Colours '08

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Mustapha
Knowledgeable

Re: Colours '08

Post by Mustapha »

Duff, you caught me. I acn't believe I mdae a typo. Will fall on my katana when I get home. You've a great future in the civil service. And Trinity College is the sole surviving college of Dublin University, not the University of Dublin. The more you know.

On the point of your success, an....educated... man like yourself will surely acknowledge that NZ rugby is bigger, better funded and more successful than our sod of turf? But which one tugs at the heart strings? Which one do you, deep down, know is the right way?

As for Statler And Waldorf behind you, I'd like to point out that I'm not all that bitter. Just anticipated the usual vein of drivel that masquerades as banter out in Stillorgan IT and decided to head it off at the pass.

Raise the game lads. Believe in your selves! You mightn't have gotten your first choice through the auld CAO but rise above it. I'm sure the mean streets aren't so bad.
A little known fact about JC (not Jerry, the other one. The nice Jewish boy) was that he was a top-level statistician. Where does the bible tell us this? Mark 6:30-44

His Poisson distribution skills were miraculous.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

good man mustapha, believe your own hype at least.

Dont really see why you're being quite so ridiculous about this. In a discussion about the colours RUGBY match, surely the two teams winning percentages is highly appropriate, as opposed to the usual inane ramblings that people drag up when a UCD vs. Trinity argument comes up.

Fact is historically UCD are by far the biggest university club in terms of national team development and have been for a considerable length of time. Deal with it and learn to take a bit of banter when it comes your way
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
cj
Graduate

Post by cj »

Every year...
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

cj wrote:Every year...
. . . we win.

But more seriously, isnt this really the point of a colours match? Bit of joshing and banter between the two sides
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
cj
Graduate

Post by cj »

tate wrote:
. . . we win.

But more seriously, isnt this really the point of a colours match? Bit of joshing and banter between the two sides
Last year Trinity won. Two years before that it was a draw...so not true actually!
It's funny to a point but people get pretty heated on both sides and before long it becomes inevitably quite insulting.
I agree though - good banter :lol: :lol:
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

cj wrote:
tate wrote:
. . . we win.

Last year Trinity won. Two years before that it was a draw...so not true actually!
It's funny to a point but people get pretty heated on both sides and before long it becomes inevitably quite insulting.
I agree though - good banter :lol: :lol:
technically a draw means the colours are retained!!
cj
Graduate

Post by cj »

Retaining is definitely not the same as winning though...
That was the best colours I can remember actually - Eoghan Hickey missing that last-minute penalty was sweet...to a chorus of 'my lonliness is killing me now'!!
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

cj wrote:Retaining is definitely not the same as winning though...
That was the best colours I can remember actually - Eoghan Hickey missing that last-minute penalty was sweet...to a chorus of 'my lonliness is killing me now'!!
i can imagine, the basically never missed for UCD and the biggest kick of his career he cocked up. Oh well, he was promptly banished to munster for his sins
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

True, but it's a helluva lot better than not even holding the honour.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
cj
Graduate

Post by cj »

Leinsterman wrote:

True, but it's a helluva lot better than not even holding the honour.
True, but let's not forget who currently holds that particular honour!!
cj
Graduate

Post by cj »

tate wrote:
i can imagine, the basically never missed for UCD and the biggest kick of his career he cocked up. Oh well, he was promptly banished to munster for his sins
To be fair to him he was exceptional the following colours and landed some rediculously long-range penalties...then he was banished!
Mustapha
Knowledgeable

Post by Mustapha »

With Bowhonker in the middle of it...

And of course the famous, "We all dream of a team of Franno Keanes..."

Good times....
A little known fact about JC (not Jerry, the other one. The nice Jewish boy) was that he was a top-level statistician. Where does the bible tell us this? Mark 6:30-44

T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Mustapha wrote:With Bowhonker in the middle of it...

Good times....
That's a name I haven't heard in a long time! The same Bowhonker of the old leinsterrugby.ie message board?
Mustapha
Knowledgeable

Post by Mustapha »

The very same.

Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

T.C.B. wrote:

Good times....
That's a name I haven't heard in a long time! The same Bowhonker of the old leinsterrugby.ie message board?
Aye, one of the legends of the old LR.ie and IR.ie. Bring back Hooker Larkin and the whole damn gang i say
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

fock the shites!!!
Mustapha
Knowledgeable

Post by Mustapha »

U

U

C

C

D

D

What the you get?

The dole!

UCD, w&%k w&%k w&%k, UCD, w&%k w&%k w&%k...

tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Mustapha wrote:U

U

C

C

D

D

What the you get?

The dole!

UCD, w&%k w&%k w&%k, UCD, w&%k w&%k w&%k...
not so high and mighty now are we?
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Darce wrote:
T.C.B. wrote:

Good times....
Aye, one of the legends of the old LR.ie and IR.ie. Bring back Hooker Larkin and the whole damn gang i say
He's closer than you think.

:wink:
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

T.C.B. wrote:
Darce wrote:
T.C.B. wrote: That's a name I haven't heard in a long time! The same Bowhonker of the old leinsterrugby.ie message board?
He's closer than you think.

:wink:
Pray thee, do tell
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on