Senior Friendlys

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

WINNER
Beginner

Senior Friendlys

Post by WINNER »

Anyone got any results
St Marys 12 CBC 8
true blue 06
Mullet

Re: Senior Friendlys

Post by true blue 06 »

WINNER wrote:Anyone got any results
St Marys 12 CBC 8

so much for cbc being unstoppable, didn't even think mary's were that good this year, they were much better when thay were younger, thats a good result though
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
WINNER
Beginner

Post by WINNER »

This was a reality check and at this point in time probably the right time for CBC to suffer a defeat like this as they have time to correct the errors and re motivate the squad plus maybe to try and sort out their real problem which is the positioning of their team, problems at Full Back,Out Half, Scrum Half, Wing and they haven't a reliable kicker, need I say any more But they have the potential without injuries to key players and their plays coming off to match anyone this year.
As to this match they lost to an average St Marys but still looked the most likely to succeed of both teams, They had a very bad day everything they tried failed and errors all over the field but lost only to a breakaway try after 3 errors and a missed tackle which gave Marys the opportunity.
Its now up to the Coaches to sort things out and the players to change their attitude they have the time to do this, as I would expect them to overcome the CUC challenge and get their confidence back.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

WINNER wrote:I would expect them to overcome the CUC challenge and get their confidence back.

Hmm, you don't post here much do you :wink: , on this board, CUS will win everything. No exceptions. Even if the lose, we still say they win.
Get in the f%~king bag.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Slipper1 wrote:
WINNER wrote:I would expect them to overcome the CUC challenge and get their confidence back.

Hmm, you don't post here much do you :wink: , on this board, CUS will win everything. No exceptions. Even if the lose, we still say they win.

There's a CUS mafia round these parts!!
WINNER
Beginner

Post by WINNER »

They'll be gone at the end of January.........
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

WINNER wrote:They'll be gone at the end of January.........
:?
eoinzero
Beginner

Post by eoinzero »

CUS? Their a Cricket School not a rugby school! Good game against marys last year, and I'm sure they should put conleths away before bowing out to one of the big guns. One of their best teams in years, lets hope they perform well and show what the middle tier teams are capable of!

I wonder how far columbus will get, they havnt been mentiond much, Ireland Under 19s out half, CUS will play them if they beat Conleths, two section A teams.

By the way, what teams are section A made up of? :?:
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Their a Cricket School not a rugby school
I resent that!! :P
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Post by Durkah Durkah »

Howzat?! ......I'm sorry, that's awful, I just couldn't resist. :mrgreen:
eoinzero
Beginner

Post by eoinzero »

Thats acording you your Vice (I think he may be the Principle now), not my words.
ruggerbugger
Beginner

Post by ruggerbugger »

Rock 21-6 CBC. 6-0 to CBC at half time. CBC dominated for most of the match but couldnt score tries and 3 tries in the last 15 minutes for Rock flattered them a little as the first was a mistake from Monkstown's fullback and the last was an intercept try in the last minute of the match.
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

ruggerbugger wrote:Rock 21-6 CBC. 6-0 to CBC at half time. CBC dominated for most of the match but couldnt score tries and 3 tries in the last 15 minutes for Rock flattered them a little as the first was a mistake from Monkstown's fullback and the last was an intercept try in the last minute of the match.
This puts CBC's challenge in perspective, they may have a good side by their standard, but will probably come up short against one of the top schools (although I hope I am proved wrong).
Experience is the name everyone gives to their failures
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

silly punt wrote:
ruggerbugger wrote:Rock 21-6 CBC. 6-0 to CBC at half time. CBC dominated for most of the match but couldnt score tries and 3 tries in the last 15 minutes for Rock flattered them a little as the first was a mistake from Monkstown's fullback and the last was an intercept try in the last minute of the match.
This puts CBC's challenge in perspective, they may have a good side by their standard, but will probably come up short against one of the top schools (although I hope I am proved wrong).
rock must be better than people are making them out to be. they beat michaels by a similar score, think they've beaten most of the big schools bar clongowes. cbc have lost twice in recent weeks, that will help them come cup time
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

oh no where do we go!
Beginner

Post by oh no where do we go! »

WINNER wrote:This was a reality check and at this point in time probably the right time for CBC to suffer a defeat like this as they have time to correct the errors and re motivate the squad plus maybe to try and sort out their real problem which is the positioning of their team, problems at Full Back,Out Half, Scrum Half, Wing and they haven't a reliable kicker, need I say any more But they have the potential without injuries to key players and their plays coming off to match anyone this year.
As to this match they lost to an average St Marys but still looked the most likely to succeed of both teams, They had a very bad day everything they tried failed and errors all over the field but lost only to a breakaway try after 3 errors and a missed tackle which gave Marys the opportunity.
Its now up to the Coaches to sort things out and the players to change their attitude they have the time to do this, as I would expect them to overcome the CUC challenge and get their confidence back.
Whats your excuse now?
kerpal
Beginner

Post by kerpal »

hahahahahah

bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Last edited by bunty85 on May 3rd, 2023, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

bunty85 wrote:
oh no where do we go! wrote:
WINNER wrote:This was a reality check and at this point in time probably the right time for CBC to suffer a defeat like this as they have time to correct the errors and re motivate the squad plus maybe to try and sort out their real problem which is the positioning of their team, problems at Full Back,Out Half, Scrum Half, Wing and they haven't a reliable kicker, need I say any more But they have the potential without injuries to key players and their plays coming off to match anyone this year.
Whats your excuse now?
You a Marys fan or do you just not like WINNER? I'm saying that that because in the other thread you seemed convinced CBC would win but seem to be happy they lost? Were you just trying to add the pressure on CBC, taking away from Marys a bit of attention??
nobody likes winner :wink: , think he's a clongowes boy not cbc
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

oh no where do we go!
Beginner

Post by oh no where do we go! »

bunty85 wrote:
Whats your excuse now?
You a Marys fan or do you just not like WINNER? I'm saying that that because in the other thread you seemed convinced CBC would win but seem to be happy they lost? Were you just trying to add the pressure on CBC, taking away from Marys a bit of attention??

I am a rugby fan.

I have connections with most of the teams. After looking at all your excuses that you were giving about a friendly that was played in atrocious conditions I had to pull you up over it.

I agree that CBC were a good team (and still are imo) but saying that the players have to change their attitude is pants - those guys never gave anything less than 100%
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

bunty85 wrote:
oh no where do we go! wrote: Whats your excuse now?

I am a rugby fan.

I have connections with most of the teams. After looking at all your excuses that you were giving about a friendly that was played in atrocious conditions I had to pull you up over it.

I agree that CBC were a good team (and still are imo) but saying that the players have to change their attitude is pants - those guys never gave anything less than 100%
Ah right fair enough you just don't like WINNER then :lol: , you and trueblue are in the same boat then. Oh and I wasn't making those excuses for that friendly when you said 'you'...was just wondering after cause you were very confident that CBC would hammer Marys before the semi and the you just seemed from the tone of the message to be putting them down. Agreed they put 100% in.