.F.C. recruiting new players!

Post by Donny B. »

From Tallaght R.F.C.

"Tallaght Rugby Club is now recruiting players for all ages from juniors to seniors.

All levels welcome! From novices to experienced players.

We are looking for

- Players

- Managers

- Coaches

- Referees

- Members

Training to begin 28th August 7.30 PM at the Postal Club Kiltipper Road

http://www.tallaghtrugby.com - Email:info@tallaghtrugby.com or peter.f.turner@bms.com

Brian C: 086 8892387 - Stephen - 0861542956"
Last edited by Donny B. on July 17th, 2007, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Are they expecting many new players this year?

I think they only had one senior team last year, playing J4 - but I hear their underage teams are doing okay.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Duff Paddy wrote:Are they expecting many new players this year?

I think they only had one senior team last year, playing J4 - but I hear their underage teams are doing okay.
yeah, just the one J4 team. Underage structure is good though. they produced 3 or 4 Leinster youth players and one Ireland U/19 player
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Just been and had a look at the grounds where they will be playing (Dublin Postal Sports & Social Club).

Good facilities, even has a cheap gym with all the required gear (I think they give a discount on the joining fee if you belong to the RFC). . Upstairs theres even a newly refurbished bar with a big screen :D
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

sheepshagger wrote:Just been and had a look at the grounds where they will be playing (Dublin Postal Sports & Social Club).

Good facilities, even has a cheap gym with all the required gear (I think they give a discount on the joining fee if you belong to the RFC). . Upstairs theres even a newly refurbished bar with a big screen :D
Could we be seeing Sheepshagger lining out for Tallaght RFC then? :wink:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Duff Paddy wrote:Are they expecting many new players this year?

It's hard to say Duffer. This year we're certainly doing more of a recruitment drive with a poster campaign. They're also some of the junior lads from last year joining the J4s.

It's a big plus now with the new home at the postal club. As SS says the facilities there are excellent, with the gym, and the recently renovated bar. There's loads of new apartments around the area so hopefully we might get a few members of there. Maybe even a certain Antipodean! :wink:
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Good stuff trotsky - looks optimistic for you lads. I remember playing them last year and what they really lacked was a couple of old heads to steady the ship - but it's very early days and if they've a recruitment drive on... I mean, all they need is one or two disgruntled Gick or Marys players and they'd be laughing.

No shortage of tallaght lads reffing tag rugby superleague I see...
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Duff Paddy wrote:Good stuff trotsky - looks optimistic for you lads. I remember playing them last year and what they really lacked was a couple of old heads to steady the ship - but it's very early days and if they've a recruitment drive on... I mean, all they need is one or two disgruntled Gick or Marys players and they'd be laughing.

No shortage of tallaght lads reffing tag rugby superleague I see...
Fock, that's the last thing they need!!! :lol:
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Duff Paddy wrote:I mean, all they need is one or two disgruntled Gick or Marys players and they'd be laughing.
Is that not what Parkmore is there for? :lol:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

thecoolfreak wrote:
Could we be seeing Sheepshagger lining out for Tallaght RFC then? :wink:
Not sure yet :? - tested the bars Pints last night, they were very nice pints in nice surroundings indeed :D
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Just a reminder for anyone who's interested, pre-season training starts at 7.30 tomorrow at the postal club in Kiltipper. (PM me if you need directions).

Anyone who wants to come along is welcome, even if they've never played the game before.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

harryp wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:I mean, all they need is one or two disgruntled Gick or Marys players and they'd be laughing.
Is that not what Parkmore is there for? :lol:
CYM surely?
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
TheRugbyDude
Bookworm

Post by TheRugbyDude »

Rugby. Tallaght.

Two words that should NEVER be used in the same sentance.

Can the common people of WC Dublin please stick to their chavball and Dublin GAA antics, and leave the game they play in heaven to those who earn six figures a year.

Yours in Rugby...etc
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Surely this guy has used up his 9th life
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

sarah_lennon wrote:Surely this guy has used up his 9th life
I think hes an important part of leinsterfans. If nothing else he reminds that the bible was right about some things.
I have Bumbleflex
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

TheRugbyDude wrote:Rugby. Tallaght.

Two words that should NEVER be used in the same sentance.

Can the common people of WC Dublin please stick to their chavball and Dublin GAA antics, and leave the game they play in heaven to those who earn six figures a year.

Yours in Rugby...etc
:lol: :lol: :lol:

As predictable as ever.

I still can't believe this is a real person. Has to be a joke.

Surely, no-one can be this much of a poisonous cretin!
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Dave Cahill wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:Surely this guy has used up his 9th life
I think hes an important part of leinsterfans. If nothing else he reminds that the bible was right about some things.
And that we should be ever mindful of the fact that the gene-pool could use some chlorine.

:D
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
TheRugbyDude
Bookworm

Post by TheRugbyDude »

AHAAHAHAHAHAH,

Looks like Talafornia didnt manage to recruit many players! I heard from inside sources that you had to cancel a game at the weekend due to lack of numbers!! Thats plain EMBARRASSING :lol: :lol:

Were all the heads over watching Celtic or something??

Its wrong to interfere with nature. Stick to the chavball and stay well away from God's Game
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

TheRugbyDude wrote:AHAAHAHAHAHAH,

Looks like Talafornia didnt manage to recruit many players! I heard from inside sources that you had to cancel a game at the weekend due to lack of numbers!! Thats plain EMBARRASSING :lol: :lol:

Its wrong to interfere with nature. Stick to the chavball and stay well away from God's Game
Post reported ... I think it's high time you were shown the door (Don't think it's the first time you've ever been shown it neither).
When Google can't find something, they Norris it.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

TheRugbyDude wrote:AHAAHAHAHAHAH,

Probably had more to do with a certain game in France the night before, but adding two and two together would probably be beyond a bigoted cretin like you.