Vinnie Murray and Fr Godfrey Cups

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Vinnie Murray and Fr Godfrey Cups

Post by combatlogo »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Planet Rugby wrote: Find it hard to believe that Leinster make more money out of Schools rugby then any other division of Leinster. Considering Leinster has 15,000+ at home games. (3 ERC games and 12 Celtic League games), Schools get about 2000 at the top games and there is only 4/5 of them. Also school boys entry fee is only 5euro.
Are you on drugs? They get way more than that - they have to play the semis and final in Lansdowne for feck sake.
I doubt there would have been too many semi-finals played in recent years which wouldn't have fitted into Donnybrook.

I'd love to see the financials which justify developing a ground for primarily, prima facie, schools games.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

combatlogo wrote:
I doubt there would have been too many semi-finals played in recent years which wouldn't have fitted into Donnybrook.
I've been to a few semis over the year - even in dire weather conditions, they still got decent crowds. I'm sure the branch would have used Donnybrook if they thought it was appropriate.

I'd love to see the financials which justify developing a ground for primarily, prima facie, schools games.
It's not purely a financial decision - the branch is acting correctly in its duty to promote the game of rugby in the province and having good facilities/stadia is integral to this brief. It's about seeing the bigger picture...
thebigcheese
Beginner

Post by thebigcheese »

Does anyone know where the CUS junior game is on this wednesday. On the original list it said Seapoint but on the Leinster domestic website today it says venue and date tbc with Templeogue and Marian on in Seapoint. (originally down for Bird Avenue). someone said to me earlier that its on in Railway Union but then said he thought that this might be the Marian game. i know the weather is causing mayhem but is it too much for the branch to give early accurate information so I can see CUS in our annual once off Junior game.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

thebigcheese wrote:Does anyone know where the CUS junior game is on this wednesday. On the original list it said Seapoint but on the Leinster domestic website today it says venue and date tbc with Templeogue and Marian on in Seapoint. (originally down for Bird Avenue). someone said to me earlier that its on in Railway Union but then said he thought that this might be the Marian game. i know the weather is causing mayhem but is it too much for the branch to give early accurate information so I can see CUS in our annual once off Junior game.
CUS SCT game on Wednesday. JCT game Thursday. Venues TBC in both cases. You're right, the J's will get well beaten.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Just how many CUS old boys do we have on here, it's a f%~king epidemic
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Duff Paddy wrote:Just how many CUS old boys do we have on here, it's a f%~king epidemic
As I said before there's a CUS mafia on here!! We run the place
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Duff Paddy wrote:Just how many CUS old boys do we have on here, it's a f%~king epidemic
There is more than you know - we're just the ones who admit it!
Get in the f%~king bag.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

combatlogo wrote:
thebigcheese wrote:Does anyone know where the CUS junior game is on this wednesday. On the original list it said Seapoint but on the Leinster domestic website today it says venue and date tbc with Templeogue and Marian on in Seapoint. (originally down for Bird Avenue). someone said to me earlier that its on in Railway Union but then said he thought that this might be the Marian game. i know the weather is causing mayhem but is it too much for the branch to give early accurate information so I can see CUS in our annual once off Junior game.
CUS SCT game on Wednesday. JCT game Thursday. Venues TBC in both cases. You're right, the J's will get well beaten.
JCT Wed 1430 at Railway Union.
SCT Thur 1430 at DLSP Kilternan.
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Went out to Donnybrook yesterday without knowing the game was cancelled :evil:
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Have to hold my hand up on that one ... and you're right - it is shocking. Don't think I ever saw so many CUS guys - even when I was at school :D
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
thebigcheese
Beginner

Post by thebigcheese »

combatlogo wrote:
combatlogo wrote:
JCT Wed 1430 at Railway Union.
SCT Thur 1430 at DLSP Kilternan.
How did the seniors do. I heard that the Junior game is off tomorrow. Probably to be played on Friday at 2.30 in Railway Union.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

How did the seniors do. I heard that the Junior game is off tomorrow. Probably to be played on Friday at 2.30 in Railway Union.
SCT aren't on till Thursday.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

JCT game tomorrow is off.
eoinzero
Beginner

Post by eoinzero »

Any JCT Results?
Marian 10 Templeogue 10... replay next week, a soft try in the last minute gave the Templeogue boys a glimmer of hope for next weeks replay. Didnt help that Marian had the ref to play aswell.

Any others?
jaybyrne
Bookworm

Post by jaybyrne »

wesley 6-0 against st pats decent performance should have had a few trys tho
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Where is the CUS game on tomorrow?
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

thecoolfreak wrote:Where is the CUS game on tomorrow?
Think it's in High School, best to double check.
cjholly

Post by cjholly »

thecoolfreak wrote:Where is the CUS game on tomorrow?
Pretty sure it's in Wesley
eoinzero
Beginner

Post by eoinzero »

OTHER RESULTS??
eoinzero
Beginner

Post by eoinzero »

From what I hear about the Junior Cup so far its:
SEMI FINAL