leinster league 07-08

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Arklow2007

leinster league 07-08

Post by Arklow2007 »

my prediction for the remax leinster league div 3 this year is arklow,athy,rathdrum and fourth is anyone best guess!!
tones
Shane Jennings

Re: leinster league 07-08

Post by tones »

Arklow2007 wrote:my prediction for the remax leinster league div 3 this year is arklow,athy,rathdrum and fourth is anyone best guess!!
Played Arklow last weekend, a strong team. In comparison to Arklow how good are Athy?
Would fancy Swords for fourth spot.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

What happened to Gorey?
Arklow2007

Post by Arklow2007 »

athy arent that bad good 7, just take him out...arklow ayty game was tough 0-0 so its hard to judge how your gonna do
Big Tree
Beginner

Post by Big Tree »

Arklow 2007,
I love your optimism in putting The Mighty Drum into 3rd place as a qualifier this season - Athy not having played many of the top teams and your ego getting the better of you without a heed to last seasons results or the fact that Rathdrum is making an easy run of the league for you.
Roll on March 2nd, even in Arklow and lets get the chance to test your metal.
Big Tree
Beginner

Post by Big Tree »

Me however, I fancy the league to end up as:
Rathdrum, Clane, Athy and Gorey or Arklow fighting for 4th place, Arklow's only chance being that they face Gorey at home, with Arklow still having to face Clane, Clondalkin, Gorey and North Kildare before they ever see the mighty blue and amber grace the oval.
Roll on March 2nd
Arklow2007

Post by Arklow2007 »

they were no good really to start out with..you cant just expect to buy a kiwi player in along with several other addtions and expect to have a good team!
Arklow2007

Post by Arklow2007 »

rathdrum havent played anyone of significance either really to be honest...its between arklow and rathdrum..lets face it lads
Big Tree
Beginner

Post by Big Tree »

[quote="Arklow2007"]rathdrum havent played anyone of significance either really to be honest...its between arklow and rathdrum..lets face it lads[/quote]

They only played 6 of the top 8 so far :shock:
crusty
Beginner

Post by crusty »

Looks like Rathdrum, Clane and Arklow should have enough done at this stage.

Nice little battle going on for the fourth automatic spot. Athy have a tough run in, Clondalkin are showing some good form, Gorey solid but for slip ups against the top 3. Swords with a game in hand,Even Nth Kildare seem to be in with a shout of making a lazarus type comeback.
Pain Train

Post by Pain Train »

Definitely Clane and Rathdrum. Arklow seem to have enough done to grab one of the other 2 definite promotion spots. Its a dog fight after that, with Athy, Gorey and Clondalkin going to battle. I would fancy Clondalkin to get it going on their run in and current form.

The other fight will be for first spot. With Rathdrum having it to lose. If they slip up Clane will get it, especially with the amount of bonus points they are building up. With Clane's run in you would fancy them picking up bonus in their last 2 games. Rathdrum have a decidedly more difficult run in, it should come down to their last game against Athy.
big_mal

Post by big_mal »

Rathdrum have been consistently good and deserve the league, while Clane have lost 2 games narrowly and got a good draw with Rathdrum in Rathdrum and lots of bonus points which will clinch 2nd for them. Arklow look safe enogh for 3rd,they too have been consistently good and will give Rathdrum a good game when they meet in afew weeks. the battle for the last automatic spot looks tight, but I fancy Clondalkin with the form they are in and they seem to have the easiest of run ins. Athy are flattering to decieve, lots of easier games before Christmas, and I think Gorey will pip them for 5th. They have a huge game against each other coming up. Great Division this year though with lots of good teams and good games.
Big Tree
Beginner

Post by Big Tree »

Good call Big_Mal, with Rathdrum and Clane safely home, Clondalkin look like they will take the third spot with Arklow and Gorey slugging it out for the fourth place. If either club slip, then they will let Athy back into the race. Rathdrum have recorded 3 x c50 point wins in their last 3 games and look on form to take the championship.
big_mal

Post by big_mal »

Rathdrum have been excellent this year and I expect them to be confirmed Champions this weekend. Clane's defeat to North Kildare early on always had them playing catch up and even though they have amassed more points and bonus points than any other team in the 3 Divisions, it is a credit to Rathdrum that they should still be crowned champions with a game to spare. Arklow looked safe afew weeks ago but yet again, North Kildare produce an upset and now it really is all to play for for the last couple of weeks. It has been a great league though with some very high quality rugby and I would not be surprised to see any of the promoted sides going up to Div 2 and doing what Tullow have done and compete for promotion again.

Congrats again to the 2 best teams in the league who have been promoted, and best of luck to the other teams who are scrapping to join them. Will be an interesting 10days in LL Div3!