RDS v AVIVA

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Re: RDS v AVIVA

Post by Danthefan »

Lansdowne without question. We'll sell it out and the atmosphere for the two games there was brilliant.
stuwilson
Bookworm

Post by stuwilson »

Got to be in Lansdowne!

More money in the coffers helps the future of the game and a bigger crowd spreads the brand and makes us more powerful how can you argue against that! As a STH holder I understand why people might want to stay in the RDS but after experiencing the Muster and Clermont matches I'm more than happy to hopefully go to Lansdowne for another two occasions before heading to Cardiff ;-)
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

If we were to win our q/f in Lansdowne and have a home draw for the s/f, could we have the s/f also in Lansdowne? Given that the s/f can't be played in your home ground and we'd have played a pool game and a q/f there....

Either way, I think we should play our q/f in the RDS in front of 18k people who regularly attend the matches and will shout the house down, instead of in Lansdowne with the above 18k people and another 32k who go to one game a year.
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

In the past I would have been afraid of playing games in Lansdowne, no doubt this is due to some shocking performances there in the knock out stages (Leicester, Munster, Perpignan)
I think we're beyond that now, Lansdowne it is.
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
Justtoby
Knowledgeable

Post by Justtoby »

MICK DAWSON, the Leinster CEO, will this weekend seek to persuade Joe Schmidt, of the merits in moving Leinster’s Heineken Cup home quarter-final to the Aviva Stadium rather than the RDS. At a conservative estimate, such a move would earn Leinster an additional €650,000 or more in gate receipts.

The €650,000-plus windfall (€910,000 as opposed to €260,000) is based on average ticket prices of around €35, and comparing the 18,500 capacity RDS to the 50,000 capacity Aviva, bearing in mind a deduction of 20 per cent for the costs of hosting the game and the ERC incentive to move a quarter-final to a bigger stadium (when the home side’s ‘take’ goes up from 50 to 65 per cent).
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/spo ... 88064.html

An added €650k to move the game to a stadium which is based 1/2 mile from the normal home ground and in which Leinster have won both games played there already this season. It's a no brainer, move it to Lansdowne.
Daithí Mac
Knowledgeable

Post by Daithí Mac »

Has to be Lansdowne. I would imagine we could use it for the semi-final also as if I recall from previous seasons we would register RDS as the home ground and strategically move to the bigger stadium (once we make it through and get a home semi). €650000 could go a long way to paying Jonny or Jamie (but may just go to rebuilding Munster :p).
Vayan los azules!!
StrangeButBlue
Enlightened

Post by StrangeButBlue »

jrc wrote:If we were to win our q/f in Lansdowne and have a home draw for the s/f, could we have the s/f also in Lansdowne? Given that the s/f can't be played in your home ground and we'd have played a pool game and a q/f there....

Either way, I think we should play our q/f in the RDS in front of 18k people who regularly attend the matches and will shout the house down, instead of in Lansdowne with the above 18k people and another 32k who go to one game a year.
Semi can be played in LR as RDS is our home ground if we (or Ulster) get a home semi final.
It's a bit selfish for us season ticket holders not to share the team with the less committed rugby fans out there. I thought the atmosphere for Munster and Clermont was good enough and it's a chance for the 18k regulars to show the part-timers what it's all about
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

StrangeButBlue wrote:
jrc wrote:If we were to win our q/f in Lansdowne and have a home draw for the s/f, could we have the s/f also in Lansdowne? Given that the s/f can't be played in your home ground and we'd have played a pool game and a q/f there....

Semi can be played in LR as RDS is our home ground if we (or Ulster) get a home semi final.
It's a bit selfish for us season ticket holders not to share the team with the less committed rugby fans out there. I thought the atmosphere for Munster and Clermont was good enough and it's a chance for the 18k regulars to show the part-timers what it's all about
I really take exception to this "less committed fans" stuff. Personally, I f%~king love Leinster, my life revoolves around he team, but the fact is I just cannot afford a ST.
Now hopefully I'm years to come this will change, and I'll be on the terrace withthe big boys (I'll shout louder than anyone ;), but for now, games like munster and clermont are the only ones i can get too, because they're the big ones obviously, but also because of the availability of tickets.
What I'm saying is please LR stick it in he Aviva!
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Has to be Lansdowne, there's no sensible reason for the RDS
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

i can think of 1,500,000 reasons to play in LR
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
FatBoyChoice
Graduate

Post by FatBoyChoice »

Scott wrote:i can think of 1,500,000 reasons to play in LR
Worth about €650k more to Leinster to play in Aviva, according to today's IT.

I dont care where it's played tbh, I just wanted home QF.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

FatBoyChoice wrote:

i just want a ten euro ticket :D
Feva in Aviva
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

jrc wrote: Either way, I think we should play our q/f in the RDS in front of 18k people who regularly attend the matches and will shout the house down, instead of in Lansdowne with the above 18k people and another 32k who go to one game a year.
Presume that paragraph is ironic rather than just making no sense at all for no reason.
leinster80
Enlightened

Post by leinster80 »

jrc wrote:
What a load of Bullsh%t.
Shake your di*ks, this pissing contest is over!
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Scott wrote:
FatBoyChoice wrote:

i just want a ten euro ticket :D
Feva in Aviva
Fat chance of that. A guaranteed minimum of 35 notes just for the North stand and 50 notes for lower east/west, if the Munster match was anythiong ot go by.

I expect the anti-rugby, green-eyed, closet-GAA, anti-foreign-games, or uneducated journo's to start whinging about the price of tickets as soon as the prices are announced :roll:
T - 45
Donald
Mullet

Post by Donald »

Tickets will be €35 for North and South ends just like Clermonnt QF last year. These being the cheapest seats in the house for a QF in the biggest rugby club comp is not expensive at all IMHO. You would pay €40 or €50 for a bog standard Ireland soccer freindlt against a top team like Brazil or something or even for a euro or world cup qualifier agianst the likes of San Marino, Macedonia etc etc. Also a Leinster final tickets for the Dubs in GAA HQ would start at €35 I think for a seat in one of the stand.

Definitely not expensive IMHO
Come live with me in SEALAND!!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Donald wrote:Tickets will be €35 for North and South ends just like Clermonnt QF last year. These being the cheapest seats in the house for a QF in the biggest rugby club comp is not expensive at all IMHO. You would pay €40 or €50 for a bog standard Ireland soccer freindlt against a top team like Brazil or something or even for a euro or world cup qualifier agianst the likes of San Marino, Macedonia etc etc. Also a Leinster final tickets for the Dubs in GAA HQ would start at €35 I think for a seat in one of the stand.

Pure speculation at this point.
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

Donald wrote:Tickets will be €35 for North and South ends just like Clermonnt QF last year. These being the cheapest seats in the house for a QF in the biggest rugby club comp is not expensive at all IMHO. You would pay €40 or €50 for a bog standard Ireland soccer freindlt against a top team like Brazil or something or even for a euro or world cup qualifier agianst the likes of San Marino, Macedonia etc etc. Also a Leinster final tickets for the Dubs in GAA HQ would start at €35 I think for a seat in one of the stand.

Well said.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

leinster80 wrote:
jrc wrote:
What a load of Bullsh%t.
Good point, well made.

In my opinion, we have a far better chance of winning on our home ground packed to the rafters with loyal fans, than in a ground several of our players don't know that well, in front of a potentially less enthusiastic crowd (compared to the RDS).
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

leinster80 wrote:
jrc wrote:
What a load of Bullsh%t.
Agreed.