J4 Metro League Fixtures

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Re: J4 Metro League Fixtures

Post by LeopoldButters »

TheRugbyDude wrote:I find it hillarious that a poster (Leopold) who appears to play for Stillorgan is demanding fully contested scrums - any time ive played with, or against that shower, their scrum retreats like an Italian tank!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :happy clapper: :clap: :green clap:
what a pathetic little man. lets be honest all you know about rugby is to stand in Kielys drinking a pint of "Heino" with your sunglasses on your head looking like a tool! I would have thought your expert knowledge of the game would have sorted the scrum out when you played for that "shower"

Just a pathetic little man! :roll:
HUCKER RUCKER
Beginner

Post by HUCKER RUCKER »

didnt mean to start a slagging match lads, just tried to work out a commonsense approach to scrummaging issue, which obviously is a contentious issue judging by how some feel about it on here. all i said was that our club have formally made a request to the branch to make changes and ask others to do the same. necessity is the mother of invention, if you need front rowers, you will find them.
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

HUCKER RUCKER wrote:didnt mean to start a slagging match lads, just tried to work out a commonsense approach to scrummaging issue, which obviously is a contentious issue judging by how some feel about it on here. all i said was that our club have formally made a request to the branch to make changes and ask others to do the same. necessity is the mother of invention, if you need front rowers, you will find them.
well said!
vagga
Bookworm

Post by vagga »

As you can only push 1.5metres in the scrum at J4 level, whoever said that uncontested scrums have cost certain teams the league is having a laugh.
The point is, which everyone has missed it seems, is that when we walk out with a large front row of unfit fatties [as my club does, there are 6 or 7 of us going for the 3 J4 front row slots] and the other team show up with skinny, fit back rown players in their uncontested front row they can have extra line out options and we get killed around the field in the loose..

..in several of these games we have done well early on only to loose the game in the last 1/4 where their 'extra' fit players in the uncontested front row gives them a massive advantage..
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

vagga wrote:
As you can only push 1.5metres in the scrum at J4 level, whoever said that uncontested scrums have cost certain teams the league is having a laugh.
The point is, which everyone has missed it seems, is that when we walk out with a large front row of unfit fatties [as my club does, there are 6 or 7 of us going for the 3 J4 front row slots] and the other team show up with skinny, fit back rown players in their uncontested front row they can have extra line out options and we get killed around the field in the loose..

..in several of these games we have done well early on only to loose the game in the last 1/4 where their 'extra' fit players in the uncontested front row gives them a massive advantage..
can we have one or two of them?
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

vagga wrote:
It's the same with our lot. We go to the trouble of recruiting and training props but as soon as the other team see that we have them, they cry "uncontested scrums" and we're at a disadvantage due to the reasons you've laid out.
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

vagga wrote:

Actually not having a front row does'nt help the lineout at all. Fewer lifters and no hooker to throw in.
Soundgav2
Learner

Post by Soundgav2 »

Leinster J4 League Quarter Finals on Saturday 15th March at 12:00 noon:

St Marys College v Old Wesley

Old Belvedere v De La Salle Palmerston

Coolmine v Terenure College

Clontarf v Lansdowne

The semi finals will be a week later on Saturday 22nd March at 3:00 pm:

St Marys College or Old Wesley v Old Belvedere or De La Salle Palmerston (toss of a coin to decide home venue)

Coolmine or Terenure College v Clontarf v Lansdowne (toss of a coin to decide home venue)

The final will be on Saturday 29th March at 3:00 pm
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Anyone want to predict the 4 semi finalists?
I would have thought Marys, DLSP, Terenure and Clontarf would progress.....
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Old Belvo will amazingly find some very talented players just in the time for the cup and beat DLSP I reckon.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Duff Paddy wrote:Old Belvo will amazingly find some very talented players just in the time for the cup and beat DLSP I reckon.
In fairness they already have a pretty talented side, judging by the way they won the league.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Donny B. wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Old Belvo will amazingly find some very talented players just in the time for the cup and beat DLSP I reckon.
In fairness they already have a pretty talented side, judging by the way they won the league.
Well I have played them a few times and they are not known for playing the same team in the league as they do in the cups. This is really a disgrace and the Leinster branch have to get this sorted - a system like hockey whereby you are tied to your team for the season (bar one or two floating players in the club) would put a stop to this farce.
vagga
Bookworm

Post by vagga »

Observe that its Nure J4 B who got thru, and not Nure J4 A!

I wonder how many of the starting 15 from the last J4 B match will start the match against Coolmine :D
Skyhawk
Mullet

Post by Skyhawk »

Belvo will walk it this year.
Skyhawk
Mullet

Post by Skyhawk »

Just to add, last year Belvo had two J4 sides, this year they have one, I cannot see them beaten this year.
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

Skyhawk wrote:Just to add, last year Belvo had two J4 sides, this year they have one, I cannot see them beaten this year.
Can't say I've seen Belvo play, but having played against Mary's, I'd fancy their chances of going all the way.
remoh
Beginner

Post by remoh »

Skyhawk wrote:Just to add, last year Belvo had two J4 sides, this year they have one, I cannot see them beaten this year.
Don't know about that, having seen cill dara beat Belvo this year, have to say they might be beaten. :wink:
Monster Fan
Beginner

Post by Monster Fan »

Tarf won their section unbeaten.
might be up for it this year.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Monster Fan wrote:Tarf won their section unbeaten.
might be up for it this year.

They've a good outhalf but their pack is not amazing. I wouldn't see them going much further*

*Depends on how many bangers they use obviously.
Monster Fan
Beginner

Post by Monster Fan »

Duff Paddy wrote:

*Depends on how many bangers they use obviously.
Same for every team left i suppose