Munster Support

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Robbie, Can you comment on this, posted on a Munster website by a Glasgow visitor last weekend? :lol:

Strikes me that you should be more worried about your support than about ours. Very unflattering picture being painted by a rugby visitor to Lovely Limerick... :?

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/viewThread.j ... geNumber=2
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Robbie

We do cheer for our team - what i dont understand (so please enlighten me)is how Thomand Park wasnt packed with all of ye 'Genuine Fans' on Saturday last . . . was it anything to do with the fact the game wasnt sponsored by a Green beer?

I await your Munster viewpoint?
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

sheepshagger wrote:Robbie

We do cheer for our team - what i dont understand (so please enlighten me)is how Thomand Park wasnt packed with all of ye 'Genuine Fans' on Saturday last . . . was it anything to do with the fact the game wasnt sponsored by a Green beer?

I await your Munster viewpoint?
SS, there are a large number of loyal Munster fans. Unfortunately there is an equally large number of "Munster Fans" who only go to the Big Games, call themselves Hardline supporters, who take up large allocations of tickets to International Matches. Yet they won't wear an Irish Jersey, and think they are above the rest of us just because they're "Limerick Men"! Only good thing is you can spot them a mile away!!
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

ckav wrote:Robbie, Can you comment on this, posted on a Munster website by a Glasgow visitor last weekend? :lol:

Strikes me that you should be more worried about your support than about ours. Very unflattering picture being painted by a rugby visitor to Lovely Limerick... :?

Love to..

from his constent references to Celtic he obviously is a fan of knackerball.. to even to compare knackerball fans to Rugby fans is outrageous.
I am glad to see he enjoyed his sojourn in Limerick and the true fans he met at the game and afterwards. As i've always said rugby fans of every persuasion will always get a warm welcome in the Heart of Rugby.
I do hope he can make the next trip with Glasgow to Donkeybrook and can do comparision.. :wink:
also the small fact that he's from Glasgow and never had the experience of a big HEC game may taint his views of the CL. :lol:
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

RobbieRockBoy wrote:
ckav wrote:Robbie, Can you comment on this, posted on a Munster website by a Glasgow visitor last weekend? :lol:

Love to..

from his constent references to Celtic he obviously is a fan of knackerball.. to even to compare knackerball fans to Rugby fans is outrageous.
I am glad to see he enjoyed his sojourn in Limerick and the true fans he met at the game and afterwards. As i've always said rugby fans of every persuasion will always get a warm welcome in the Heart of Rugby.
I do hope he can make the next trip with Glasgow to Donkeybrook and can do comparision.. :wink:
also the small fact that he's from Glasgow and never had the experience of a big HEC game may taint his views of the CL. :lol:
Yep, I didn't particularly "get" his references to soccer wither, have to admit. Are you sure he wasn't referring to the Celtic League in the bulk of his post there?
You've got to admit that he has a point, though. It seems odd that people in a rugby mad city such as Limerick don't bother with the Celtic League. Why is it? Is it the scheduling? We used get great attendances on Friday nights at Donnybrook - the Sunday afternoon kick-offs have killed that off in recent seasons. :cry:

And to answer your comment on the HEC - we went to Glasgow last October and they didn't even give us a drink - Flash spent the entire match sobbing a a result. :evil:
Last edited by ckav on February 21st, 2006, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Appreciate that Harry - Munster do have 'hardcore fans' as do we. . .my gripe is that they are also the first to call us rubbish fans. I

They need to wake up and smell the Turnips.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

"Munstermen in over-inflated opinion of self-worth SHOCK!!!!!" Brilliant, best thing I've read in weeks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Its quiet clear to me that Epaddy posted that nonsense.
ckav
Seán Cronin

TOPIC MOVED

Post by ckav »

Ok - very odd - can I just clarify that I didn't start this thread?! Don't want to be accused of singling out Robbie for any "treatment" or for stirring the Munster/Leinster pot.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: TOPIC MOVED

Post by limecat »

ckav wrote:Don't want to be accused of singling out Robbie for any "treatment" or for stirring the Munster/Leinster pot.
too late :wink:
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

[quote="RobbieRockBoy]I do hope he can make the next trip with Glasgow to Donkeybrook and can do comparision.. :wink:

Think the point is that we don't crow about how we're the best fans in the world - just quietly go about supporting our team :wink: Now that you guys are over the crest of the wave the fairweather fans will bleed away. Same will doubtless happen to Leinster at some point in the future, but in the meantime we'll keep munching on the prawn sangers rather than gorge on self-importance.

