DRUMS???

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

harryp wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Also, a trumpet is a focking great instrument in the stands (especially if you can actually play it) - you can do that famous tune Duh-Duh-Duh-Daaa-Daaaa!!!
I'll leave you to blow your horn! Air Raid Siren will be very difficult to get through the airport.
Anyone know any air rianta check in girls? Being the great guy that I am, I will hit Gibneys this weekend and chat up a few of them, all in the name of Leinster of course.
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

especially if you can actually play it
Yeah, no point in getting a trumpet if you cant play it...you'll just annoy everybody :x :x
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Anyone know any air rianta check in girls? Being the great guy that I am, I will hit Gibneys this weekend and chat up a few of them, all in the name of Leinster of course.
A true die-hard..brings a tear to my eye :cry: :cry:
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

TrueBlue wrote:Does anybody know if Elverys can do names on the back of Leinster jerseys??
:?:
Yes, they do, TB, and numbers too if you want.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

TrueBlue wrote:
Yeah, no point in getting a trumpet if you cant play it...you'll just annoy everybody :x :x
You'd be amazed what I can do after a couple of glasses of Hennessy.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Duff Paddy wrote:
TrueBlue wrote:
Any idea how to play those big drums?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

harryp wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
TrueBlue wrote: Yeah, no point in getting a trumpet if you cant play it...you'll just annoy everybody :x :x
Any idea how to play those big drums?
Course not. You just bang the sh!t out of them! Great craic.
Leinster til i die
Bookworm

Post by Leinster til i die »

I'll be in Gibney's this weekend too so i can help with chatting to those girls if need be!

Also, should we not be planning on making a different type of noise to what the Toulouse fans will be making. We will want the players to know its us and not just Toulouse supporters. I wouldn't be in favour of buying air raid sirens and the like if thats what the their supporters use.
"its a sunday, if you want to go to church, go there and worship Brian O'Driscoll". - Stuart Barnes 22/1/06
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

You'd be amazed what I can do after a couple of glasses of Hennessy
Right so, with my impending bass drum, combined with a vodka induced sense of musical ability, plus your trumpet, and your very own Hennessy inspired affluence for music....

Drum+Vodka x Trumpet+Hennessy=.....Carnage
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Leinster til i die wrote:I'll be in Gibney's this weekend too so i can help with chatting to those girls if need be!

Also, should we not be planning on making a different type of noise to what the Toulouse fans will be making. We will want the players to know its us and not just Toulouse supporters. I wouldn't be in favour of buying air raid sirens and the like if thats what the their supporters use.
It was years ago that we had the air raid siren so it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to get my hands on it anyway. But generally, the more noise the better - we saw that last Saturday, when a small number of Italian supporters made their presence heard.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Leinster til i die wrote:I'll be in Gibney's this weekend too so i can help with chatting to those girls if need be!

Hows about we play the song from Deliverance over a Megaphone?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

harryp wrote:

Hows about we play the song from Deliverance over a Megaphone?
Or "Money Money Money" by Abba.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

For the game some of us could get sombreros and ponchos and droopy Mexican / Argentinean mustachios for Fillipe?!?!

Any one have a dredlock wig in honour of Eddie Heineken???
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Actually should start a list of whos going!

(and what they are proposing to go as)
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

. . . .
Last edited by sheepshagger on February 10th, 2006, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Duff Paddy wrote:Guys I know you'll be thinking Duff going on about focking schools rugby again but we can actually learn from these guys about how to generate atmosphere - 4 or 5 years ago we had some sort of air raid siren up in the stand and it was hilarious, I'll see if I can get my hands on it again. Also, a trumpet is a focking great instrument in the stands (especially if you can actually play it) - you can do that famous tune Duh-Duh-Duh-Daaa-Daaaa!!!
http://www.airraidsirens.com/faq.html
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

harryp wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Guys I know you'll be thinking Duff going on about focking schools rugby again but we can actually learn from these guys about how to generate atmosphere - 4 or 5 years ago we had some sort of air raid siren up in the stand and it was hilarious, I'll see if I can get my hands on it again. Also, a trumpet is a focking great instrument in the stands (especially if you can actually play it) - you can do that famous tune Duh-Duh-Duh-Daaa-Daaaa!!!
http://www.airraidsirens.com/faq.html
http://cgi.ebay.com/FEDERAL-AIR-RAID-SI ... dZViewItem
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

harry - Dunno if you noticed that thing on ebay is an advert - not an actual siren.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

sheepshagger wrote:harry - Dunno if you noticed that thing on ebay is an advert - not an actual siren.
Doh,

Didn't even look, just cut and paste. At least it was the poster and not the leather squadron pants.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Got my drum!!!! :D :D

Went into MusicMaker on Exchequer St., and they have a drum palace downstairs!! Was talking to the guy about getting a bass drum, but he said the minimum depth is 18 inches, and are sh!t expensive and heavy!! €1,000 :shock: for a marching band bass drum!!!

He told me to get this other drum-TOM something or other, that sits on the ground in a drummers set. It has a deep sound, and is smaller-you can hold it vertically or horizontally. Maybe Dave Cahill knows the one im talking about.

There was a returned one there, for a slight dent, but didnt give a f%~k? coz obviously all i want to do is bang the shite out of it!!!€60 is all it cost, and the big sticks were €30!!!!BARGAIN!!

Anyway, sheepshagger-recommend going in. I told the bloke there was a few of us looking for them, and he was cool about the whole, "I just want to bang the f%~king thing" vibe!!!!