Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster Senior Cup 2008

Post by Leinsterman »

true blue 06 wrote: i admit we're always hyped up, but its not always ourselves hyping us up, the media love the whole michaels/rock thing and a lot of it stems from that

Seriously - get over yourself.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
WINNER
Beginner

Post by WINNER »

true blue 06 wrote:
tate wrote:
true blue 06 wrote:tate , michaels still average? today , made there 4th schools cup final in 3 years- 2006-sct final, 2007-sct final and jct final, 2008- jct final
fair enough they have gotten to the final, but how many have they won. Like i said its not a personal thing, couldnt give a sh!t really, but many people feel that michaels teams are average and never life up to their hype.
i admit we're always hyped up, but its not always ourselves hyping us up, the media love the whole michaels/rock thing and a lot of it stems from that

In case I didn't make myself clear,here it is again; True Blue,
Why don't you give everyone a break and p**s off you boring nerd, you have too much to say and none of it interesting, you have driven everyone away listening to you spouting off about St Michaels.
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Harsh very harsh....

Who does everyone reckon will win tomorrow, it has all the makings of a ridiculously tight, not so easy on the eye kind of game. Belvo have lost that lad Nerm, best forward I saw against Terenure. I reckon he would make some full blown rugby pros cack themselves coming up against him! Clongowes have got the momentum and less injuries to their big players so I'll go for them.
WINNER
Beginner

Post by WINNER »

bunty85 wrote:Harsh very harsh....

Who does everyone reckon will win tomorrow, it has all the makings of a ridiculously tight, not so easy on the eye kind of game. Belvo have lost that lad Nerm, best forward I saw against Terenure. I reckon he would make some full blown rugby pros cack themselves coming up against him! Clongowes have got the momentum and less injuries to their big players so I'll go for them.
Sorry bunty but he is getting to me I enjoy the banter and the crack but he hasn't got the knack,
I think its 50-50 both very good teams, loss of Nerm will have a bearing, what do you think about Tuesday?
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

WINNER wrote:

Sorry bunty but he is getting to me I enjoy the banter and the crack but he hasn't got the knack,
I think its 50-50 both very good teams, loss of Nerm will have a bearing, what do you think about Tuesday?
Haha don't stop its good entertainment...tis a seriously harsh though!

If CBC play half as well as they did against Michaels, it'll be CBC. If they play like they did against Marys in pre season friendlys, they will lose especially with your man Crotty. I'm hoping its gonna be CBC, just hope the pressure won't get to the team which by all accounts it hasn't. They have the talent and the support of most of the neutrals. Its gonna be packed in Donnybrook on Sunday and Tuesday anyway, can't wait.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

WINNER wrote:True Blue
Why don't you give everyone a break and p**s off you boring nerd, you have too much to say and none of it interesting, you have driven everyone away listening to you spouting off about St Michaels.

6-0
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

i want belvo to win but i think cwc will, belvo looked the better bet coming into the cup but have been average so far, i suppose they have a big performance in them having said that clongowes have all the momentum after beating rock
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Re Tuesday's game. Is it on in RDS or Donnybrook? all are talking about RDS but I see here that some of you mention Donnybrook. What about tickets? I cannot find any information on the Leinster website.
"Look what Leinster have done again"
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

icebaby wrote:Re Tuesday's game. Is it on in RDS or Donnybrook? all are talking about RDS but I see here that some of you mention Donnybrook. What about tickets? I cannot find any information on the Leinster website.
donnybrook, you wont need tickets. click on the schools rugby tab on leinsterrugby.ie, tthink its a 3 30 ko..........only the senior final is in the rds
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

any news yet on cwc v belvo?
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

sesame1

Post by sesame1 »

true blue 06 wrote:any news yet on cwc v belvo?
Show Spoiler:
A win for Belvedere - 12 points to 7

Brilliant last minute try won the game

Clongowes could be said to be unlucky but their one dimensional approach cost them in the end

edit PS it was an excellent game worth watching on Setanta later, some excellent forward from Clongowes and tight defence by Belvo allied with the occasional piece of good backline play. Best game of the tournament so far for me and I'd make Belvo favs for the final after seeing it, just don't know if Mary's or CBC would be physical enough to break them down
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Folks, I was criticised for putting a result up when people were going to watch the game on tv later which I was going to do tonight - could you edit that and put it in a spoiler?
"Look what Leinster have done again"
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

sesame1 wrote:
true blue 06 wrote:any news yet on cwc v belvo?
Show Spoiler:
A win for Belvedere - 12 points to 7

