Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

true blue 06
Mullet

Re: Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Post by true blue 06 »

thecoolfreak wrote:CUS 30 Conleth's 0
so are CUS through now, if so who are they playing?
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

true blue 06 wrote:
Still one more round of the Vinnie Murray. Playing Columba's or Mount Temple in the next round
WINNER
Beginner

Post by WINNER »

true blue 06 wrote:
WINNER wrote:Smart Arse if you look at my posts Clongowes for the cup
oh right, i'd say your happy your on the other side of the draw then because we've beaten clongowes 3 years in a row now, and in the final... where it counts
Oh get stuffed its no wonder St Michaels and Rock are hated so much all you want is confrontation, This is the last reply you'll get from me , and now I hope youre stuffed, amazing how arrogant one senior cup can make someone, Plonker,
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

WINNER wrote:
true blue 06 wrote:
oh right, i'd say your happy your on the other side of the draw then because we've beaten clongowes 3 years in a row now, and in the final... where it counts
Oh get stuffed its no wonder St Michaels and Rock are hated so much all you want is confrontation, This is the last reply you'll get from me , and now I hope youre stuffed, amazing how arrogant one senior cup can make someone, Plonker,
:lol: :? :lol:
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

WINNER wrote:
true blue 06 wrote:
6-0
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I doubt Clongowes mind so much with Michaels still 5 Cups behind
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

For the Gamblers amongst you. . .the latest odds from PP.

Clongowes 3 - 1
Gonzaga 20 - 1
King's Hospital 125 - 1

Belvedere 3 - 1
Pres. Bray 33 - 1
High School 125 - 1

Blackrock 4 - 1
Castleknock 40 - 1
Newbridge 150 - 1

CBC Monkstown 7 - 1
St Andrew's 100 - 1
Roscrea 200 - 1

St Mary's 8 - 1
St Gerard's 100 - 1
CUS 300 - 1

St Michaels 8 - 1
Kilkenny 100 - 1
St Columba's 300 - 1

Terenure 12 - 1
Wesley 100 - 1
DLS Churchtown 500 - 1

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go ... pe_id=1477
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

thecoolfreak wrote:
true blue 06 wrote:
Still one more round of the Vinnie Murray. Playing Columba's or Mount Temple in the next round
Thats some draw.
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

gavin cummiskey in the irish times predicts a belvo v cbc final with belvo winners. he says mary's and cwc to loose in semis and rock and michaels to loose in the qf's
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Thats what I put down in the bookies, CBC each way. Pretty stupid bet though the more I think about it, this year its impossible to predict. As Gavin Cummiskey said CBC, Belvo and CWC are probably the best teams...but Michaels, Rock and Marys could beat any of them on their day. Next year though it'll be Rock all the way. Some people are calling them the new dream team, destroyed everyone at Js and will have the best coach around for the cup.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

bunty85 wrote:Thats what I put down in the bookies, CBC each way. Pretty stupid bet though the more I think about it, this year its impossible to predict. As Gavin Cummiskey said CBC, Belvo and CWC are probably the best teams...but Michaels, Rock and Marys could beat any of them on their day. Next year though it'll be Rock all the way. Some people are calling them the new dream team, destroyed everyone at Js and will have the best coach around for the cup.
yeah i heard they're brilliant. the IT also had an interesting article on the CWC 98 team. many people speak of drico's rock team as the dream team with the likes of scally, leo and david quinlan on it but this clongowes team blew apart all opposition. they had no leinster representatives and weren't given a chance. they were named dark horses but they literally won every game by massive margins including the final where they beat the gick by 20 odd points. darce and des dillon were both on this team
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

its about winning
Bookworm

Post by its about winning »

Any one like to take a guess on the results in the first round of the Senior cup

Belvedere College SJ v Terenure College - Belvo

Blackrock College v St. Gerard's - Rock
Clongowes Wood College v The King's Hospital - Clongowes
St. Mary's College v Castleknock College - St Marys

