Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Hammy

Post by Hammy »

How have Belvo and Nure been going so far - who is expected to win this match??
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

Hammy wrote:How have Belvo and Nure been going so far - who is expected to win this match??
i would say belvo would be favourites for that match because they beat nure in the j's final in 05
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

Vincent_Dunlop wrote:F: Q4 v Kilkenny/Gonzaga (Newbridge RFC)
What's this about? Is there a preliminary game or something?
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Nice draw for CUS in the Vinnie Murray and they'll fancy their chances against CBC. Before everyone goes slating me I know CBC are very good this season but they won't hold as much fear for CUS as say Rock or Belvo. And on the day you never now. We nearly pulled it of last year
jaybyrne
Bookworm

Post by jaybyrne »

cbc have to be more than a outside bet and fair enough the best pre cup team isn't always the winner but if you were placing a bet it would have to be monkstown
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

blaker wrote:Have Maros a sniff this year? Theire draw (if I'm right) has them avoiding big tickets like Rock, Clongowes, Nure.
From what I've heard it's not a great year.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

cud wrote:
blaker wrote:Have Maros a sniff this year? Theire draw (if I'm right) has them avoiding big tickets like Rock, Clongowes, Nure.
From what I've heard it's not a great year.
they lost to a weakened michaels team by 3 tries. it will be one of the most open competition for years, its really hard to guess who will make the final... rock, michaels, terenure, cbc, belvo and clongowes all have realistic chances of being there. we haven't really had a cup like that for a while.
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Vincent_Dunlop
Beginner

Post by Vincent_Dunlop »

Mary's only have a good back 3 and a good Flanker...

...thats about it really.

They'd be a long shot to reach the final
tonyrory

Post by tonyrory »

Cbc have lost to belvo 11-10, but belvo have been hammered by clongowes all be it they were caught on a bad day. rock have been beaten comfortably by a few teams
Vincent_Dunlop
Beginner

Post by Vincent_Dunlop »

Rock are'nt that good this year.

Belvo had a weakened team out, But cbc were missing 5 of their 6 Leinster players and a few others.

That game was'nt a fair reflection of either team by a long way.

Belvo are very good this year.
the economist
Bookworm

Post by the economist »

CBC play Andrews under lights @ 7pm in Seapoint on Fri 14th in league final. Both teams will have strong sides
Vincent_Dunlop
Beginner

Post by Vincent_Dunlop »

Cbc Won
Andrews led for a period of the game, but CBC's Strenght was shown with a string of substitutions, which complety changed the game. Andrews did'nt really threathen too much
WINNER
Beginner

Post by WINNER »

Clongowes are the team to watch this year they hammered CBC both were missing 7 or 8 to Leinster U19 and U18s
cj
Graduate

Post by cj »

Could see a Rock v Andrews semi...
Though Belvo v Rock does seem more likely.
ruggerbugger
Beginner

Post by ruggerbugger »

The semis in my opinion will be:
Clongowes v Belvo
and
Marys v CBC

with Monkstown and Belvo in the final
oh no where do we go!
Beginner

Post by oh no where do we go! »

Hmmmn ... what about mary's prop who played for leinster this year and last? I heard that he turned the u-19 interpro against munster and is a dead cert for the ireland u-19's
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

He's a big lad alright...I think he's a sub for Leinster behind Simon Shuster of Rock though.
Lampshade
Learner

Post by Lampshade »

WINNER wrote:Clongowes are the team to watch this year they hammered CBC both were missing 7 or 8 to Leinster U19 and U18s
As if.......always the same Clongowes touting themselves as the "big guys" until they come down from their summer camp in the country and get broken by the city teams......they racked up a good run in the sleepy 90's when everyone was living the high life and didnt care......of course by sheer weight of the posts on the this board their delusional past pupils want to give the impression they are still a "big team".

Until 3 years ago a little school 30 years old called their bluff and brought them down to reality.....nice run boys......had to come to an end some time. Rock to crush them!
cj
Graduate

Post by cj »

Lampshade wrote:
WINNER wrote:Clongowes are the team to watch this year they hammered CBC both were missing 7 or 8 to Leinster U19 and U18s
As if.......always the same Clongowes touting themselves as the "big guys" until they come down from their summer camp in the country and get broken by the city teams......they racked up a good run in the sleepy 90's when everyone was living the high life and didnt care......of course by sheer weight of the posts on the this board their delusional past pupils want to give the impression they are still a "big team".

Until 3 years ago a little school 30 years old called their bluff and brought them down to reality.....nice run boys......had to come to an end some time. Rock to crush them!
:lol: :lol: Brilliant quote!
(A bit rediculous but v funny...)
....Till I Die
Beginner

Post by ....Till I Die »

CBC beat Michaels in 05 Junior cup 8-7. Don't think they'll be able to do it agian. Haven't seen much from them this year.