Brilliant last minute try won the game

Clongowes could be said to be unlucky but their one dimensional approach cost them in the end

edit PS it was an excellent game worth watching on Setanta later, some excellent forward from Clongowes and tight defence by Belvo allied with the occasional piece of good backline play. Best game of the tournament so far for me and I'd make Belvo favs for the final after seeing it, just don't know if Mary's or CBC would be physical enough to break them down
Show Spoiler:
The Black & White Dream lives on!!
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

just saw it on tv there. very exciting, have to feel sorry for clongowes, great defence by belvo at the end considering they had their captain sin binned.... really thought they got over at the end. the 1st belvo try was a great move and well taken but it was actually marginally forward
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Watched Belvo Clongowes on Setanta - amazing match. Well done Belvo but feel very very sorry for Clongowes. Agree that there was a forward pass in the run up to the first Belvo try. The standard of the play was very impressive - for Clongowes to use the pick and drive to such effect without making an error, suffice to say that Ireland would struggle to do likewise.
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Better team lost IMO, Clongowes were by far the more creative side (saying that the Belvo winning try was brilliantly taken). But the Clongowes scrumhalf lost the run of things in the last few minutes. A quick tap and pass to an unsuspecting forward cost them ten yards, and then after the next penalty when the Belvo hooker was yellow carded instead of doing the correct thing and taking on the 7 man Belvo pack in the scrum he took another quick tap from the penalty allowing the Belvo scrable defence to easily hold out. Poor, in fact very poor decision making...

If CBC keep their cool against Mary's, I don't see Belvo having enough to stop them....
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Inside scoop
Beginner

Post by Inside scoop »

Sea_point wrote:Better team lost IMO, Clongowes were by far the more creative side (saying that the Belvo winning try was brilliantly taken). But the Clongowes scrumhalf lost the run of things in the last few minutes. A quick tap and pass to an unsuspecting forward cost them ten yards, and then after the next penalty when the Belvo hooker was yellow carded instead of doing the correct thing and taking on the 7 man Belvo pack in the scrum he took another quick tap from the penalty allowing the Belvo scrable defence to easily hold out. Poor, in fact very poor decision making...

If CBC keep their cool against Mary's, I don't see Belvo having enough to stop them....
Heard that before this game also! True cwc owned the ball but did they offer anything other than a pick and go? They paid the price for it! You alsohave to consider that this semi-final was supposed to be effectivly the final! IMO both teams would have beaten CBC or marys! Roll on the final!!!
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

Sea_point wrote:Better team lost IMO, Clongowes were by far the more creative side (saying that the Belvo winning try was brilliantly taken). But the Clongowes scrumhalf lost the run of things in the last few minutes. A quick tap and pass to an unsuspecting forward cost them ten yards, and then after the next penalty when the Belvo hooker was yellow carded instead of doing the correct thing and taking on the 7 man Belvo pack in the scrum he took another quick tap from the penalty allowing the Belvo scrable defence to easily hold out. Poor, in fact very poor decision making...

fair comment but i think mclauglin is one of the best players on the team and could go far... i don't think he has any representative caps though but he's a good player , really energetic. inside scoop, if cwc had taken the scrum was there someone available to come on for sexton? there mightn't have been and because sexton is front row the scrum could have been uncontestant
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Inside scoop wrote:

Heard that before this game also! True cwc owned the ball but did they offer anything other than a pick and go? They paid the price for it! You alsohave to consider that this semi-final was supposed to be effectivly the final! IMO both teams would have beaten CBC or marys! Roll on the final!!!
In fairness inside scoop, Belvo haven't exactly turned the world alight with attacking rugby in the cup(did the exact same thing as CWC did today when you played Nure). They do seem to have that bit of luck and character to them, which is valuable in the cup so I think will be the favs for the final. But seriously how can you say that was effectively the final. Both CBC and Marys have shown a lot more 15 man rugby this year than either of the sides today. Fair enough you have a great pack but tbh losing nerm is a massive loss and I expect the Marys/CBC pack to match up quite well against Belvo in the final.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Can someone post a spoiler with the CBC v Mary's score????