C.C. Roscrea v St. Andrew's - St Andrews
Gonzaga College v Kilkenny College - Gonzaga
CBC Monkstown v St. Columba's - CBC
North side living - south side educated
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

true blue 06 wrote:
bunty85 wrote:Thats what I put down in the bookies, CBC each way. Pretty stupid bet though the more I think about it, this year its impossible to predict. As Gavin Cummiskey said CBC, Belvo and CWC are probably the best teams...but Michaels, Rock and Marys could beat any of them on their day. Next year though it'll be Rock all the way. Some people are calling them the new dream team, destroyed everyone at Js and will have the best coach around for the cup.
yeah i heard they're brilliant. the IT also had an interesting article on the CWC 98 team. many people speak of drico's rock team as the dream team with the likes of scally, leo and david quinlan on it but this clongowes team blew apart all opposition. they had no leinster representatives and weren't given a chance. they were named dark horses but they literally won every game by massive margins including the final where they beat the gick by 20 odd points. darce and des dillon were both on this team
Pretty sure BOD wasn't on the "Dream Team", that would have been 1996 and I think he only played SCT in 1997. I think Bob Casey was on it too?

Surely Darce and Des Dillon both played Leinster/Ireland.
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

combatlogo wrote:
true blue 06 wrote:
Pretty sure BOD wasn't on the "Dream Team", that would have been 1996 and I think he only played SCT in 1997. I think Bob Casey was on it too?

Surely Darce and Des Dillon both played Leinster/Ireland.
I think O'Driscoll was a sub in '96 on the dream team. Ye I think it was Casey, Cullen, Quinlan and Scally on the team from what I remember.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

yeah i heard they're brilliant. the IT also had an interesting article on the CWC 98 team. many people speak of drico's rock team as the dream team with the likes of scally, leo and david quinlan on it but this clongowes team blew apart all opposition. they had no leinster representatives and weren't given a chance. they were named dark horses but they literally won every game by massive margins including the final where they beat the gick by 20 odd points. darce and des dillon were both on this team[/quote]

Surely Darce and Des Dillon both played Leinster/Ireland.[/quote]

I think O'Driscoll was a sub in '96 on the dream team. Ye I think it was Casey, Cullen, Quinlan and Scally on the team from what I remember.[/quote]
i think he got dropped to the bench after the qf win over michaels.

belvo 14 - 10 nure. great game of rugby, looked to be a knock on by belvo scrum half in the last phase that led to belvo scoring in the last play of the game to win the match
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

true blue 06 wrote: belvo 14 - 10 nure. great game of rugby, looked to be a knock on by belvo scrum half in the last phase that led to belvo scoring in the last play of the game to win the match
Great game..??

Pretty average actually, and Belvo look like a team that's a carrying a lot of hype. Big pack that failed to make their domination count after virtually owning the ball and territory in the first fifteen minutes and a very, very limited backline...
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Absolute folly to take your eye off Rock...
I've observed the S many times this year behind closed doors and they definitely have a chance, despite not yet being at they're peak.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Darce wrote:Absolute folly to take your eye off Rock...
I've observed the S many times this year behind closed doors and they definitely have a chance, despite not yet being at they're peak.
Rock can beat anyone on their day but i honestly don't think they're strong enough to win overall this year.

CBC will be relieved their bogey team Terenure are out and more specifically Terry Jones.........great player basically beat them single handedly 3 years ago. Nure's defence and organisation was brilliant. Very unlucky to lose, with a heroic defensive display. I'd be very worried if I had Belvo down in the bookies. Their forwards were good and controlled possesion well but absolutey no imagination in the backs. Classy full back but they were very narrow in attack. All the other big schools this year could front up to them quite easily- I don't rate their pack any higher than Marys, Rocks or CBCs.

Fair play for sticking through the tie though lots of confidence from now on, that prop Ludvic is a monster of a player. For their sake I hope hes fit for the next game, he was injured at the end.
ackbar
Beginner

Post by ackbar »

Belvo never produce good backs. 2005 was the one year they had a half decent backline and they won the cup. then they fired the coach.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

ackbar wrote:Belvo never produce good backs. 2005 was the one year they had a half decent backline and they won the cup. then they fired the coach.
I think it was more a case that he was offered a better job with a certain Dublin rugby club