Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Post by jrc »

true blue 06 wrote: at 10-7 to rock, rock had an advantage uner the cwc posts, mcginty , the rock 9 got penalised for a dummy at the ruck, rock never got the ball back from this and it led to the cwc kick. i dont really understand the rule, the rock players seemed a bit bemused too
Don't think it was McGinty, I think it was a big second row in there for some reason. He did dummy, and the rules are the rules. Ref had already called 'advantage over' from the advantage he was playing for Rock for a couple of minutes.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Show Spoiler:
St. Mary’s College 27 v 10 Gonzaga College
Marys Gonzaga result in spoiler in case anyone wants to watch on Setanta tonight.

Belvo beat Roscrea 13 -3
A proud Winsome Fluter
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

looks like belvo are really struggling to live up to expectations, 3-3 at half time
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Vincent_Dunlop
Beginner

Post by Vincent_Dunlop »

CBC Micaheals result in Spoiler for anyone who wants to watch it tonight!
Show Spoiler:
CBC 30-3 Micheals

Very comprehensive win!
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

monkstown 30-3 st.michaels

cbc were bigger better stronger . michaels were blown off the park by the ref but monkstown fully deserve it, hope they win it. felt very sorry for noel reid, he gave it his all and outhalf was one of few positions where michaels were better. fair play to cbc though
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

WINNER
Beginner

Post by WINNER »

I was waiting for you, spoiled it by moaning about the Ref.
Vincent_Dunlop
Beginner

Post by Vincent_Dunlop »

Ah now true blue the ref was harsh on both teams!!

Micheals became desperate as the second half progressed, hence giving away more penalties.
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

CBC beat Michaels around today. As trueblue said they were bigger and stronger than Michaels. Michels never recovered from the three try blitz early on. Some sublime offloads and general play from CBC, could have scored more. I was most impressed with the defence, didn't concede when Michaels threw everything at them. Michaels tried to play but couldn't get anything going. Feel sorry for them, they were a better team than they showed today.

Will be hard to repeat that against Marys, but if they play like that in every game they would win it no doubt.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

dont get me wrong, cbc were far far better and i said at the start of the cup i hope they would win it if michaels couldn't but there was a huge penalty count against us... it doesn't really make a difference though, monkstown fully deserved it, fair play to them.

no 13, foley is it?? some player, noone was brilliant too
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

Vincent_Dunlop
Beginner

Post by Vincent_Dunlop »

Noone's handoff in the first half was amazing! I'm sure you know the one im talking about :D
And yea Foely, He's An Irish u-19, Great prospect!
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

CBC are a very VERY good team-they should at least make the final!!!
Muhammed Ollie- moves like a butterfly, scrummages like an argie!!!

Ollie Le Roux- Gone but never forgotten.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Can people please put the results/comments in spoilers so those of us hoping to watch the match on Setanta can enjoy it without knowing the result :evil:

Anyway - some performance by CBC, best team I've seen in the competition to date. Foley looks like an excellent prospect alright. Have to say (from the TV) that I didn't think the ref was penalising Micheals unfairly - they were under so much pressure that they were forced into mistakes or commiting fouls.
A proud Winsome Fluter
oh no where do we go!
Beginner

Post by oh no where do we go! »

the cohesion and fludity was incredible, they willl steamroll marys (who were fortunate to win by so much yesterday)

where has this team come from? did they import players? ive heard of foley , grannell and the 7 foot 8 ivers before but the rest?

i cant see anyone stopping them now, they have the taste for it now, i mean to beat michaels so comprehensively

wow league and cup both in a season - has that been done before?
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

oh no where do we go! wrote:the cohesion and fludity was incredible, they willl steamroll marys (who were fortunate to win by so much yesterday)

where has this team come from? did they import players? ive heard of foley , grannell and the 7 foot 8 ivers before but the rest?

i cant see anyone stopping them now, they have the taste for it now, i mean to beat michaels so comprehensively

michael noone came from PRES BRAY i think... are there any others? i doubt a league and cup has ever been done. if people didn't want to know the result why did you click on the leinster schools cup 2008 thread :wink: ?
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

true blue 06 wrote:if people didn't want to know the result why did you click on the leinster schools cup 2008 thread :wink: ?
Show Spoiler:
Because I thought they might have the sense to use one of these. Apologies for over estimating you :wink:
A proud Winsome Fluter
oh no where do we go!
Beginner

Post by oh no where do we go! »

you certainly live up to your name, ever consider prescribing yourself valium :lol:
kerpal
Beginner

Post by kerpal »

oh no where do we go! wrote:the cohesion and fludity was incredible, they willl steamroll marys (who were fortunate to win by so much yesterday)

i think its fantastic that cbc have done so well, but their main enemy now is getting carried away with the victory, enjoy tonight and get back to training 2moro. do u seriously think cbc will dismantle marys as easily as dey did micheals?
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

true blue 06 wrote:

michael noone came from PRES BRAY i think... are there any others? i doubt a league and cup has ever been done. if people didn't want to know the result why did you click on the leinster schools cup 2008 thread :wink: ?
Michael Noone came from Pres Bray last year I think. From what I gather he moved to Pres from a different school before that. He's not really an import in the Blackrock College sense, CBC's princpal is not the most pro rugby man going and any guy entering the school in an interview can do well not to mention rugby. So no scolarships or pursuit of players. He played for Seapoint along with about 10 others of the team so was good mates with them all before he came. I think he applied a few times in a row and finally got in.

The rest have been there from 1st year, they were favourites at JCT level going unbeaten so not really a suprise about their performance. They lived up to the hype this week but in the next round they're gonna have to play with that much intesity. Everyone will be after them now but I hope they do it.
Dublinner
Bookworm

Post by Dublinner »

I thought Monkstown were superb. I think they will wipe the floor with Marys who looked mediocre to me. I cant see anyone stopping that pack. They will have massive support if they get to the final. Surely anyone who went to a school outside the big six must have enjoyed seeing Michaels being hammered. I felt sorry for the Michaels lads but it was men against boys really.
For anyone like me, who went to an "average" rugby school it was a good day. Heres to Monkstown and hopefully they can go all the way
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
true blue 06 wrote:if people didn't want to know the result why did you click on the leinster schools cup 2008 thread :wink: ?
Show Spoiler:
Because I thought they might have the sense to use one of these. Apologies for over estimating you :wink:

eh yeah well i still don't know why you clicked on the schools rugby thread.

although marys are , i think the only team to have beaten cbc pre cup, they looked average yesterday against an average zaga side. its going to be gary foley up the centre all day
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009