Agree Sunday games have really hurt the CL attendences all round - bring back Friday nights....
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Now this is interesting. From Anthony Foley, talking to Charlie Mulqueen in the Examiner. He is also putting it down to Scheduling. Get your eye on the focking ball, Setanta... :evil:

We always say games like those against Sale and Castres are easy because we don’t need any motivation”, he pointed out. “You come in and the place is a cauldron. Today, Man U and Liverpool were playing and there wasn’t a sinner here when we were warming up - it had the feeling of a pre-season friendly.

“We were trying to build an atmosphere but then mentally we switched off. These are disappointing times for me personally. I felt I played like a drain. It’s just not on.”
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

limecat wrote:
ckav wrote:Don't want to be accused of singling out Robbie for any "treatment" or for stirring the Munster/Leinster pot.
too late :wink:
Oi you - shouldn't you be off catching mice or mixing Margheritas with that lime on your head?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Suprise Suprise - that msg has been removed from the the Munster Website.

So much for freedom of speech.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

jezzer wrote:[quote="RobbieRockBoy]

Agree Sunday games have really hurt the CL attendences all round - bring back Friday nights....
Yeah, the old Friday nights in Donnybrook were always class. Hasn't been the same the last few years. I blame the move to LR, killed off any atmosphere at matches.

Thats until the "Munster Boys" take it over of course.... :roll:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

ckav wrote:Oi you - shouldn't you be off catching mice or mixing Margheritas with that lime on your head?
didn't you read the personal abuse thread :evil:

be warned, i have some pretty scary friends :wink:
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

limecat wrote:
ckav wrote:Oi you - shouldn't you be off catching mice or mixing Margheritas with that lime on your head?
didn't you read the personal abuse thread :evil:

be warned, i have some pretty scary friends :wink:
Did I wha'. I have the dubious honour of being the first Personally Abused Person on this here forum.

Scary mates? You haven't seen scary until you've witnessed Flash Gordon, Big Deep Blue, Fungal Boy and Dave Cahill sinking pints at 11 am after a 24 hour binge .. :lol:
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

ckav wrote:Ok - very odd - can I just clarify that I didn't start this thread?! Don't want to be accused of singling out Robbie for any "treatment" or for stirring the Munster/Leinster pot.
i believe you .. thousands wouldn't... :wink:

Personally can't explain CL attendance stuff.. Friday nights might be better.., was the end of mid-term.., still that probably got more kids there than usual.., was a fine day... people just out elsewhere.. Glasgow not the biggest draw factor.... people just knew it would be a cr@p game.. no "star" players..
excuses could be endless..
McCloud
Knowledgeable

Post by McCloud »

sheepshagger wrote:Suprise Suprise - that msg has been removed from the the Munster Website.

Click on page 2 and you can find it.

Must admit that I agree with a lot of what was said in that post. It's a pity we don't see the people who are going to the HC games also turning up for CL games. The fact that it was a dire game doesn't help to generate heat on the terraces.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

McCloud wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Suprise Suprise - that msg has been removed from the the Munster Website.

Click on page 2 and you can find it.

Must admit that I agree with a lot of what was said in that post. It's a pity we don't see the people who are going to the HC games also turning up for CL games. The fact that it was a dire game doesn't help to generate heat on the terraces.
good point, McCloud (hello by the way!). You simply can't get enthused by shoite rugby....it's soul-destroying